The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

6 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Are you implying they can’t fill an hour?  Surely you jest!

TML media lackies always have a ton of 'go to' TML blah garbage. The day after Pettersson got concussed by Matheson, my SportsNet page had the main story as the TML goalie ( with the Marlies ) had a life long desire to score a goal ! Pettersson was one of three sub stories.

On 1/8/2019 at 3:13 AM, khay said:

The Leafs have won the division only once since 1970? Wow. They have had some good players in the past so, I'm really surprised.

A recent article on Sportsnet (https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/12-silver-linings-canucks-despite-heavy-defeat-maple-leafs/), shows how butthurt they are regarding the Canucks. It's a pathetic article, a low kick to the Canucks but disguised under the title 12 silver linings. 

But their failure to win anything at any level (division, conference, league championship, let alone Stanley cup) shows why they are so sensitive.

I wonder, since the early 2000's, are we the most successful Canadian team in terms of trophies and banners lifted? 

1968 but who's counting

6 hours ago, TU90 said:

He said in that Swedish interview that he still has some pain. Assuming we won't be seeing him for a few more games.

That very well may be the case, I don't doubt it. But the time date of the article and some factual tidbits seem jumbo'd and out of context. The article was posted on Jan 10th, the very day the Canucks played the Coyotes, yet the writer refers to Petey missing the game "last night".  Now, its always possible that Petey did the interview after the Arizona game, or the writer started the article on the 10th and actually put it up on the 11th. That's always possible as well,  but I've read these types of interviews before and they're notorious for getting facts mixed and loosing context during translation.

14 hours ago, ItsAllOursBoys said:

That very well may be the case, I don't doubt it. But the time date of the article and some factual tidbits seem jumbo'd and out of context. The article was posted on Jan 10th, the very day the Canucks played the Coyotes, yet the writer refers to Petey missing the game "last night".  Now, its always possible that Petey did the interview after the Arizona game, or the writer started the article on the 10th and actually put it up on the 11th. That's always possible as well,  but I've read these types of interviews before and they're notorious for getting facts mixed and loosing context during translation.

:huh:... jumbled?

• Haha 1

On 1/11/2019 at 4:57 PM, redhdlois said:

Just heard on SN 650 that Petey skated today.........
single digit minutes....hopefully was just testing it and not because it was hurting.

Just showed it on the news.  Not skating hard...doing s type "testing it out" stuff.  Hopefully it's just about "making sure" he's ok, not that he's not ok.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1