The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Jake does not lack hockey sense, he lacks vision, simply because he has not yet learned to consistently keep his head up and look around.  Watch what happens when he does -- he holds onto the puck instead of throwing it away, and makes excellent passes and plays.

And IMHAO Jake sees the ice better from left wing.  

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

A contending team that has a good young Dman deserving of more ice time, who wants to be traded because a bunch of vets with NTC'S are clogging up the roster.

Or a team that wants forward depth takes Baer and Granny.

It's not absurd, it's not like I'm suggesting Baer, Hutton, Granny for Karlsson. 

Just an upgrade. 

I really don't see it.  They lessen their roster for two spots and likely at a higher cap hit.  

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

But that is at this moment in time.  The Sharks are ebbing whereas the Canucks are bottoming and will start coming back up.  What would he rather be a part of -- perhaps a couple of playoff appearances accompanied by a fall-off of who knows how long or far, or a team about to begin its ascendancy with a youthful new roster?

I found his comments about conforming and how things are looser with the Sharks interesting.  It sounded like in the past he had trouble fitting in while in San Jose he might have a found a place where he feels comfortable. 

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Why you still sitting?  Must be a club-seater ;)

Nope....I am standing and cheering lol  I'm just short  ( I am to the left of the man in the dark plain jacket standing with his hands in his pockets....I can see my jersey and red hair and I am clapping and my friend is standing to my left with blonde hair).   The row behind us....the guy with the white t-shirt and his friend were sloshed on Mike's hard lemonade and they were the ones that got the wave going.....it went on for ages....

3 hours ago, riffraff said:

This is the thing.  I'm actually 90% ok with it.  Not every player can or should be a 200' robot.  If every player was meant to play d and have superior fancy stats then they would be drafted for showing those skills.

goldy and players like him were drafted for their obvious talents- abilities  that the majority don't possess.  Goldy has raw ability.  This is a guy that should play on a line with good players - maybe one defence first line mate.

based on this year id rather see him than gagner, lui, Baer, Granlund, dowd.

Agree with this...  

So maybe playing him on a line with Eriksson would be a good idea?

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

I'm on the fence about the Sedins.  I really don't think they're the source of this teams troubles.  

I would start with the defense.  Then goal tending.  Then another scoring winger.

The argument for me is whether the Sedins are blocking players who really deserve to be playing.  To this point, this has not been an issue and it's debatable whether it will be next year either.

If Benning drafts a top LW, which is likely, things might change.

Do you not think that 2line LW is earmarked for Pettersson?

Edit... Saw your later post where you think we may draft a 2LW....

2 hours ago, thrago said:

Honestly I don't get the Edler hate. Only Canuck fans see him as a bad player. Imagine if we didn't have him how bad our defense would be.

Well maybe because when we don't have him in the lineup we have a winning record... He is a bad player he isn't the same player he once was, he gets the workload because our D sucks so he's relied on more but that doesn't mean he's good lol.

Record with Edler 18W - 42L 

Record without Edler 7W - 5L

Will also add when Edler missed those 12 games Tanev was in the lineup and we were 7-5, when Edler returned Tanev was out and those first 12 games we were 5-7, still did better without Edler with a healthy forward lineup.

On 2018-03-18 at 4:23 AM, Canuck Surfer said:

Dowd and Boucher. Boucher was particularly invisible.

That's which the coach shut down in terms of playing time with 6 & 1/2 & 7 minutes.. A clear signal!

Pouliot made a mistake for a goal & got a penalty which caused anotherl. But competed hard & started the Goldobin PP goal. Some good, some bad!

Motte?  Not sure I can argue...

Boucher is the one who went around the net and made a slick pass to Pouliot on the Goldobin goal by the way. I agree though, on most nights Dowd and Boucher look too invisible.

It's a shame though because I think Boucher has serious potential - he scored a LOT of goals in the OHL but needs to work hard every shift to earn it. I wonder if a move to center would help him stay more engaged? Id love to see him and Goldy playing together regularly, they were on the same junior team for awhile and seem to kike each other. 

For next year, in my dream world, the forwards would be something like:

Horvat, Boeser, Leipsic, sedins, petersson, Virtanen, gaudette, Boucher, Goldobin, Archibald, Sutter and then whoever of Baer, Granlund, Gagner, Eriksson you cant get rid of. Would Love to see Gadjovich and Lind pushing for spots sooner than later too. I know its just a dream. We're stuck with Gagner and Loui for some sad reason. 

