The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

5th Overall: CDC 2017 Draft Consensus

5th Overall: CDC 2017 Draft Consensus  

532 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pick your top 3 players for the 5th overall pick at the draft. The last choice is for the player you do not want. 

The following players have not been included because there is little chance of them being available at the 5th pick:

1. Nolan Patrick
  2. Nico Hischier

Previous results:

iMjwNWr.png

5CLMm4I.png

2mdqxx2.png

5p0751.png

25ter6v.png

3 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

1. Glass

2. Mittelstadt

3. Makar

Do not want

Vilardi

Rasmussen

Also who said in 2015 that they didn't want Brock?

Good question. From what I understand, Boeser was high on Benning's list - to the point that Benning was surprised he was still on the board at 23 - but I don't remember his name being brought up on here at all until he was drafted.

19 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Good question. From what I understand, Boeser was high on Benning's list - to the point that Benning was surprised he was still on the board at 23 - but I don't remember his name being brought up on here at all until he was drafted.

People just really wanted a dman in 2015 but Boeser did have the most votes for a forward.

1 minute ago, diesel_3 said:

Honestly, would be happy with most of the names provided....Except Rasmussen.

Rasmussen isn't that bad. The only thing questionable is the 5 vs 5 thing, which is not a small thing to overlook. He has produced at every level though and he looks like he shows up to every game.

The Rasmussen hate is a little overboard.

Just now, Dazzle said:

Rasmussen isn't that bad. The only thing questionable is the 5 vs 5 thing, which is not a small thing to overlook. He has produced at every level though and he looks like he shows up to every game.

The Rasmussen hate is a little overboard.

Where did I say I 'hated' him?

I have never been one to want a player because he is local. He has Zack Kassian, Kyle Beach and Jake Virtanen written all over him, sure...He could eventually be a good pick for somebody, just not at 5th overall.

6 minutes ago, Baer. said:

1. Lias Andersson

2. Lias Andersson

3. Lias Andersson

Do not want:

Anybody who isn't Lias Andersson

Lol come on dawg, ya killing the survey. Having said that, I respect your commitment to Andersson.

19 minutes ago, ItsMillerTime said:

A lot of people want centres but if we can get one of the 2 D the Canucks defence would be awesome in the future.

It would be nice to build a rock solid D, but who's going to put the puck in the net? Once Hank retires we have Sutter and Horvat as our top 2 centers. That's too weak to compete with much deeper teams in our division.

This is the draft for centers. I'd rather try and get a top D-man with our two 2nd round picks, or even in next years draft.

Archived