The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sekeres throws BS shade at Goldy

Bur14Kes17

Why would you want to play in San Jose?  Your rent and other expenses will be 4 times what it is in Utica and no one shows up for the games.  It isn't San Jose I grant you but you can do worse than playing AHL in Utica.  The season is already sold out for 2017-18.  Rob Esche takes good care of the players who are top of the food chain in Utica.  And on top of that you take a bus 1 or 2 hours to a game and you're back in your own bed that night.  Way less travel time in Utica.  Lots of payers call about playing in Utica. It has a good rep among the players. 

36 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

Call me when Goldy scores 20 in an AHL season and then doesn't make the big club.

Until then, everything else is just noise...like this thread.

Goldobin scored 21 goals in the AHL in 2015-2016 and still has fewer than 25 games played. Guess everyingthing else isn't just noise 

6 minutes ago, Canadian Clay said:

Goldobin scored 21 goals in the AHL in 2015-2016 and still has fewer than 25 games played. Guess everyingthing else isn't just noise 

Three seasons ago. With no defensive zone game at all. Done nothing since. But I guess he should be handed a roster spot?

He needs to go down to Utica, learn to play 18 - 20 minutes every night, clean up his defensive game and score 20. That happens and there's no way he's not an injury call-up or doesn't start next season here. But until then, these types of threads try to create drama where none exists.

It's a Russian Bashin' clickbait that douchebag Sekeres is using for ratings and at the same time possibly destroying a young mans career.

Larionov one of the classiest former NHL'ers would speak the truth compare to a low life rate bait mainstream *journalist who have lost all credibility in all fields of journalism today.

Ambulance chasers journalists should be turned off!

2 hours ago, Odd. said:

What's the big issue here?

He was just training the thought that maybe Goldobin could bolt to the NHL like Tryamkin did since he's still under contract with Moscow. How's that throwing shade? Sorry, but I don't see how this is throwing shade at Goldobin. It's quite common for Russians players to go to the KHL and develop for a few years and then come back when they're ready. Obviously his question got shot down by Goldy's agent himself but in no way is that trying to throw shade.

Difference is Tryamkin's contract with us ran out. He had the option of signing in the KHL. Goldobin has a current contract with us, has been shown on instragram to be perfectly comfortable living in the West (unlike Tryamkin), has no wife who hates it here, and has accepted playing in the AHL before. With Utica no less. 

He just has a very different mindset and attitude than Tryamkin and i don't believe that Sekeres has personally heard anything to suggest otherwise.

Sekeres is so full of himself.  Himself is code for something found in a barn that smells and comes from the south end of the Hershey highway.

Kermit the frog with a head cold, its what I think of every time he opens the pie hole.

Price is even worse.

1 hour ago, VIC_CITY said:

Did anyone here actually listen to the show? Judging by most of the responses in this thread, I'd say no. They had a legit discussion speculating about the possibility of Goldobin bolting to the KHL if he didn't make the Canucks. At no point did they say Goldobin would do this, or that they heard Goldobin had interest in the KHL

Then why talk about it? They're just stirring up $&!#. It's the middle of training camp, there are more concrete, factually based things to talk about than making up a doom and gloom worst case scenario for one of the promising young players in the organization.

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

You guys in Vancouver seem to have too many media outlets/reports for one hockey team.   Even Toronto doesn't seem to have it this bad.  How do all of them make it in a relatively small market?   Advertising dollars are only so deep.   Guess these guys must have to fabricate drama to justify their existence (?).

What happened on Sept 4 is that Sportsnet 650, a new sports talk radio station is on the air in Van.  Competition has resulted in loss of listeners to the most annoying and abrasive ego's on the air.  So we see him spitballing things that are designed to get people pissed off.  

It just occured to me.  I'm going to un-follow Sekeres on twitter.  Just like I un-followed his argumentative side kick Price last year.  ::D  Now I'm happy.

Whether or not he makes the team is up to him.  The fact is that he has the skill to compete for a spot, and it's his drive and determination that will establish which team he plays for over the season.

I'm tired of hearing about the potential for a guy to go to a different league if he isn't gifted a spot in a lineup.  If you have the talent and work your butt off, you'll get it.  Otherwise, you're wasting your energy on bitching and complaining instead and might as well go to a league where your worth ethic isn't paramount.

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

All I want like to hear is some real news, talk, discussion, and insight about the Canucks, not garbage like Sekeres and the other monkeys at TMZ1040 pull out of their nether region just to try to get ratings -- he openly admitted he does it, trying to play "bad cop", and he isn't even good at it.  He and Botchford should have their own show at 3AM where they can banter around the nonsense they dream up because they have no real insight, sources, or knowledge of their own... for people interested in that sort of thing. 

So we get a new station?  Almost every time I've turned to 650 it's been anything but Canucks -- golf, baseball, and Leafs worship.  Two sports stations in this city and neither are worth listening to.

Real news, genuine talk.....not real speculation or genuine bull

I've been enjoying the new Halford and Brough show.  Maybe because it's new.  Taylor is down the toilet for me.  Bro Jake and Pratt is what it is. And S & P is beyond my tolerance.  

I'm glad Dhaliwal is showing these garbage 'sports journalists' in this town what an actual journalist does.

He contacts the source, gets a direct quote. Instead of what some of you defenders say is 'spit balling'. This is real journalism, and he should certainly be given higher credentials/access to the team.

He is by far the most balanced, level headed reporter of any Canucks news we have seen in ages.

He is a breath of fresh air in a very, very polluted market.

Every Russian "bolts" for Russia regardless of intent. I see shade being thrown at Tryamkin more than anything. He didn't leave cause of money or anything like that. It was a legit family reason. And honestly at this point Goldy has paid his dues in the AHL. I legitimately don't see any reason for him to go back other than it being easy to do so due to his waiver status. So if he were to leave back to Russia cause the Canucks sent him to the A I would not even be upset at him. I would be upset at management. Goldy should and I hope is on the opening night roster, unless for some reason he is a completely different player (worse) this year than he was at the end of last year. He looked pretty good in my opinion. Few defensive things to shore up nothing major.

Archived