Arizona Coyotes - 11

Ottawa Senators - 11

Buffalo Sabers - 9

Edmonton Oilers - 9

Montreal Canadiens - 6

Detroit Red Wings - 6

Vancouver Canucks - 4

7 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Edler, better meds, less pain. I noticed that the Sedins suddenly gained a step and then Hank dropped off now Edler seems to have lost 10 years as well, vitamins?

Goldy goes, Sven has problems and they would improve the trade also too much money. Goldy has more upside, he can carry the play and control the puck better than Sven. Both are a little small but Goldy looks more like a late bloomer, like he is physically maturing later, he still looks like a very young teenager. 

I honestly don't know how someone whom watches games can say this.

3 minutes ago, krizzel said:

As a comparison how well we are tanking, Games won since 1st Feb:

--------------------------------

Arizona Coyotes - 11

Ottawa Senators - 11

Buffalo Sabers - 9

Edmonton Oilers - 9

Montreal Canadiens - 6

Detroit Red Wings - 6

Vancouver Canucks - 4

More evidence we've learned how to apply Lip - stick(name changed auto, lol) on a porker(literally & fig)

39 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

It was like 10 mins and would of broke it

A shame they didn't break it.  Imagine setting a futility record only 6 months away from a team that will probably be more than capable of scoring.  Assuming Pettersson and Gaudette (and Lind) are as good as advertised. And Boeser is back in the lineup... forgot about that part.  Lol.

1 minute ago, gameburn said:

A shame they didn't break it.  Imagine setting a futility record only 6 months away from a team that will probably be more than capable of scoring.  Assuming Pettersson and Gaudette (and Lind) are as good as advertised. And Boeser is back in the lineup... forgot about that part.  Lol.

yeah i was kind of hoping for it too, at least we would have achieved SOMETHING for the history books this season..

33 minutes ago, Wise Owl said:

I'm not sure what you're watching but I would bet there are no players on the team that would agree with you.

Like most you're making something seemingly significant out of very little imo.  

First. He is in his first year of anything close to a season in the NHL.  On this team.  Let that sink in.

If you watch each player, as you, obviously do, you will notice there really isnt any one Canuck you can single out as consistent this year......not since 6....

He played well last night and has most nights.  These games mean nothing other than what opportunities are presented to players like goldobin; really any player in a similar position career wise.  And I present that he has brought solid effort to most games most shifts - improving each game.  You can't say that many Canucks are trending upward right now.  Sure, the effort is there and this team is gutting it out collectively.

He broke the scoring drought,

I don't know what you are watching but I bet you no players on that team would agree with you.

Compared with recent games, last night is the best game.

Goldy is great.

Virt is great.

Bo is great.

Leipsic is great.

Marky is not too bad.

Sedins played hard, but sorry I cannot describe them are good.

The D-Group is so so.

6 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

I'm hearing that there are 3 groups at the top of the draft.  

1. Dahlin on his own
  2. the 3 forwards: Svechnikov, Zadina, Tkachuk
  3. a group of D

This grouping obviously depends on who you're talking to but if they end up 2-4 and can't trade down (which they may not be able to do), Benning would likely take the BPA.  Only if they are 1 or 5 would they take D (which is what I want fwiw)

I don't know how well connected you are?

I do know you have some of the most educated & researched posts.  

I've seen more and more ranking s where Boqvist pops in front of Tkachuk.

6 hours ago, mll said:

Twice as many in their draft+5 (2013) - 6 Ds out of the 60 drafted outside of the 1st round have played more than 40 games this season.  Two of the 6 play more than 18min per game.

It's the Fs numbers that surprised me more.  From the 2014 draft (draft+4) only 7 Fs out of 100 drafted outside of the 1st round have played more than 40 games this season. 

From 2012 (draft+6) to 2017 (draft+1) there were 581 Fs drafted outside of the 1st round.  Only 45 have played more than 40 games this season and only 15 out of 581 have produced more than 0.5 pts/gp.  Yet so many proposals to get rid of players in their mid-20s who can produce at a better rate to get draft picks and make room.  By the time late round picks become contributing players, if they ever do, guys like Horvat will be UFAs.

It also illustrates where a 2knd for Baertschi was in fact very good value. 

Plus one again for your post!

12 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Hasn't he been playing right wing in Sweden this year?  I know he's a left shot.

I think there's a fair chance that they shelter him on the wing if he plays in the NHL next year.  Long term plans are as a centre though

Doh....my mistake... sorry bud.

But yes I believe he'll be starting on the wing until he gets a feel for it all. 

th-1.jpeg

7 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I don't know how well connected you are?

I do know you have some of the most educated & researched posts.  

I've seen more and more ranking s where Boqvist pops in front of Tkachuk.

"I'm hearing" is code for I don't remember the source. :P  It was from a so called expert interviewed on the radio.  The rankings always change as the season wraps up and at the combine when players are interviewed etc.

I'm really putting this out there because other people read or listen to other sources and I'm wondering how fixed the rankings are.

I've see Tkachuk as high as #2.  There are a lot of opinions out there

29 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

"I'm hearing" is code for I don't remember the source. :P  It was from a so called expert interviewed on the radio.  The rankings always change as the season wraps up and at the combine when players are interviewed etc.

I'm really putting this out there because other people read or listen to other sources and I'm wondering how fixed the rankings are.

I've see Tkachuk as high as #2.  There are a lot of opinions out there

I've seen Tkachuk much lower too. He seems to be the wild card of the rankings this year primarily because of his size.  He strikes me as a Nolan Patrick, high pick that can slot right in but questionable upside for such an early pick.

Archived