The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(PROPOSAL) Markstrom to Winnipeg

11 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

What makes you think Markstrom would do any better? 

The Jets have a REALLY good team, but (IMHAO) very poor goaltending.  If they had Marky I think the Jets could make the playoffs, and make a run. 

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Watching Winnipeg dominate the Leafs tonight, but still lose badly on the scoreboard due to poor goaltending, I was wondering if they (Winnipeg) would give us a 2018 second round pick for Marky.  

If they are desperate, why not a 1st? Marky was once considered the best goalie not in the NHL (see the up-sell there? ;)) and is now a starter in his prime. 

I don't think  lot of the fanbase would be upset with a Nilsson/Bachman combo up here and Demko/Garteig in Utica. 

But just a 2nd. Nope. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

If they are desperate, why not a 1st? Marky was once considered the best goalie not in the NHL (see the up-sell there? ;)) and is now a starter in his prime. 

I don't think  lot of the fanbase would be upset with a Nilsson/Bachman combo up here and Demko/Garteig in Utica. 

But just a 2nd. Nope. 

Yup, I agree....if the difference in making the playoffs and making a run is Marky.....that is worth a 1st

7 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Sorry Alf....I gave him a plus on that! lol

So did I.  It was funny!  :lol:

i don't think Marky is worth a first.  Few goalies are traded for firsts.  I do think Winnipeg needs a better goalie though.  

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The Jets have a REALLY good team, but (IMHAO) very poor goaltending.  If they had Marky I think the Jets could make the playoffs, and make a run. 

It's cute you think a) Markstrom is good and b ) has a body that could even stay healthy enough for 48 starts. 

Also, the Jets must be amazing to go 0-8 on the Powerplay. 

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So did I.  It was funny!  :lol:

i don't think Marky is worth a first.  Few goalies are traded for firsts.  I do think Winnipeg needs a better goalie though.  

Yeah.....you are right but he is worth more than a second.........maybe a couple of 2nds/2 + 3rd? ......I probably would not be trading him anyways, but he is worth more than a second, and not as much as a 1st......????....but I am not trading him! Not yet!

7 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Yeah.....you are right but he is worth more than a second.........maybe a couple of 2nds/2 + 3rd? ......I probably would not be trading him anyways, but he is worth more than a second, and not as much as a 1st......????....but I am not trading him! Not yet!

Ya, it might be better to wait.  There's Calgary too, that has a really good team, but questions in goal.  If Smith stumbles they might want an upgrade too.

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Ya, it might be better to wait.  There's Calgary too, that has a really good team, but questions in goal.  If Smith stumbles they might want an upgrade too.

Smith will be proven to be junk.  In short order.....

Archived