The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] DET trade G Petr Mrazek to PHI

Adarsh Sant

4 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Seems like there is some kind of character issue with him they dont like?

Very odd to trade the younger, more controlable goalie when your a rebuilding team.

Decent return though, makes me want to see us trade Nilsson at next TDL

A late 2nd at least for mrazek...thats what i figured but i think Tampa could use Nilsson.

I remember this guy being very highly touted once. Particulary when Howard suffered a season ending injury a few seasons back.

His lack of commitment and his attitude issues probably the biggest factor here. 

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

I remember this guy being very highly touted once. Particulary when Howard suffered a season ending injury a few seasons back.

His lack of commitment and his attitude issues probably the biggest factor here. 

That and no more perrenial Selke winner playing in front of him. 

9 minutes ago, luckylager said:

3rd and a 4th, Jimmy.

Sure Mraz had a good season once. He's not that much better than Nilsson. 

Nilsson was better last year, considerably better and they both have a .910 sv% this year.

Not sure what make Mrazek better (with a 4 million cap hit as well - which is why they had to retain) - perhaps just the old Canuck inferiority complex / fishbowl effect where a goaltender is always judged on his last 2 appearances lol.

anyhow, goaltender market always seems to be a buyer's market.

9 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Tampa bay is one big Vasilevsky injury away from having thr parade route on hold till next season....i think Nilsson would be a good fit for them.

And you wouldn't make that same statement if Nilsson was their backup? Nilsson is 55th in save % and 66th in GAA.......don't think he would be their savior if Vasilevsky were to get hurt.

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Nilsson was better last year, considerably better and they both have a .910 sv% this year.

Not sure what make Mrazek better (with a 4 million cap hit as well - which is why they had to retain) - perhaps just the old Canuck inferiority complex / fishbowl effect where a goaltender is always judged on his last 2 appearances lol.

anyhow, goaltender market always seems to be a buyer's market.

Mrazek's playoff experience counts a lot for a team that may need to use him in the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

And you wouldn't make that same statement if Nilsson was their backup? Nilsson is 55th in save % and 66th in GAA.......don't think he would be their savior if Vasilevsky were to get hurt.

Nilsson would be an upgrade thn what they currently have. I feel Nilsson would play well with Tampas defence in front of him.

10 minutes ago, oldnews said:

meh.  one series in 14/15, three games in 15/16.

Played decent in both.  That's more than zero and it shows that the pressure didn't rattle him.  Nothing against Nilsson because he's proven he's a perfectly serviceable backup but if the choice was him or Mrazek Philly made the right call assuming the price was remotely similar.

42 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

I bet you a buck his stats would improve dramatically in TB.....................:unsure:

Why anyone thinks Nilsson has any trade value is beyond me. Reminds me of a couple years ago when people on here were suggesting Lack would fetch a late 1st rounder or at least a 2nd and a 3rd. Lol. Lack actually played quite well that season too. Quite often Nilsson gives up a softy (or two) early in the game and completely deflates any momentum the Canucks may have had. If he fetches anything more than a 6th round pick, I'll be surprised.

As for the Mrazek trade, not a great but still a solid return for Detroit. He looked like he had real potential two seasons ago but for some reason or another he regressed last season and still hasn't really found his game this season either. That being said, I still like his upside.

Archived