The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What A Coward - Parkland Armed School Resource Officer Never Went Into The School During Shooting

SabreFan1

Having read through 3 pages, I'm going to ask. Has anyone mentioned that there were 4 more officers, that did not initiate contact with the shooter at Parkland. This is getting curiouser and curiouser by the day. Trump and the NRA don't agree with each other, and the more questions asked, more finger pointing takes place. 20% of the teachers, according to Trump might be qualified to serve and protect schools, because they would like a huge bonus. The more this man opens his mouth, the more ignorant he sounds. Plus, that police officer that was on the CNN debate the other night, I don't think he's responded to these latest allegations.

5 hours ago, greenbean30 said:

Well if you read my other post, you would have read that I enjoy the hunt, but absolutely do not enjoy the kill.

But please, keep telling me who I am and what I enjoy. You’re really good at it!

I'm pretty sure he's just trolling now

7 hours ago, Dral said:

I'd rather have a quiet forum then one that feels they can disrespect our armed forces who have fought, killed and died for our right to talk on this forum

And I'd rather have a forum that supports the idea and practice of free speech.

10 hours ago, gurn said:

"But please don't try to speak about the amazing training in the armed forces unless you have served. "

If this place is confined to people posting only on those things they have personally experienced, it will be very quiet.

Quiet yes.  More credibility also yes.

9 hours ago, greenbean30 said:

Well if you read my other post, you would have read that I enjoy the hunt, but absolutely do not enjoy the kill.

But please, keep telling me who I am and what I enjoy. You’re really good at it!

You enjoy the hunt but not kill...So how about just do the hunt, but don't killl?

Your comments say everything about you.  

15 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Really? When did you serve?

I never did but really considered it and now wish I had. However, I do know many who have with both Canada and the US. I also read a lot. A buddy served with a guy who always brought extra pants at all times because no matter what he'd $&!# himself. He wouldn't freeze and I've been was amazing under pressure but just couldn't contain his bowels. Same buddy while under fire froze for about 10 seconds while bullets whizzed by his head before he snapped to and got to cover. He knew he had to and couldn't move. These types of reactions are normal even from people who have spent years training for that exact situation. 

Then don't speak for people that have.

Actually I think he did. I actually found his comment offensive, especially if he has never served in the armed forces.

You found it offensive...whoopidity &^@#ing do.  Can't say I care a single iota. I have nothing but upmost respect for people who served but human reaction to extreme situations affects everyone even them. It is a fact and well documented. 

None of us know how we'd react unless we've been there. That was my point. 

18 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

No you just prefer the go to the store and buy the meat that was killed by someone else because you don’t have the conscience to do it your self. Who cares if the animal was treated bad, as long as it wasn’t you it doesn’t matter. 

Again hunting plays a MAJOR role in conservation. It’s very important. 

Some people prefer for others to do their dirty work.

Doctoring emails in the face of a shooting that left 17 of your classmates and teachers dead. What the Hell is wrong with these people? ................

Parkland shooting survivor's family shops doctored emails with CNN to media outlets

image.thumb.png.3e8b9511c6a1c8464d3df385b3a46127.png

Fox host Tucker Carlson and Parkland shooting survivor Colton Haab

• The family of Colton Haab, a student at the Florida high school where a gunman killed 17 people last week, provided a doctored email between Haab's father, Glenn Haab, and a CNN producer to media outlets.
  • Colton told Fox News' Tucker Carlson on Thursday that a CNN producer rewrote a question for Haab to ask at the network's town hall-style event on Wednesday.
  • President Donald Trump tweeted about the interview on Thursday night, calling CNN "fake news."
  • CNN denies Haab's claims and said, "It is unfortunate that an effort to discredit CNN and the town hall with doctored emails has taken any attention away from the purpose of the event."

The family of Colton Haab, a student at the Florida high school where a gunman killed 17 people last week, provided a doctored email to media outlets in order to defend Haab's claims that CNN rewrote a question for him to ask at the network's Wednesday town-hall-style event on school shootings.

Haab told the Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Thursday night that CNN executive producer Carrie Stevenson gave him a question to deliver to lawmakers and told him to "stick to the script."

But CNN says there is "absolutely no truth" to Colton's claims, which he first made on a Miami TV-news station.

"In my interview with CNN, I had talked about arming the teachers, if they were willing to arm themselves in the school, to carry on campus," Haab told Carlson. "And they had - she had taken that, of what I had briefed on, and actually wrote that question out for me."

CNN says that Stevenson and Colton agreed on one question that Colton would ask, but that Haab's father, Glenn Haab, intervened, sending a lengthy speech (see below) that he wanted Colton to read, which included three questions for lawmakers.

Stevenson responded that the speech was "way too long" and that Colton "needs to stick" to the question they agreed on. Glenn then responded that he and his son "are not actors" and that Colton would not participate in the town hall if he could not read the full speech.

On Friday afternoon, Fox News and the HuffPost reached out to CNN to verify emails between the Haabs and Stevenson that they received from Colton.

A CNN source provided Colton's version of the emails, as well as their versions of all of the communications between the Haabs and CNN, to Business Insider.

