The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The TDL Benning Complaint Thread Department

Warhippy

4 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

I do. I was literally banned back in the Gillis days, so I migrated there about five or six years ago.

you seem like a reasonable guy.

fact is those boards are pretty much anti benning .  i mean there are even multiple guys posting under the name 'dim jim' (or variations of) there right (cough)?  thats fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion. every time i visit there for a read people that hold opposing views to the mob (ie defending anything Benning does) are implicitly ridiculed and abused in one way or the other.

I see that you are criticizing posters here for being gate keepers and abusive to a certain population of the posters here.  Do you lecture the anti benning posters there about being fair and how "we are all fans"...any examples? or are you just here pretending to lecture from a superior high ground?

2 hours ago, Seinfeld said:

What does having the Sedins off the team have anything to do with it?

Were the Sedins whispering in his ear with a gun to his head telling him to trade for and sign Gudbranson, overpay every July 1st for free agents which we were told would bring back draft picks at the end of their contracts, botch almost every trade deadline, never accumulate picks when we constantly see other teams able to with lesser assets, mishandle routine paper transactions like the whole McKenna ordeal?

Benning is the GM, not the Sedins.

5 points out of a playoffs spot? You mean 5 points from third last in the league.

886379503_ACMEBOMB.pdnARM.jpgvv.jpg.df4b0cc84c3456ee8c035ce8e648736b.jpg

4 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Not everyone who disagrees with something Benning does hates him and wants him gone.   Why do you think you have to defend every little thing he does?  No GM is perfect but you and many others act like ours is.  It's so sad, grow a pair and tell us how you really feel for once

I don't defend everything he does. I just call out the crap from irrational Benning haters with their annoying whining. I've already grown a pair, thanks. You should do the same.

23 minutes ago, Darius said:

you seem like a reasonable guy.

fact is those boards are pretty much anti benning .  i mean there are even multiple guys posting under the name 'dim jim' (or variations of) there right (cough)?  thats fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion. every time i visit there for a read people that hold opposing views to the mob (ie defending anything Benning does) are implicitly ridiculed and abused in one way or the other.

I see that you are criticizing posters here for being gate keepers and abusive to a certain population of the posters here.  Do you lecture the anti benning posters there about being fair and how "we are all fans"...any examples? or are you just here pretending to lecture from a superior high ground?

To address your first point, I've met the guy in person, back in 2014. I have a pic with Willie D from that private meet and greet. STH in a suite privilege. I don't think he's "smart" enough to run an organization, but if I was a GM, I would want his expertise in my scouting ranks. I firmly believe in diverse opinions. He clearly has his calling and his strength, which is junior scouting.

One thing that I've noticed is that you're able to conversate better on HF. 

If you want to cite Y2K as an example, you are taking the most extreme anti-benning canucks fan you will find. Like, the majority of HF is willing to discuss things. Come over. Make a list of points and people will happily discuss things with you. Use both forums, talk, whatever.

Although, FWIW, Y2K has been overall correct since 2012 when he initially called for a rebuild as there was an inevitable demise of the core, and pointing out the initial troubling signs from Benning from 2014-2016 that indicated he wasn't good at pro scouting and asset management.

But, I could literally find a post where he accused me of being pro management and a Benning fan. So again, you can't take the most vocal and extreme representative of one side and assume that this is the way all of one side is, i.e. kellyanne conway for the right or some weird SJW equivalent on the left side.

But I try and be aware of my hypocrisies.  For the most part, you see a lot more shunning from the supporters of management than shunning towards those who support it.

@Darius

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/erik-gudbranson-has-been-traded-to-the-pittsburgh-penguins-for-tanner-pearson.2614373/page-15

Here's an example of warhippy engaging in a topic over the past two pages of that thread.

Compare that to the thread he himself made today. Like, lol.

1 minute ago, Tom Sestito said:

To address your first point, I've met the guy in person, back in 2014. I have a pic with Willie D from that private meet and greet. STH in a suite privilege. I don't think he's "smart" enough to run an organization, but if I was a GM, I would want his expertise in my scouting ranks. I firmly believe in diverse opinions. He clearly has his calling and his strength, which is junior scouting.

