The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Winnipeg fans blocked from buying tickets to NHL playoff games in Nashville

VanGnome

Winnipeg fans blocked from buying tickets to NHL playoff games in Nashville

If you were thinking about getting tickets and making the trip south to watch the Jets take on the Predators in round two of the NHL playoffs, think again.

READ MORE: ‘It’s the same mindset’: Winnipeg Jets ready for round 2 matchup with Nashville

The Nashville club is limiting who is able to buy tickets on ticketmaster.

Their site has the following message posted:

RESTRICTED SALES AREA

To better serve Nashville Predators fans, a restricted sales area has been implemented for this Nashville Predators game at the Bridgestone Arena. Sales will be restricted to residents of the Nashville Predators television viewing area – Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia. Residency will be based on credit card billing address. Orders by residents outside the viewing area will be canceled without notice and refunds given.

Restricted ticket sales is nothing new.

Nashville blocked sales to Pittsburgh during the 2017 Stanley Cup final and the same practice was used when Tampa Bay was in the playoffs in 2015.

READ MORE: Winnipeg Jets not fans of ticket re-sellers like StubHub

Rob Wozny of True North Sports + Entertainment said they too will give preferential treatment to fans for ticket sales to games at Bell MTS Place.

“We have taken measures to restrict individual tickets sales to our broadcast area by offering a pre-sale opportunity to Winnipeg Jets Mail Subscribers,” he said in an email.

“Anyone can sign up for Jets Mail for free here. Furthermore, we have been and will continue to implement mobile entry for individual tickets purchased on Ticketmaster for games at Bell MTS Place.”

Wozny said these measures should help ensure local tickets are purchased by local fans.

Which means Whiteout conditions can indeed be expected for the Winnipeg arena.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4161711/winnipeg-fans-blocked-from-buying-tickets-to-nhl-playoff-games-in-nashville/?utm_source=GlobalWinnipeg&utm_medium=Facebook

That's the way to go. That's how you end up with crowds like Toronto, Boston, Montreal and Chicago.

Vancouver would be well served to do the same thing next time they get close to the Cup. It makes for the right, winning energy.

it does suck, but like come on. A home game should be filled with people from home for playoff games. It also takes away a chance for someone at the "home" game to get tickets instead of getting it swiped from a fan of the opposite team hundreds of miles away.

Winnipeg's already doing the same thing, I like these kinds of dueling home crowds, it adds a certain je ne sais quoi to a series. That being said, man the MTS center is going to be bumpin' got a feeling this is going to go 7 and be a really heavy series. Winnipeg is particularly built for that kind of game, so I'm putting my money behind Winnipeg to take it in 7.

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

That's the way to go. That's how you end up with crowds like Toronto, Boston, Montreal and Chicago.

Vancouver would be well served to do the same thing next time they get close to the Cup. It makes for the right, winning energy.

LOL like that would ever happen in this city that's built on greed.

Just now, Nucksfollower1983 said:

LOL like that would ever happen in this city that's built on greed.

Greed has nothing to do with that. Charge what you will charge for tickets. It's the playoffs. They will come. 

But if a third of the crowd is cheering for the opposite team, the home team has no chance.

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

Greed has nothing to do with that. Charge what you will charge for tickets. It's the playoffs. They will come. 

But if a third of the crowd is cheering for the opposite team, the home team has no chance.

yep that's why no team has ever won an away game. that's why Vancouver has never once beaten Toronto or Montreal in Vancouver. Not once it has never happened, thanks for that revelation.

Also why don't you ask Ottawa if they will come because "its playoffs"

10 hours ago, luckylager said:

Just go tit for tat. Pretty simple really 

I'd do it

problem is we have too many closet original 6 fans who live in Vancouver, the area code thing would never work here 

13 hours ago, VanGnome said:

Winnipeg's already doing the same thing, I like these kinds of dueling home crowds, it adds a certain je ne sais quoi to a series. That being said, man the MTS center is going to be bumpin' got a feeling this is going to go 7 and be a really heavy series. Winnipeg is particularly built for that kind of game, so I'm putting my money behind Winnipeg to take it in 7.

Byfuglien.

nuffsaid.

I don't disagree with this practice, but it always makes me worry about if Vancouver squared off against SJ in playoffs. I'd be barred from buying tix to see the team in Van. I'd definitely watch them play down here, but I'd be gutted if i missed the opportunity to see them at home too.

On 4/23/2018 at 9:30 PM, Me_ said:

Dont know if it would work in Vancouver. A large portion of the building when it was full was made up of people that where there because it was the place to be not because they had any interest or knowledge in/of hockey (half the people in the lower bowl on their phones for most of the game or taking selfies etc). Dont think you would see the same type of crowd atmosphere as in the places you mentioned. 

Archived