The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Madden | C

Tomato Pajamas

28 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

Toffoli is a player. Schaller needed to go.  But a second and Madden?  This is a trade I would pass on.  

Especially it this point in Toffoli’s career. He’s been around a long time, he’s 27..... gosh it’s hard to think of that as old, but in hockey, now days, that is getting up there

2 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Dude doesnt want to lose his job

You mean the guy who literally just signed a contract extension through an owner that just applauded him for this trade and his moves recently via twitter?

Ya.  Totally just having his butt

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

It was only a 3 year extension. He wants to get an extension after that too bro 

Feb 16th 2017:  Canucks 25-27-6 for 56 points

Feb 16th 2018:  Canucks 21-25-6 for 48 points

Feb 16th 2019:  Canucks 26-26-7 for 59 points

Feb 17th 2020:  Canucks 32-22-5 for 68 points

Now, I know people can say how bad this trade is or suggest he is/was trying to save his arse and his job.  But he just signed an extension after creating arguably the deepest prospect pool this team has ever seen and a 9 point improvement on last year and double digit improvements in the 2 years prior.

If anyone's job is at risk it is and should be Travis Greene's

• Like 1

This trade is going to judge Benning’s job because if Taffoli flames out and that 2nd rounder turns into a decent player and Madden is going to turn out to be better then Gaudette and that conditional 4th rounder shows you how much over the barrel LA had Benning because now the Canucks amateur scounting department don’t have to show up until the 3rd round. This is suppose to be the deepest draft since the early 2000’s. If the Canucks don’t get out of the first round after this trade the season and the trade was a whiff.

1 hour ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

This trade is going to judge Benning’s job because if Taffoli flames out and that 2nd rounder turns into a decent player and Madden is going to turn out to be better then Gaudette and that conditional 4th rounder shows you how much over the barrel LA had Benning because now the Canucks amateur scounting department don’t have to show up until the 3rd round. This is suppose to be the deepest draft since the early 2000’s. If the Canucks don’t get out of the first round after this trade the season and the trade was a whiff.

There a lot of 'if' in that sentence. Relax.

2 minutes ago, Winter Soldier said:

There a lot of 'if' in that sentence. Relax.

Dude there’s always a lot of if’s in a trade specially when prospects are included and by the way you are saying “relax” I doubt you have been a Canucks fan as long as I have been with the blue chip prospects the Canucks have traded away that became difference makers. 

1 minute ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

It’s only useless to you because you know I’m right, you probably never were a fan during the 80’s or 90’s horrible teams

You're free to think what you like but it's a sad way to live when your first instinct is to question the authenticity of another because their point of view is not your own.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Winter Soldier said:

You're free to think what you like but it's a sad way to live when your first instinct is to question the authenticity of another because their point of view is not your own.

that is where you are wrong, I’m not saying that because we disagree on what will happen, but that you don’t grasp the past blunders on Canuck Management trading Blue chip prospects. Like you said you are allowed to think what you want. 

48 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

that is where you are wrong, I’m not saying that because we disagree on what will happen, but that you don’t grasp the past blunders on Canuck Management trading Blue chip prospects. Like you said you are allowed to think what you want. 

Even though there is a long tradition of letting blue chip prospects go in Vancouver, this management team is leaps and bounds higher than what has existed so far, especially in drafting, which is where value is created.