The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

20 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I do get a bit concerned that his goal drought at the end of last year wasn't too much of an anomaly, but I have faith that whether it be by goals or assists (likely to Boeser), he'll still put up a lot of points next year. From some images we've seen this summer, his arms look notably bigger, so I think he is bulking up a bit.

plus he's going to have either Miller or Ferland flanking him helping to create space. Most of his left side line mate time was with Leivo, Goldy, Baer or Loui. With Ferkie and/or Miller I think we're in for a treat. 

On 7/26/2019 at 12:40 AM, Alflives said:

Draft hype created by media to boost fans’ Interest, and their ratings.  That’s where the silly comparisons come from.  We all fall for it though, except me.  I can see the future! 

FA5BF253-08D2-4313-BA2D-0DC636DD691F.jpeg

Check out the spoiler

Spoiler

• Cheers 1

On 8/5/2019 at 1:54 PM, NUCKER67 said:

I believe Pettersson was just tired down the stretch, having played so much high level hockey every other night, travel, and opponents being more aware of him and not allowing him any time and space. He did say at the end of the season that he would work in the off season on fixing that and improving. I won't be surprised if he struggles at times, but then he'll also have two very good wingers to work with. Pettersson might also come to camp stronger.

Definitely tired.  He was not only expected to create offense against the best defenders the opposition he could ice, he was also the first guy on his line back on the backcheck and often the one who forced the takeway in his own zone.  Not surprising he got gassed from the kind of effort he provided.  He'll have a lot more help this year, both on his line and a legit 2nd line, plus a full off-season to train.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/5/2019 at 1:17 PM, Mrwipeout said:

Actually im kinda worried of how Peteys sophmore year will affect him. He is brilliant and got a special vision putting him on a higher level then the elite standard. That amazing shot and the way he moves on the ice and constantly makes new things happen. All that is based on confidence for a young player and that sophmore year can be a real killer for that. Like any player hes gonna need to work through it and im hoping his experience from last year as well as finding a third link next to boeser will get through it and that he will thrive as he did first half of last season.  Also makes me wondering a lot about what type of pre-season training he has been doing. Anyone got any info on that what so ever? he needs to get stronger and tougher and still maintain the way his skating and mobility allows him to move the way he does....tricky stuff and not that much time for it. Also a mental recovery with family and friends.....

After watching his amazing rookie season and how well he dealt with relentless media, I think we all can agree that this kid is mature beyond his years.

He doesn't strike me as the type that would miss the mark as to where he needs to be physically and mentally.

I am very confident he will come to camp ready in both aspects to, once again tear up the league and improve on what was an exciting rookie debut.

Many are worried about the sophomore jinx but, given the new weapons JB has added and a full season of Quinn Hughes, Petey has a lot more options for go to's. I don't see a drop off in his production but a dramatic improvement. 

• Upvote 4

On 8/8/2019 at 12:54 AM, HerrDrFunk said:

A bunch of people in Vancouver are going to find out the hard way that the Swedish version isn't compatible with their North American console.

If EA was smart, they would have released a limited Swedish cover edition only in Vancouver since they already made it.

14 hours ago, Chicken. said:

in case any one else is desperate for some Petey summer content... here is a short clip trying out some new 'profile' or skate edges 

Nice to see him do an interview in his native language too with subtitles for us English folk. although i am sure he is practicing his english very hard so he has the right words to put the dumb reporters in their place again next year :P

i remember from the Allstar skillscompetition for fastest skater, on his 2nd turn he didnt accelerate behind the net, which is what Mcdavid always does. He mentions here that he in corners felt he didnt quite have the full grip he wanted so lets see if he will start to accelerate even more while turning with the new Profile. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1