The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks extend qualifying offers

Other than a couple of fights and one or two decent shifts, Cram didn't show very much last year. Not surprised to see him let go. Labate fills his spot, is younger and bigger; that and Green is familiar with him.

The others: Chaput I like, he does his 4th line job reasonably well. Megna...well, he's fast, and...um...well he's fast. Garteig also didn't show that much, I wouldn't be surprised to see him with another organization, trying to get a steady AHL job instead of the ECHL. Boucher has some upside, but he better show it this year, or he could end up roomies with Grenier (where ever Grenier ends up).

Good to see all of them qualified. Boucher showed some goal scoring potential after we claimed him off waivers so he was definitely worth keeping around. Bo, Tram are obviously who we're building around and Chaput, Gaunce, McEneny are the supporting cast around them. I feel we haven't seen the best from Gaunce yet and next year will most likely provide the setting for a breakout year. Garteig, Cram are question marks but hopefully we can find a way to keep them around

29 minutes ago, combover said:

So we keep buttercups Chaput and Megna and let some  toughness in  camarossa walk. Yep the Vancouver pushovers will be back for another season of getting walked on. 

We kept Megna?  

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why?  

Because they needed two forwards signed who had the required number of games for expansion - Megna and Dorsett.   He was signed last season to help out Utica but then there were injuries.  Probably same idea this season - Utica bound but a call-up in case of injuries.

Archived