The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Top Ten prospects (Updated for 2018-2019)

51 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

Although the OP doesn't specify, I'm assuming that his list is "ceiling" driven. If the list was next in line to play for the Canucks, I would hope that Ashton Sautner and Evan McEneny would get a bit of respect.

That's an interesting take. Who's next to play for the Canucks? (I don't consider Goldobin or Leipsic to be prospects, as they're 22 and 24, and have played portions of NHL seasons)

1. Pettersson

2. Juolevi

3. Gaudette

4. Demko

5. Sautner

6. McEneny

7. Dahlen

8. Lind

9. Palmu

10. Jasek

21 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

That's an interesting take. Who's next to play for the Canucks? (I don't consider Goldobin or Leipsic to be prospects, as they're 22 and 24, and have played portions of NHL seasons)

1. Pettersson

2. Juolevi

3. Gaudette

4. Demko

5. Sautner

6. McEneny

7. Dahlen

8. Lind

9. Palmu

10. Jasek

Interesting?

It used to be how prospects were ranked when the good old depth chart was all that we had before the internet exploded with that aspect. 

Like a relic, especially here, it’s still how I view and rank prospects. 

I think we may look back on this prospect pool and realize just how special it is...

We have at least 10 guys that will make the NHL and another 10 with a real good shot at making it...

That has for sure never happened to us before ...and i doubt any team has had that many sure bets.

Sure something may happen to a couple of them but there will also be the surprise's from the bottom half of those 20 player's..

10 new guys within 1.1 years time ...and half of them absolute difference maker's!!!!

This is going to be fun...!

44 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Thank you moderator's....for closing the Tryamkin topic...!

Right after i requested it...WOW!

my last quote from the thread;

'250 pages of Trolls and Goblins....

This thread should be locked ...with all the trolls locked up with it...!

This thread is putrid....'

Maybe we need another Tryamkin thread in the off-topic forum where people can talk about Desjardins, pot smoke, and Nik’s wife? And then reopen the existing prospects forum thread for discussions on Tryamkin’s actual play and development?

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

1. Pettersson

2. Juolevi

3. Gaudette

4. Demko

5. Sautner

6. McEneny

7. Dahlen

8. Lind

9. Palmu

10. Jasek

I went through your list 3 times, nope, I didn't see Hughes on it! I think he gets a shot at the end of the college season.

4 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Would love to trade for Callan Foote.  Tanev for Foote straight up?  He could be Seabrook to Hughes’s Kieth.  OJ and Woo on the other pairing and Trymakin and Stecher or Guddy for the last one. That is a playoff defence for the next decade. 

All in for Hughes this draft. Great story and will give he NHL what it loves, media. 

Ya Foote would be awesome! Another guy might be Jokiharju as Chicago wants to compete next year

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Maybe we need another Tryamkin thread in the off-topic forum where people can talk about Desjardins, pot smoke, and Nik’s wife? And then reopen the existing prospects forum thread for discussions on Tryamkin’s actual play and development?

Great idea Sid! lol! but they would immediately jump ship to the new Tryamkin thread and continue on with their lovers spat.

4 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

1. Pettersson

2. Juolevi

3. Gaudette

4. Demko

5. Sautner

6. McEneny

7. Dahlen

8. Lind

9. Palmu

10. Jasek

I agree with most of your list but would have put Jasek ahead of both Lind and Palmu. Not that I don't like them as prospects but think Jasek is more NHL ready right now

On 6/23/2018 at 1:18 PM, 48MPHSlapShot said:

So, as of this moment on June 23rd, 2018, how does our top ten look right now?

I'd say it's something along the lines of...

1) Elias Pettersson

2) Quinn Hughes

3) Thatcher Demko

4) Jonathan Dahlen

5) Adam Gaudette

6) Olli Juolevi

7) Kole Lind

8) Jett Woo

9) Lukas Jasek

10) Michael Dipietro (Maybe Brisebois, Gadjovich or Lockwood in this spot. Still undecided)

That's pretty damn solid if you ask me. Game breakers at every position.

What are your guy's picks?

1) Thatcher Demko - he's our top prospect, he is the most proven on the pro scene.
2) Elias Petterson - The kid bleeds elite talent and is seemingly humble
3) Olli Juolevi/Quinn Hughes - Hughes has a huge edge on offensiveness, but I think Juolevi will be the better 2-way D-man and is essentially NHL ready
5) Johnathan Dahlen - He doesn't get talked about much, but this kid could be another Filip Forsberg
6) Adam Gaudette - Showed that he can skate in NHL, and play, but I think a year or 2 in the AHL would do him wonders.
7) Lukas Jasek 
8) Kole Lind 
9) William Lockwood
10) Jake Rathbone

HM- Dipietro, Gadjovich, MacEwen, Palmu

It goes, Reggie, Jay-Z, Tupac and Biggie 
Andre from Outkast, Jada, Kurupt, Nas and then me 

-----

1) Pettersson - dudes going to step in and put up 60 point seasons no problem

2) Demko - clear chance at being a starter next year

3/ 4) Hughes and Joulevi - both ready for the game soon

5/6) Gaudette - showed promise and can make the leap / Dahlen - has the potential to make it, especially if he has chemistry with Pettersson

