Adarsh Sant

Canucks Free Agency 2017 (July 1 update: Canucks sign 5 players)

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, 12-16-FG said:

I'm liking the UFA's that have signed, though i do have question's and reserves with Burmistov. But in the meantime, these signing of three years for Sam and (don't know) Burmistov's term can that spell the end of Sutter. Any one of those kids who make the team,  cut's someones ice time down. And TY JB for re-signing Rodin. Good to see him get his shot. Good luck Greener. it will be a long season.

hope there will be less complaining about Megna.

4 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Loui, what are you doing?

He's our new assistant manager, didn't you hear? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

He's our new assistant manager, didn't you hear? 

help justify his salary 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Enforcer. Gudbranson fights but he's not an enforcer. 

Neither is Lucic. Enforcers don't get paid $6m/. 

Enforcers have been declining since the revelation that head injuries were linked to depression. Please consider that when begging for player to fight for your entertainment.  

Just now, appleboy said:

For all of those who are saying that they don't understand why the Canucks are signing players today. Those who suggest that the rebuild is over. The eastern media who say that there is no direction and so on.

The players signed today are purely depth players and are not going to make us much better. We will still be in the bottom of the league. This will give the team the ability to leave some of the youth where they belong. It never pays to rush players into the nhl. They need to ice a team of nhl players. That's all.

So the un-Edmonton model then... ;)

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, appleboy said:

For all of those who are saying that they don't understand why the Canucks are signing players today. Those who suggest that the rebuild is over. The eastern media who say that there is no direction and so on.

The players signed today are purely depth players and are not going to make us much better. We will still be in the bottom of the league. This will give the team the ability to leave some of the youth where they belong. It never pays to rush players into the nhl. They need to ice a team of nhl players. That's all.

I think they will do a lot better than last season, as long they don't get killed by mumps, flu, food poisoning, and multiple injuries again. 

• Upvote 1

The Burmistrov and Wiercioch deals are cheap and only 1 year, so not a big deal. By next year, Boeser, Virtanen and Juolevi will be up.

Del Zotto and Nilsson are only 2 years, and by the end of that Demko (and possibly Brisebois/Subban) should be ready.

Gagner's contract is 3 years and by the end of that Pettersson, Dahlen, Gaudette and Lockwood will be ready.

Nicely done Jim.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

The Burmistrov and Wiercioch deals are cheap and only 1 year, so not a big deal. By next year, Boeser, Virtanen and Juolevi will be up.

Del Zotto and Nilsson are only 2 years, and by the end of that Demko (and possibly Brisebois/Subban) should be ready.

Gagner's contract is 3 years and by the end of that Pettersson, Dahlen, Gaudette and Lockwood will be ready.

Nicely done Jim.

I think Jake and Brock will be on the team. 

I say were going to trade Erik Gudbranson   we just got another D that's 6.5 for a year

With them picking up 5 players I'm thinking they are either plugging holes waiting for the prospects top step up, providing competition

or there may be a trade in the works

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

*After the TDL ;)

1 minute ago, keehan3 said:

I say were going to trade Erik Gudbranson   we just got another D that's 6.5 for a year

Have a look at the injuries last two seasons on defence. I doubt it. I think Benning doesn't want to be calling on Utica for injury replacements. 

We've lost two left handed d-men, looks like we've replaced them. 

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Nice sig, I love Alissa White Gluz

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Nice sig, I love Alissa White Gluz

Thanks, good taste :)

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Jake Brock and Goldy I think Sutter and maybe A D get traded with burmi We now have too many centres 

6 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I think they will do a lot better than last season, as long they don't get killed by mumps, flu, food poisoning, and multiple injuries again. 

It won't take much to do better.B) This is by no means a playoff team and you don't need to be last to still draft high. As long as we are not dumping picks for someone else's left overs I'm on board.

• Upvote 1