In CNN's version of one email, Stevenson told Glenn that Colton needed to stick to a question that he and Stevenson "discussed on the phone that he submitted." But in the version of the email provided by Colton to Fox and HuffPost, the phrase, "that he submitted" is deleted.

CNN's version of the email:

5a90b71aaae605aa0e8b45d9-640-219.jpg

The Haabs' version of the email:

5a90b6d4aae6051c008b4692-640-220.jpg

According to the metadata of the Word document containing the email that was provided to Fox, it appears that Glenn last edited it.

"It is unfortunate that an effort to discredit CNN and the town hall with doctored emails has taken any attention away from the purpose of the event," a CNN spokesman told Business Insider. "However, when presented with doctored email exchanges, we felt the need to set the record straight."

Glenn did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The CNN source told Business Insider that Stevenson talked with Colton on the phone after he submitted several questions to the network.

The two decided during the call that Colton would ask one question about training teachers and school staff to carry weapons, the source said. Colton had suggested in an interview with "Fox & Friends" on Tuesday that Aaron Feis, a football coach at the high school who was killed while protecting students, might have stopped the shooter had he been armed.

The source said the final version of the question was made up of the "the verbatim language" Colton used on "Fox & Friends" about Feis in addition to his question about training teachers to be armed.

1-a4e2f4262b.jpg

(more details in the link)

https://amp.businessinsider.com/parkland-shooting-survivors-family-shops-doctored-cnn-emails-to-media-2018-2

Monday's going to be a long day at school for this kid.

5 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

It looks like 3 deputies were outside the school when shooting was going on.

Psssst don’t let the NRA find out that “four good guys” with guns did absolutely nothing.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/three-sheriff-s-deputies-remained-outside-school-during-parkland-shooting-n850946

What adds more to it all is this:

While the reason they remained outside is currently unclear, experts say it's highly unusual for a police officer to stay on the sidelines of an active shooting scene and not try to neutralize the threat.

On 2/22/2018 at 11:31 PM, Lancaster said:

If you're not willing to put your life on the line, you're not fit to be a cop.  Not saying they all should have a death wish, but you join because you want to protect something greater than yourself.  

As for arming teachers and stuff.... we'll never know if it would have made any difference in this situation.  A couple of things we probably do know.... the people that had guns didn't do their job.... the staff that sacrificed their lives probably wished they had guns.  

Best compromise.... schools should allow staff to have gun if they feel it's needed.  Have it paid out of pocket and have extensive mandatory training, reviewed every few years, then have the status and number of armed staff a secret.  If a situation arises where a gun is needed, maybe someone will have one.  If it's never needed, even better.  It doesn't have to be an all or none situation.  

This is a reasonable compromise. The only caveat is how effective the training may or may not be.

There was a story that came out after one of the previous mass shootings about an armed security officer at a school leaving a loaded gun in the washroom, where it was found by a student. I don't think I need to spell out how that could have ended badly.

Long story short: There is not 100% solution. Therefore, (IMHO) common sense regulation like the banning of certain types of weaponry, limiting the capacity of ammunition clips, increased emphasis on background checks, (especially for those shown to have a history of violent behavior) minimum age for the legal purchase of weapons, (you shouldn't be able to buy a gun before you can buy a drink) and mandatory training along the lines of the PAL certification, would be a good start.

On 2/23/2018 at 6:35 PM, CBH1926 said:

What do you propose for people that live in high crime areas and need guns for protection?

I disagree that people "need guns for protection". It has been demonstrated time and again, that a weapon in the home is more likely to be used against a member of the household, than an intruder.

Use the money spent on the gun for an effective home security system instead.

On 2/23/2018 at 9:29 PM, SabreFan1 said:

You're preaching to the choir.  Like I've said here for years on CDC, I'm for the second amendment.  I just think there needs to be tweaks to the law like keeping the mentally ill away from owning guns.  I don't want semi-automatics banned but I do think that it's coming sooner or later.

Just out of curiosity Sabre, why do you care if semi-automatics are banned?

On 2/24/2018 at 12:12 AM, Lancaster said:

Perhaps they want the attention.  

Most mass shooters ends up dead, either by self-afflicted gun shot, taken out by the police, or ending up in prison/executed.  Either way, it's pretty much a suicide.... they're not going to get away scot-free.  Some people probably wants to go out with a splash or to get some weird satisfaction of getting even. 

Where better than to attack a gun-free zone.  There's a reason they don't try to shoot up a police station or a military base.  

Good point. I think more germane than "gun free zones", (which are most places, even in the US) is the places where they feel they were wronged somehow. It's why people who were fired go back and kill co-workers, bullied students kill other students and divorced, or separated men kill their ex spouses and/or their kids.

There are outliers like Las Vegas, but generally, the scene of the crime has some significance to the shooter.

47 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Just out of curiosity Sabre, why do you care if semi-automatics are banned?

A couple of reasons, but mainly because once they are banned, the next step for the "gun control" people would be to get regular handguns banned.  Many, and I'm willing to bet most, in the "gun control" crowd, won't be satisfied until all guns are banned.  Their best bet to get that done is piece by piece.

After the 1994-2004 assault rifle ban in the USA ended they did studies that showed that the ban on those semi-automatics didn't slow down gun murders.

Archived