The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

50 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

glad I stopped watching after 4-1 LOL.  i suffered through every losing minute of last year.  I decided I would tune out after the team falls into utter shambles.  No hint of comeback so I clocked out lol.  I usually check back in 20 minutes later but I knew it was over tonight.

After the 3rd. blatant giveaway by Edler directly to a Nashville player, which resulted in a goal in the latter part of period #3, I was disappointed that coach didn't have the balls to staple Edler's butt to the bench for the balance of the period.  Sometimes a player has to learn by being benched.

5 minutes ago, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

Lol spin it any way you want Suby suckered Jake bigtime and looked over his shoulder to make sure he was gonna get it in there nice n clean like. Jakes hit was clean but I do think his stick came down on Emelin as he turned away.  Hartnell now that POS should have put his money where his mouth is.

whether or not jake's hit was clean,he could have seriously injured emelin,Pk and Hartnell wouldn't have reacted that had jake not delivered that hit,i'm sure that the nhl will review everything and look at all of the videos.

1 minute ago, VanGnome said:

I missed the game, was picking up the wife and kid from Sea-Tac airport. What was context around Virtanen's hit, and why did the ref call it as a penalty?

It was a high stick as Jake's stick got Emelin and cut him on the lip.  Other than that, it was a clean hit and Nashville literally got butthurt 

Sadly, all our vets were in the line up and playing both tonight and against the Jets.....I hope the boys in charge of the roster see the writing on the wall.

Afraid though that some have a hard time grasping the obvious.

6 minutes ago, Green Building said:

The positive from this game tonight is that the young guys get a taste of the $&!#-stick and can hopefully learn how to overcome it by next game. Chalk this one up as a "what doesn't kill you..."

Agreed.  Hopefully they take some lessons from this one and have a response loaded for next game. 

2 minutes ago, PredsFanFromLa said:

whether or not jake's hit was clean,he could have seriously injured emelin,Pk and Hartnell wouldn't have reacted that had jake not delivered that hit,i'm sure that the nhl will review everything and look at all of the videos.

So help me understand, in your opinion Jake shouldn’t have hit Emelin?

2 minutes ago, PredsFanFromLa said:

You live and die by the sword, Emelin has dished out a lot of those

Well this was inevitable this team was never a playoff team and was always a lottery team , the injuries are just expediting the process. Fingers crossed for a top three pick. Anyways glad to see brock pick up a point really want him to win the calder. Beautiful hit by virtanen and embarssing push back from the team, dont need to drop the gloves even give some hard slashes and cross checks run guys into the boards show some damn balls.

Now if tanev is hurt..I been preaching trade tanev for a long time and we need to get it done asap, he is always hurt and doesnt have the body to sustain the style he plays, trade him before the league also takes notice how injury prone he is

26 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

We need to insert some toughness into the lineup. I feel like every team just pushes us around because they know we won't do anything, especially with the likes of Gudbranson out. Like how can Del Zotto and Stetcher just stand there when someone takes a shot at them? Show some pride.

All the Canucks dressed tonight are all lovers, not fighters. Nashvile had light heavyweights - Hardnell and Watson-on the ice. 

We need more Jonah Gadjovich, Dorsett players with a snarl, hard hitting with fighting skills on the team.  These type of players are so valuable in the playoffs.

Archived