The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bobrovsky Suspended by Blue Jackets

HerrDrFunk

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I remember Torts saying, when he was here, that conflict can be a way to make a player better, and shouldn't be looked upon as a bad thing.  This sounds pretty negative to me!  

Screw Torts!!!  Way to go goalie Bob!!!  :towel:

Torts says things like this to try and justify not changing from being an out of control egomaniac. 

45 minutes ago, smokes said:

What is it with Torts and running the goalies out of town? 

51 minutes ago, Fateless said:

Understandable with Torts as your coach.

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

Torts says things like this to try and justify not changing from being an out of control egomaniac. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I remember Torts saying, when he was here, that conflict can be a way to make a player better, and shouldn't be looked upon as a bad thing.  This sounds pretty negative to me!  

Screw Torts!!!  Way to go goalie Bob!!!  :towel:

Figured y'all would start pointing fingers at Torts with next to nothing to base it off of. Please change CDC. It's embarrassing. 

Curious to see how this plays out. I've been advocating to maybe attempt signing Bobrovsky, but this may change things. Either way, Columbus should look to see if they can trade him for something as he isn't likely to return anyway and at least they have Korpisalo who is a pretty decent goalie in his own right to take over with a veteran backup.

Earlier in the year, it seemed like Columbus was just going to go for it this year, even if Bobrovsky and Panarin would walk at the end of it. They were the top team in the division for a while, and seemed headed toward a sure-fire 1st round with home ice advantage.

But with Washington taking care of business, Pittsburgh now on fire, and NYI, Montreal, and Buffalo all playing way above expectations, not only is Columbus in tough to get home ice in the 1st round, they aren't even a playoff lock. These next few weeks might be very interesting.

39 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Figured y'all would start pointing fingers at Torts with next to nothing to base it off of. Please change CDC. It's embarrassing. 

Torts does like dogs, so he has that one positive character trait.  Otherwise, he has "little man" syndrome.  He plays the tough guy, but (likely) he's pudding.  

Archived