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Jake does not lack hockey sense, he lacks vision, simply because he has not yet learned to consistently keep his head up and look around.  Watch what happens when he does -- he holds onto the puck instead of throwing it away, and makes excellent passes and plays.

16 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Boucher is the one who went around the net and made a slick pass to Pouliot on the Goldobin goal by the way. I agree though, on most nights Dowd and Boucher look too invisible.

It's a shame though because I think Boucher has serious potential - he scored a LOT of goals in the OHL but needs to work hard every shift to earn it. I wonder if a move to center would help him stay more engaged? Id love to see him and Goldy playing together regularly, they were on the same junior team for awhile and seem to kike each other. 

For next year, in my dream world, the forwards would be something like:

Horvat, Boeser, Leipsic, sedins, petersson, gaudette, Boucher, Goldobin, Archibald, Sutter and then whoever of Baer, Granlund, Gagner, Eriksson you cant get rid of. Would Love to see Gadjovich and Lind pushing for spots sooner than later too. I know its just a dream. We're stuck with Gagner and Loui for some sad reason. 

I agree he has talent its just not consistently used enough to keep him on the big club. I like his shot and i think he sees the play well but often he is really invisible. He can still be a great depth guy. In Utica and then a call up. If he improves fine but right now he is an AHL player in my mind. He could change my opinion of him though

28 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Well maybe because when we don't have him in the lineup we have a winning record... He is a bad player he isn't the same player he once was, he gets the workload because our D sucks so he's relied on more but that doesn't mean he's good lol.

Record with Edler 18W - 42L 

Record without Edler 7W - 5L

Or maybe this a something to do with the rest of the line up...

17 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Or maybe this a something to do with the rest of the line up...

Unfortunately the lineup right now is so depleted with injuries we have to roll with what we got which isn't much anyways, but there has been guys who should of been a healthy scratchs more this season and weren't.

14 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

Horvat really seems demoralized. 

I really hope we get Dahlin.  It really speeds up this rebuild.  any of the other top guys in the draft are nice and all,  but Dahlin legit catapults us ahead of schedule 2 or 3 years.

Yes you are correct with Horvat, I noticed it big time in the 2nd period, one of the shifts he was in the offensive zone hoping for an opportunity but the puck got taken away and sent back into our end but you could just see it in Horvats reaction he was frustrated and literally froze for a few seconds to take it in, not good.

4 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yes you are correct with Horvat, I noticed it big time in the 2nd period, one of the shifts he was in the offensive zone hoping for an opportunity but the puck got taken away and sent back into our end but you could just see it in Horvats reaction he was frustrated and literally froze for a few seconds to take it in, not good.

I think in a season like this these things are going to happen.  He is frustrated and its not just this game. He wants to win and that's what I like about Bo. I am looking to next year hoping the Injury bug goes away for a while, and they can inject some young players for a spark. Who we plug in depends on whose ready, whether Hank and Danny sail off into the sunset and maybe who we draft as well. The fans are frustrated, the team is frustrated, I am sure  ownership and management are frustrated as well.

This is how a rebuild goes, we have to be patient its not a one year process.

9 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

For sure. But that's what I love about Bo. Why he should be the next cap. He cares. A lot.

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

For sure. But that's what I love about Bo. Why he should be the next cap. He cares. A lot.

I think he will be the next Captain.  I also think next year will be better, we might still finish in the lottery but we will be better than this sad year.

11 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

I think in a season like this these things are going to happen.  He is frustrated and its not just this game. He wants to win and that's what I like about Bo. I am looking to next year hoping the Injury bug goes away for a while, and they can inject some young players for a spark. Who we plug in depends on whose ready, whether Hank and Danny sail off into the sunset and maybe who we draft as well. The fans are frustrated, the team is frustrated, I am sure  ownership and management are frustrated as well.

This is how a rebuild goes, we have to be patient its not a one year process.

Agree very frustrating season and last 3 years and who knows how many more though, that's the scariest part, yes we can hope and believe but until that product actually performs really hard to say.

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

Yes Bo definitely wants to win and has the right mindset to compete to want to be better. I've said this earlier in the season but I really would like to see Bo with the C next year this is his team and for the future, and that's even if Henrik is here next year, Bo deserves it next year no doubt.

Archived