7) DiPietro- Goalie of the year - could make it to the big league next season

8) Lind

1 hour ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

1) Thatcher Demko - he's our top prospect, he is the most proven on the pro scene.
2) Elias Petterson - The kid bleeds elite talent and is seemingly humble
3) Olli Juolevi/Quinn Hughes - Hughes has a huge edge on offensiveness, but I think Juolevi will be the better 2-way D-man and is essentially NHL ready
5) Johnathan Dahlen - He doesn't get talked about much, but this kid could be another Filip Forsberg
6) Adam Gaudette - Showed that he can skate in NHL, and play, but I think a year or 2 in the AHL would do him wonders.
7) Lukas Jasek 
8) Kole Lind 
9) William Lockwood
10) Jake Rathbone

HM- Dipietro, Gadjovich, MacEwen, Palmu

I wouldn't say Demko is the most proven in the pro scene. Pettersson just dominated a pro league in the SHL which is arguably the same level as the AHL. (Lias Andersson posted the same PPG in both leagues)

On 2018-07-22 at 3:26 PM, Canucks Curse said:

1. Pettersson

2. Hughes 

3. Demko

4. Juolevi

5. Dahlen

6. Gaudette

7. Lind

8. Gadjovich

9. Dipietro

10. Woo

11. Jasek

12.Maceneny

13. Brisebois

14. Palmu

15. Chattefield

16. Saunter

17. Rathbone 

18. Lockwood

19.Madden

20. Utinen 

21.Gunnarsson

22.Thiessen

23.Manukyan

24. Brassard

25. Zhukenov

plus we will likely draft high in 2019 and if we are dead in the water by TDL, a few of Sutter, Gagner, Tanev, MDZ could be moved for picks.

U-25 NHLers

Horvat

Boesser

Virtanen

Stetcher

Goldobin

Leipsic

Gaunce

? Tryamkin 

not bad

need that generational talent 

please god 3 things I want 

1. Healthy family

2. Job success

3. 2019 first overall pick at our home town draft

Funny thing is .... even if we remove the top ten from our canucks prospect lists;

I still think that pool is the deepest and most talented it has ever been in Vancouver!

6 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

It goes, Reggie, Jay-Z, Tupac and Biggie 
Andre from Outkast, Jada, Kurupt, Nas and then me 

-----

1) Pettersson - dudes going to step in and put up 60 point seasons no problem

2) Demko - clear chance at being a starter next year

3/ 4) Hughes and Joulevi - both ready for the game soon

5/6) Gaudette - showed promise and can make the leap / Dahlen - has the potential to make it, especially if he has chemistry with Pettersson

7) DiPietro- Goalie of the year - could make it to the big league next season

8) Lind

Shout out for those lyrics.

15 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Ya Foote would be awesome! Another guy might be Jokiharju as Chicago wants to compete next year

Even the second Rasmus from this year... Sandin looks to be a very smart d man. 

Him and a second from TO for Tanev?   I already have him ahead of Liljegren in TO’s depth pool. 

Foote has been on my want list since his draft year. 

There are are lots of potential targets.  

Jokiharju is another. 

With hughes and Woo, maybe JB targets a forward. 

21 hours ago, Mr.hockey604 said:

Funny thing is .... even if we remove the top ten from our canucks prospect lists;

I still think that pool is the deepest and most talented it has ever been in Vancouver!

1-20 on that list have a legit shot at the nhl at least for a game or two -btw, with his summer showcase, I’d move utenin up quite a bit.

• 5 months later...

Thought Id bump this now that we are nearing the trade deadline and the last couple months of hockey for many prospects. I think we can all happily say that Pettersson has graduated since most of us made their last rankings. So how do you rank your 2019 Canucks prospects?

1 Hughes 

2 Demko

3 Gaudette

4 Woo

5 Juolevi

6 Dahlen

7 MacEwen

8 Lind

9 Dipietro

10 Madden

11 Rathbone

12 Gadjovich

13 Jasek

14 Chatfield

15 Lockwood

Honourable mentions: Tryamkin, Brassard, Utunen, Palmu, Brisebois, Eliot

And just for fun I thought Id do a Canucks roster 25 and under list. Most important players list.

Pettersson

Horvat

Boeser

Demko

Virtanen

Stecher

Hutton

Leivo

Goldy

Motte

Granlund

Pouliot

1 minute ago, RetroCanuck said:

Thought Id bump this now that we are nearing the trade deadline and the last couple months of hockey for many prospects. I think we can all happily say that Pettersson has graduated since most of us made their last rankings. So how do you rank your 2019 Canucks prospects?

1 Hughes 

2 Demko

3 Gaudette

4 Woo

5 Juolevi

6 Dahlen

7 MacEwen

8 Lind

9 Dipietro

10 Madden

11 Rathbone

12 Gadjovich

13 Jasek

14 Chatfield

15 Lockwood

Honourable mentions: Tryamkin, Brassard, Utunen, Palmu, Brisebois, Eliot

And just for fun I thought Id do a Canucks roster 25 and under list. Most important players list.

Pettersson

Horvat

Boeser

Demko

Virtanen

Stecher

Hutton

Leivo

Goldy

Motte

Granlund

Pouliot