The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks in Beijing September 23 - Who's Going?

votrechien

2 hours ago, Green Building said:

Fair warning: bring carry on bags only so the idiot staff won't lose your luggage then not care about it one bit. Air Canada sucks. I'd rather fly Delta.

I find Air Can is way better than they were 15+ years ago. But yeah I avoid them when possible.

I didn't mention it but China Eastern Airlines can get you there a little cheaper than Air Can. But then you'd really be taking your life in your hands.

3 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Not sure how that managed to get 2 down votes? We've got some sensitive folks around here. 

I feel sorry for them but I did enjoy my two backpacking trips through China, the first time on my own.

I guess they did it three times ;/

2 hours ago, 6string said:

I feel sorry for them but I did enjoy my two backpacking trips through China, the first time on my own.

I guess they did it three times ;/

Maybe they thought you were bragging? It's easy to misunderstand someone on here.

That's twice more than I have. Not my cup of tea personally. Too many people! I much prefer the calmness of a beach, to the anxiety attack of a billion people haha. Maybe back in my drinking days I'd be able to handle it? These days I like to take it easy. Heading for a nice little weekend getaway with the lady to Whistler this weekend. 

20 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Maybe they thought you were bragging? It's easy to misunderstand someone on here.

That's twice more than I have. Not my cup of tea personally. Too many people! I much prefer the calmness of a beach, to the anxiety attack of a billion people haha. Maybe back in my drinking days I'd be able to handle it? These days I like to take it easy. Heading for a nice little weekend getaway with the lady to Whistler this weekend. 

Thanks for replying, I was hoping my comment would encourage people to ask me about Beijing so to encourage them to go if they were considering it...Awesome place!

I agree with your vacation choices as well, big trips or small trips - we earned them!

I'm currently living in Hong Kong and just booked flights and trains to Shanghai and Beijing (trying to go to both games). 

I'm having a hell of a time buying tickets on the damai site - is there any trick to it? Or can tickets be purchased elsewhere?

Thanks.

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:53 AM, Nuxfanabroad said:

Next yr is Mongolia..Ulan Bator is growin like nuts!

check the population size and economy differences between the two countries.  There are single municipalities and metropolitans in China with population similar to entire Canada. 

3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Ya but the whole team really wanna stay in yurts for a few days

ha! Have you seen the pix of the charter plane the players are flying on? talk about luxury. 

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks-roster-china-2017

i just hope the boys put on a good show, and don't get injured. The fun part of this season is seeing which young player can take it to the next step. The vets are keeping them respectable, hopefully not #29 again. 

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

ha! Have you seen the pix of the charter plane the players are flying on? talk about luxury. 

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks-roster-china-2017

i just hope the boys put on a good show, and don't get injured. The fun part of this season is seeing which young player can take it to the next step. The vets are keeping them respectable, hopefully not #29 again. 

Yeah, Jai there's a lotta reasons to be strongly interested to see the kinda team they throw together. Concerned we might even lose a guy(or 2 ) to waivers...

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎12 at 7:58 PM, nuckin_futz said:

I find Air Can is way better than they were 15+ years ago. But yeah I avoid them when possible.

I didn't mention it but China Eastern Airlines can get you there a little cheaper than Air Can. But then you'd really be taking your life in your hands.

There's a reason for them being cheaper.  You will have to bring your own edible food, toilet paper and buy life insurance.

Canuck coaching staff by chance meet a before unheard of undrafted 19 yr old Chinese hockey player  practising by himself in The World Ice Arena in Hangzhou when they were off doing a few touristy things.

The Chinese 19 yr old turns out to be a phenom and   Canuck management quickly signs him to one way Canuck Contract.  He becomes a 5 time  NHL fifty goal scorer.

OK - i can dream right ? 

Archived