The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2017-18 (One GM position open!)

canuck2xtreme

21 hours ago, da.moose said:

What this deal came down to for me was a win now mentality like never before. In Washington I have always practiced patience with my young talent but we see a window open right now where we can truly compete. Being from Winnipeg, my love and admiration for Patrik Laine and the Winnipeg Jets makes this an exciting deal for me to make and cheering for the Jets will be that much more exciting with Laine leading my team for years to come.

When I watch Laine I see one of the biggest, strongest, most gifted goal scorers that I have ever had the pleasure of watching. He is 19 years old and will only get better. I love his attitude, his work ethic and truly believe he has the makeup of a champion.

I don't want to be seen as tampering, however I agree with your last paragraph quoted above very strongly. One of my personal most favourite players to watch since before he made his NHL debut....I  fell in love with this kid during some of his Finnish interviews (*i do need help with the translations but can get the gist) and then laughed very hard when it translated perfectly to his english interviews. He is a star on the ice and he makes me smile off the ice and he is from Finland, Great pick up you got there DM and I hope your win now philosophy works for you this year, seeing as I am out of the running it would seem. 

the baseball thing reminds me what it is to be Finn or of Finnish heritage. Sisu. This guy has Sisu. Reminds me a lot of my nephew to be honest but his answer at baseball batting practice was strait out of my own mouth. ~I thought you were great~ "YEAH ME TOO and you and me are not the only guys who says that". 

FInns work hard, play hard, drink hard and we know we are probably the best among whoever is with us  doing whatever we are doing. 

clearly he is not doing the hard drinking until after his career, but he puts his heart into anything ...that is Sisu. 

and finally, watch the pass at 1:05 of this tape below ....yes i said PASS...that was 100% on purpose. 

Report: Montreal has been getting multiple inquiries about playoff-bound players James Neal and Brett Connolly. While Neal is a pending-UFA and a prime rental option for a contender, Connolly is a younger player on a good team who's just coming out of his RFA contract. Neither will come cheap, for different reasons, as re-signing Neal always remains an option.

The Buffalo Sabres will be sellers at the deadline this year folks! Out west we'd be comfortably in a playoff spot but alas we reside in the beast that is the east! 

Obviously not looking to move our young players but come on over and take a look to see if something might catch your eye! Got some good depth and some good higher end pieces available! 

OTB: Tyler Myers, Andy Greene, Lars Eller, Claude Giroux, Jonas Brodin, Riley Nash and Shawn Matthias

I had my recalls/assignments messed up - so I have 15F and 6D

Assign: Arizona assigns F Joel Eriksson Ek

Recall: Arizona recall D Tim Heed

(guess I ‘dressed’ Eriksson Ek’ as a D for last couple days - using the rule on page one) 

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The League has announced the following moving forward:

"Teams can freely discuss with ANY pending Free Agents on their respective clubs leading up to Free Agency without limitation. This is to allow our members improved access to their players ( discussing a player's intent, expectations, constructing contracts, etc ) and be better positioned to explore all of their options moving forward.

While there is no limit set as to how many players a team can speak with this is not to lead to a false sense of unlimited signings. As in real life, at the end of the day some players will sign, some players will walk, some players will wait until exploring the market come Free Agency. Either way teams now have the opportunity to touch base with players in an unlimited fashion and know where they stand."

Thank you

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:30 AM, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Arizona Coyotes have completed a trade with the Edmonton Oilers. (dated Jan 11th)

To ARI:
Tyler Bozak

To EDM:

Ian McCoshen

Hi C2X

This was designed to have Ian McCoshen on our main roster.  He is listed on our minors roster which leaves us short a body.

Can we please recall him back dated to the trade date?

Thanks as always!

Archived