The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Vegas signs Reinhart, Leipsic

5 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Is Reinhart on a one way? :unsure:

So is Chaput.. the only ones a 1 way really affect is the owner.. its not like NHL 17 where a 2way contract allows you to send then to the minors without needing waivers.. it just simply means he will make that money even if he plays in the minors.. which he probably won't

Unless there's something idk in which case ignore my above statement lol

3 hours ago, Hortankin said:

So is Chaput.. the one ones a 1 way really affect is the owner.. its not like NHL 17 where a 2way contract allows you to send then to the minors without needing waivers.. it just simply means he will make that money even if he plays in the minors.. which he probably won't

Sorry, but that's hilarious to read :P

You are correct about the usage of the one-way and two-way deals though.

hate that EA hasn't adjusted that yet. I also hate that they have a free "send down" period where you don't have to waive players that you normally would have to to send them to the AHL.

23 minutes ago, c00kies said:

Sorry, but that's hilarious to read :P

You are correct about the usage of the one-way and two-way deals though.

hate that EA hasn't adjusted that yet. I also hate that they have a free "send down" period where you don't have to waive players that you normally would have to to send them to the AHL.

Lol it was suppose to be only not one

7 hours ago, Hortankin said:

So is Chaput.. the only ones a 1 way really affect is the owner.. its not like NHL 17 where a 2way contract allows you to send then to the minors without needing waivers.. it just simply means he will make that money even if he plays in the minors.. which he probably won't

I was just looking for confirmation it is a one way deal.

I think Reinhart will prove himself to be a serviceable #4 D-man

I thought he looked ok in The playoffs, and really how bad can he be?

I think he was a scapegoat because a lot of executives used him to make themselves look bad, so they punished him for their own ineptitude.

Had he been a 2nd or 3rd round pick, he would have been quietly enjoying his solid but unspectacular NHL career for a few years now, but the powers that be, angry at their own ineptitude did their best to convince him he couldn't play and was worthless, like doing so would vindicate them.

He is the luckiest guy in the game right now, to have escaped the Oilers and Islander organizations is a one-way ticket out of hell, in Vegas, he will quietly and surely rebuild his game and confidence out of the lime light, until one day......he may end up a pretty decent Defenceman,

God is he lucky, he was really one year away from having his career trashed by outside influences,

Now, closer to home.......Was Subban available in the expansion? I feel really sorry for him that he wasn't taken, and I'm a little surprised actually. It's gone beyond the point of being amusing, and whatever team you cheer for I hate seeing a kid with talent get ground down into nothing for reasons unknown, I don't care if he ends up the next P.K for another team, he needs to get the hell out of Vancouver ASAP.

Whatever has happened to him here hasn't made sense for a REALLY LONG TIME, I hate to think it's the NHL old boys club, who can't touch P.K getting their shots in on his brother and Jimbo playing along to win their favor, but anyone who knows anything about the ugly side of the NHL knows what I'm talking about (Not a racism accusation, it's that they actually hated P.K's not falling into line, which they can't stand, I know it's bizarre but these are very weird people, that BTW is the reason he was shown the door in Montreal Bergevin is an "Old Boy" brought into the fold by Mario Lemieux, Gretzky hates them but doesn't want to hurt the game by calling them out)

There is a reason the NHL has always been #4 by a mile and has a history of bizarre self-destructive behavior,

Someday, before he dies, I hope Gretzy writes the book, he knows where all the bodies are buried.

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Based on one game?

That was a pretty intense game my friend the pressure was on the world was watching and Griff held up his end.

To say nothing of the fact that there was a time some of the world's best hockey people thought he was a top pairing guy,

The NY Islanders and the Oilers were the two WOST places for a kid to get drafted by over the last 10 years

People forget the Islanders recent history of destroying prospects, Ask Nino Niederreiter  about that, he was MORE than ready to play at the NHL level and they just kept holding him down till he saved his career by forcing a trade, he stepped right onto NHL ice as a top 6 forward proving the Islanders were idiots, How about Micheal Dal Colle? Who if he knows whats good for him, will demand to be let out of that career destroying system.

The OIlers need no introduction in these parts,

Griff's career begins this year, and I'm going on record saying he's going to prove a lot of people wrong and show he belongs in the NHL,

I hate seeing kids dreams destroyed by outside B.S and I'm thrilled for him to have escaped the clutches of madmen.

Archived