The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Oilers may consider trading first round pick

It's actually really simple.  You offer them Granlund or Baertschi or Hutton and a 4th and tell them you'll take Lucic and their 1st.

Then in 1-2 years when the inevitable lockout or semi lockout happens you use the new round of compliance buyouts to shuffle Lucic off to free agency

That $6 million right now for the Oilers would be mighty mighty sweet.  I mean how horrible is it to have

$12.5 million in cap in McDavid (ok)

$8.5 million in cap in Draisatl (ok)

but then

$6 Million in cap in Lucic....and 34 total points to show for it playing with frigging McJesus until 2023

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

EDM would want what we don't have (yet) - a #1D

I'm expecting EDM and OTT to strike a major deal:

to OTT: 1st (2018), Strome, Sekera

to EDM: Karlsson

Interesting..but I think Strome would need to be Poolparty

edit: but there's 21 million!!! on the two C's. How could they sign EK?

5 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Well, that's three great players (McD, Drai and Karlsson). I would assume they would be very good in OT lol The rest of the time they would go to various community centres across NA looking for beer league players to sign one day contracts lol .

Okay, EDM would need to shed salary. Hello Lucic! Maybe he becomes part of the deal, if EDM can convince OTT. Unfortunately I think Chia does, as Dorion doesn't seem to know what the heck he's doing. Thanks for Dahlen BTW :)

to OTT: 1st (2018), Lucic, Puljujarvi

11 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Edmonton needs a cap dump and they need it bad. Probably trade the first with one of lucic or sekera for  lower value asset

Just now, Rush17 said:

Didn't Calgary say they wanted a pick.  Could we seriously see a Bennett + d

for oiler pick swap?? To me Edmonton nerds defenders more. Edmonton move pick for hamonic? Lol no that would be to funny.

Calgary and Edmonton helping each other??? Fan bases would be irrate, but it’s too good of a fit for them not to become trading partners. Brodie for 1st round pick and sekera? 

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

Didn't Calgary say they wanted a pick.  Could we seriously see a Bennett + d

for oiler pick swap?? To me Edmonton nerds defenders more. Edmonton move pick for hamonic? Lol no that would be to funny.

Oilers would have more interest in Hamilton not hamonic. They are looking for offense from the point. 

Just now, Canadian Clay said:

Calgary and Edmonton helping each other??? Fan bases would be irrate, but it’s too good of a fit for them not to become trading partners. Brodie for 1st round pick and sekera? 

Hey. Times are a changing. Would only strengthen the rivalry.  Cherili may be game after all his head is on the line lol. Calgary made 2 deals with us. 3 if you include the Linden Vey deal. Or did he sign as a free agent I can't even remember.

1 minute ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Oilers would have more interest in Hamilton not hamonic. They are looking for offense from the point. 

Would Calgary entertain that? It would need to be a deal that addresses needs on both sides.

3 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Hey. Times are a changing. Would only strengthen the rivalry.  Cherili may be game after all his head is on the line lol. Calgary made 2 deals with us. 3 if you include the Linden Vey deal. Or did he sign as a free agent I can't even remember.

The Canucks never traded Linden Vey to the Flames. He was signed as an unrestricted free agent.

Edmonton would want a good puckmoving or offensive d-man.. I could see them putting a  package up for Barrie in Colorado... Canucks don't have any player close to that regard.

Maybe if Edmonton was desperate they'd do Hutton for their 2nd though... Maybe add a small capdump coming back.

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

Would Calgary entertain that? It would need to be a deal that addresses needs on both sides.

I think so. At least entertain it. Brodie has proven chemistry with Gio as the top pairing. Andersson looks to be an NHL regular. Maybe the also take back Russell. 

Gio brodie

Russell stone

kulak andsrsson

valimaki Fox 

it would also put flames in the perfect spot to land Brady Tkachuk....which as a canuck fan I wouldn’t want to see happen. 

Archived