The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Consensus Prospect Rankings - #12

Brad Marchand

CDC Consensus Prospect Rankings - #12  

146 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Current Ranking:

1. Brock Boeser (104 votes - 53.97%)

2. Elias Pettersson (84 votes - 44.44%)

3. Olli Juolevi (95 votes - 54.29%)

4. Thatcher Demko (165 votes - 77.83%)

5. Jonathan Dahlen (77 votes - 41.62%)

6. Adam Gaudette (70 votes - 37.84%)

7. Nikolay Goldobin (90 votes - 55.21%)

8. Jake Virtanen (123 votes - 72.78%)

9. Kole Lind (68 votes - 40.48%)

10. Guillaume Brisebois (57 votes - 36.54%)

11. Jonah Gadjovich (tiebreaker: 29 votes - 59.18%)

Eligible Prospects:

Rodrigo Abols
Matthew Brassard
Cole Candella
Michael Carcone
Cole Cassels
Anton Cederholm
Jalen Chatfield
Michael DiPietro
Kristoffer Gunnarsson
Philip Holm
Lukas Jasek
Joseph LaBate
Yan-Pavel Laplante
William Lockwood
Zack MacEwen
Evan McEneny
Brett McKenzie
Griffen Molino
Petrus Palmu
Andrey Pedan
Jack Rathbone
Ashton Sautner
Mackenzie Stewart
Jakub Stukel
Jordan Subban
Dmitri Zhukenov

This one is a no brainer. Personally, I'd like McEneny for 13 since he's come a long way since being called up from the ECHL and broke out in a big way with Utica. He should be much higher in my opinion but having such a deep pool, he's being overshadowed. Next spot deserves to be his 

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Lockwood runs away with it.

There was a time where he would have been one of our top 5 prospects.

Yes, and there was a time (not long ago) when a lot of people had Subban in the top 5. This time round he won't be in the top 12.

51 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

This one is a no brainer. Personally, I'd like McEneny for 13 since he's come a long way since being called up from the ECHL and broke out in a big way with Utica. He should be much higher in my opinion but having such a deep pool, he's being overshadowed. Next spot deserves to be his 

The Canucks do have a deeper prospect pool than I can recall. Depending on how we define "prospect" there was time when Linden and Bure were both young guys in the system, and obviously when the Sedins were young guys they made the prospect pool good. And, more recently, there was a time when Edler, Kesler, Schneider, Hansen, and Raymond were all prospects.

I have been critical of Benning but, after this year's additions of Pettersson, Lind, Dahlen, Goldobin, Gadjovich and DiPietro to the pool, the prospect pipeline is looking very good. And the Canucks still might get Alex Kerfoot after August 15.

Obviously there is uncertainty about every guy on the list. But it plausible that the current prospect list could yield 4 to 6 "core" players (top 6 forwards, top 4 Ds, starting goalie). That would be excellent. We just need to hope that a couple of them turn out to be the kind of franchise players that can lead a Cup run.

Definitely Lockwood, he coulda slotted anywhere from 9-12. Very close with that group of guys. 

We got a few tiers of prospects for sure. 

Tier 1-boeser, Pettersson, Juolevi, demko

Tier 2-dahlen, Gaudette, Goldobin, Virtanen 

Tier 3-Lind, Brisebois, Gadjovich, Lockwood

Our tier 2-3 prospects arent too far off,  which is awesome. 

I feel Subban doesn't get a lot of respect as a prospect. Obviously his defense has been suspect but he's far and away our best offensive defensive prospect. It isn't even close. If he improves his defense a bit, he could be a star. I just don't see Will Lockwood ever being a star. So what do you value more, high ceiling or low floor? I'd take the high ceiling guy every time. 

1 hour ago, Burnt Gravy said:

If the last one was a tiebreaker, wouldn't it be easier to just award it to Lockwood and move onto 13?

You could only argue that if the total votes that went to the loser of the tiebreaker exceeds the remaining votes. For example, if the loser of the tiebreaker had 40 of the 100 votes, then in a subsequent poll, the loser of the tiebreaker could feasibly lose again, if the other 60 voters all choose in the right way. Even so, not all the same people vote in every poll nor do the same number of people vote.

Point is, it's good to be sure and accurate with these things.

14 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Definitely Lockwood, he coulda slotted anywhere from 9-12. Very close with that group of guys. 

This is actually a pretty good way to look at it, though you could maybe argue that tier 3 is larger than just those players since it gets so close after the first eight.

41 minutes ago, cyoung said:

I see it like this:

Boeser

Pettersson

----------------

Juolevi

Demko

Dahlen

Gaudette

----------------

Goldobin

Lind

Lockwood

Virtanen

Gadjovich

Brisebois

33 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

This is actually a pretty good way to look at it, though you could maybe argue that tier 3 is larger than just those players since it gets so close after the first eight.

For sure, I personally believe there is a bit of a drop off after 12, mainly due to top end potential. It starts becoming very unlikely they make the league in my opinion. Like usual, I'd love to be proven wrong! 

Archived