The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Have to admit, I enjoy seeing Saskatchewan hockey programs teaching “the Elias Pettersson breakaway forehand move”:

Petey’s already such a legend. :) 

Those kids are friggin’ amazing!  Their hands are so fast.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

The way I see it, now the Canucks can put either JT Miller or Ferland on Pettersson's wing and all of a sudden, he has a lot more space to create plays, Either of them can protect Petey much better than hs wings last year. This alone makes me think Pettersson will have a better year this year. I just hope this year Green will be will be more inclined to split up Petey and Boeser every now and then. At least then Petey won't be looking for Boeser for the shot so much at the tail end of last season and actually take the shot himself.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, smokes said:

The way I see it, now the Canucks can put either JT Miller or Ferland on Pettersson's wing and all of a sudden, he has a lot more space to create plays, Either of them can protect Petey much better than hs wings last year. This alone makes me think Pettersson will have a better year this year. I just hope this year Green will be will be more inclined to split up Petey and Boeser every now and then. At least then Petey won't be looking for Boeser for the shot so much at the tail end of last season and actually take the shot himself.

Add in D that will be far better at moving the puck up to them and I'm quite excited for this coming season!

25 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Add in D that will be far better at moving the puck up to them and I'm quite excited for this coming season!

Really looking forward to seeing this. I believe the D will be able to move the puck better, good zone exits and with players like Hughes and Juolevi, who move the puck so well, the Canucks might spend a lot of time in the o-zone, especially with Pettersson and Boeser on the ice. I had the SWE-FIN Worlds game on PVR that I watched this past weekend. I forgot how great Pettersson is defensively as well. Always able to get back, get his stick to disrupt the play, and get the puck out of the zone. He makes it look easy, but it's pretty special how he does that.   

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Really looking forward to seeing this. I believe the D will be able to move the puck better, good zone exits and with players like Hughes and Juolevi, who move the puck so well, the Canucks might spend a lot of time in the o-zone, especially with Pettersson and Boeser on the ice. I had the SWE-FIN Worlds game on PVR that I watched this past weekend. I forgot how great Pettersson is defensively as well. Always able to get back, get his stick to disrupt the play, and get the puck out of the zone. He makes it look easy, but it's pretty special how he does that.   

Myers is also pretty good at moving the puck as well.

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Myers is also pretty good at moving the puck as well.

Looking forward to possibly seeing a Edler-Myers pairing. A part of me wants to keep Tanev as well, and just reduce his role a bit, maybe with Hughes as a partner, he wouldn't have to block every shot in the d-zone. With Hughes, I'm expecting the puck to be in the o-zone a lot more. Heck, maybe we'll even see Tanev pad his offensive stats :) Lot of offensive options with this team now. I think any time Pettersson is on the ice, his team mates have a good chance to pick up some points.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

On 6/23/2017 at 4:43 PM, Warhippy said:

Glass comparison:  Schieffle and Linden

Vilardi Comparison:  Getzlaf and Tavares

Petterson, you're going to be at minimum a 4 year project and you're going to be weighed against them for the next 2 decades.

Good luck, welcome to Vancouver

I like looking at this post and realizing that the “project” is the only player in the NHL of the three. Also Calder :bigblush: