The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

450 NHL games for an AHLer lol.  thanks for making my point.

but yes, best not to bother with this any longer.

You know what I meant, considering our rather heated Sbisa discussions back then. His cap is/was probably the biggest talking point.

But yeah I agree, best to digress for the time being. 

32 minutes ago, guntrix said:

That he's not a top-4 D iirc. Not sure he's proven otherwise after 26 games with the Golden Knights tbh. 

I mean, I'm not even sure if William Karlsson is even the 30-goal scorer he's showing to be this season.

They have bought into the system there in Vegas. Gallant has them playing structured hockey and they have tons and tons of speed in their lineup. They are succeeding by committee and not through individuals. What also helps is that it is a fresh organization and the coach doesn't have to manage egos, you let the players compete amongst themselves for ice time. Not sure how sustainable their success is, it will be interesting to see whether many of these players regress towards the mean in coming years when roles on the team start to become more defined.

11 minutes ago, GettinGuddyWithIt said:

Some of you acting like losing guarantees Dahlin..how’d that work out the past 2 years? I just want wins

Losing does guarantee you a higher pick. We would not have Pettersson without all those losses last year.

29 minutes ago, GettinGuddyWithIt said:

Some of you acting like losing guarantees Dahlin..how’d that work out the past 2 years? I just want wins

17 minutes ago, Toews said:

Losing does guarantee you a higher pick. We would not have Pettersson without all those losses last year.

Maybe the Hockey Gods want us to have Dahlin instead of Matthews, '16, and Hischier/Patrick(Pettersson is the REAL deal), '17. 

Agree with Toews. Also, finishing higher possibly could've meant missing out on Lind early in the second round.

2 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

Image result for NHL Refs sucks

I never complain about the refs too often because if they suck they usually suck both ways but tonight they clearly favored the Avs! Other than Del Zotto' s stupid penalty the Avs scored on the rest were bogus.

Several phantom calls tonight which led to some bad coverage on the penalty kill and plain old bad luck cost them the game.

Thought it was yet another very poor overall game by the Sedins tonight several bad plays rarely any good and the soft penalties.no fault to Nilsson made some clutch saves and had Edler burn him screening him for 1 goal and leaving guy wide open on his post for tap in on another but in fairness lot of guys failed to do something good on most Avs goals and a couple just luckily found their way through players in the right spots.

Thought like I do on a lot of nights the left defense was pretty weak especially Del Zotto which is often the case and Pouliot and Edler weren't very good at times either but in fairness Edler and Pouliot did also have some good moments as well.

Lots of players played well at times mostly forwards and right side dmen,  forwards capitalized well and deserve some real credit sticking with it and generating lots of chances the game really just came down to some nice saves by Varmalov in OT and the refs screwing the Canucks over and that was definitely the biggest difference on the night.

Anyway all in all my takeaway some pretty positive signs moving forward again tonight.

4 hours ago, oldnews said:

The Horvat Baer Boeser line has been getting owned lately - on a fairly consistent basis.  Green has consistently been tilting the ice for them, and they're fading / getting outplayed.Understandable if BB is fading somewhat in his first NHL season - a huge jump from college to that grind.

But I think that line might need a different winger than Sven.  I like him, but do they need a hard areas, hard on the forecheck, bigger body on Boeser's opposing wing?   That or more speed / or both.

That's the line that should get preferential treatment and the increased O zone starts not the Sedin line. Shelter the Bo line more. It will pay off more than the twins.

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

One positive I saw was that Virtanen and Goldobin seem to have some good chemistry building.  I like them together.  Find a responsible Centre and that could be a great line

Except Jake had a poor game, his first for a while. His attempt to find a team mate with a pass was dismal.

4 hours ago, ArkDepot said:

Vancouver: 7th overall in Cap $pending

Edmonton: 20th
Montreal   : 28th
Ottawa      : 13th
Buffalo      : 8th
Arizona     : 31st

gB3CZPF.jpg

Whats you're point? That the Sedins don't have jam anymore and aren't worth the 14m they take up in cap space?

7 hours ago, oldnews said:

The Horvat Baer Boeser line has been getting owned lately - on a fairly consistent basis.  Green has consistently been tilting the ice for them, and they're fading / getting outplayed.Understandable if BB is fading somewhat in his first NHL season - a huge jump from college to that grind.

But I think that line might need a different winger than Sven.  I like him, but do they need a hard areas, hard on the forecheck, bigger body on Boeser's opposing wing?   That or more speed / or both.

:picard:

This is the guy who sweats blood defending the Sedins. Dear me.

8 hours ago, guntrix said:

If you want to blame Sedin for the last goal, that’s fair. You need to be consistent and blame Virtanen for the tying goal though. 

But we we all know CDC only holds certain players accountable. 

And if we want to blame a Sedin for the 1-1 tying PP goal penalty?

Archived