The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PDF: (P1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (P2) Edmonton Oilers | Ducks win series 4-3

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, McDavyCrockett said:

If only life worked in weird hypotheticals like that.

"Without"

"If Only!"

Like "if only" the Flames hadn't won the 89 series on an illegal goal, or "if only" Colin Campbell's son hadn't been a player on the 2011 Bruins squad....."if only"...then maybe the Canucks would actually have a Stanley Cup after 47 years, eh?

"If Only" it was Trevor Linden that cheap-shot Mark Messier at the end of Game 6 at the 94 finals and not the other way around.

Ducks in six, I think the Oilers are in for a surprise. The Oil have no size advantage and I don't see them having an intimidation factor either, whereas the Ducks have a legit shutdown guy in Kesler. McDavid's gonna be seeing a lot of Kesler, could even see Perry taking runs at him too. This series could get ugly quick.

Even though Gabby isn't the coach anymore, the Ducks just dont go far in the playoffs. Four straight game 7's lost on home ice, they're essentially the Sharks of southern California, an old team of chokers.

Oilers in 6. I'm hoping for this also as a conference final of Anaheim vs. St.Louis or Nashville would be dull as s***.

9 hours ago, McDavyCrockett said:

2nd game: GWG off of Bouma's skate

3rd game: 2nd, 3rd, and 5th goals were all bull**** fluke plays that any good goalie stops. Elliot is a scrub.

^ Calgary outplayed them in both and the above was the result. 

No one says that Anaheim isn't a legit contender.....but ya know, contenders can be upset, yeah? Look at Chicago.

To be fair, San Jose was the better team in last night's game outside of the two breakaways that occurred within a couple minutes of each other. I wouldn't say Edmonton exactly pulled SJ apart with surgical precision by any stretch.

Ducks in 5

Kesler and perry will drive everyone nuts, including and especially Mcdavid.

Mcdavid has never played someone as good defensively and at agitating as kesler. Lucic and Kassian pose no threat to a big Ducks team.

To be clear all 5 games will be close, but Ducks will stay winning

5 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Ducks in six, I think the Oilers are in for a surprise. The Oil have no size advantage and I don't see them having an intimidation factor either, whereas the Ducks have a legit shutdown guy in Kesler. McDavid's gonna be seeing a lot of Kesler, could even see Perry taking runs at him too. This series could get ugly quick.

This is a series where I see Lucic and Maroon's aggressiveness and bad decisions taking bad penalties cost Edmonton. 

3 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

To be fair, San Jose was the better team in last night's game outside of the two breakaways that occurred within a couple minutes of each other. I wouldn't say Edmonton exactly pulled SJ apart with surgical precision by any stretch.

SJ was the better team in games 1, 4, and 6....but thanks to Talbot, we snuck out a win in one of those.

Edmonton was the better team in games 2, 3, and 4.

Normally, when the series is so even in terms of game-play, you expect a tight hard-fought outcome.....the Flames were swept in 4 when they outplayed the Ducks for half the series.

That was my point.

1 hour ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

This is a series where I see Lucic and Maroon's aggressiveness and bad decisions taking bad penalties cost Edmonton. 

I could see that too, and I just don't see Edmonton having the necessary PK depth.

Archived