One thing that I've noticed is that you're able to conversate better on HF. 

If you want to cite Y2K as an example, you are taking the most extreme anti-benning canucks fan you will find. Like, the majority of HF is willing to discuss things. Come over. Make a list of points and people will happily discuss things with you. Use both forums, talk, whatever.

Although, FWIW, Y2K has been overall correct since 2012 when he initially called for a rebuild as there was an inevitable demise of the core, and pointing out the initial troubling signs from Benning from 2014-2016 that indicated he wasn't good at pro scouting and asset management.

But, I could literally find a post where he accused me of being pro management and a Benning fan. So again, you can't take the most vocal and extreme representative of one side and assume that this is the way all of one side is, i.e. kellyanne conway for the right or some weird SJW equivalent on the left side.

But I try and be aware of my hypocrisies.  For the most part, you see a lot more shunning from the supporters of management than shunning towards those who support it.

i appreciate the reasonable response. But at the end of the day i take it your answer is 'no'.  Meaning you havent made a similar post there (as here where you accused @Warhippy of being a gate keeper and it is unfair because 'we are all fans').  Those boards are deeply slanted towards anti-management and opposing views are mocked - you know and and I know it.  Benning is stupid and everyone that shows any inclination of support for him is basically treated as stupid.  Rather interesting that you take the high ground here , in terms of speaking up for those with opposing views, but seemingly haven't done that there .  In my mind it makes your proclamation here seem like a bit of a facade.  I have no doubt you are a good fan, but give me a break with your pedestal man...

I cant agree with you that "you're able to conversate better on HF".  Simply not true in my opinion.  The threads are overwhelmingly negative, discussions disintegrate into a piss fest about Benning and his mistakes. Everyone, other than pettersson, basically sucks or has major flaws.  yeah, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit,  but basically thats the gist of it.  I invite any posters here to go there and have a look and tell me im wrong.

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Please feel free to seat yourself in the waiting room provided in the link below for all your ZOMG BENNING related complaints.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/forums/vancouver-canucks.36/

I think you've outed yourself Warhippy!  I've just figured out who you are.....David Russell!

http://www.davidrussellwrites.com/id14.html

:P

6 minutes ago, Darius said:

i appreciate the reasonable response. But at the end of the day i take it your answer is 'no'.  Meaning you havent made a similar post there (as here where you accused @Warhippy of being a gate keeper and it is unfair because 'we are all fans').  Those boards are deeply slanted towards anti-management and opposing views are mocked - you know and and I know it.  Benning is stupid and everyone that shows any inclination of support for him is basically treated as stupid.  Rather interesting that you take the high ground here , in terms of speaking up for those with opposing views, but seemingly haven't done that there .  In my mind it makes your proclamation here seem like a bit of a facade.  I have no doubt you are a good fan, but give me a break with your pedestal man...

I cant agree with you that "you're able to conversate better on HF".  Simply not true in my opinion.  The threads are overwhelmingly negative, discussions disintegrate into a piss fest about Benning and his mistakes. Everyone, other than pettersson, basically sucks or has major flaws.  yeah, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit,  but basically thats the gist of it.  I invite any posters here to go there and have a look and tell me im wrong.

I just searched my post history for "CDC" and I've made one slant towards CDC when in 2013 when I was 14. And the extent of that slant was referring to CDC with my own acronym. 

If I ever see a whole thread on HF purely dedicated to thrashing a specific portion of the fanbase, I'll 100% respond to it the same way as I did here. But, I've NEVER seen threads dedicated to it. If you find me that thread on HF canucks in the past five years, I'll sit here and say it's a stupid thread. I'll even say it to you in person at the leafs game. 

But again, if you want to strawman those beliefs about me, feel free. I can't change your mind, clearly.

And if that's what you believe about HF, cool. Power to you. You seem determined, and I can tell this conversation won't go far. 

Cheers.

11 minutes ago, Darius said:

Post, or thread for ‘complaints’ though?

Hardly the same thing, especially on your premise of equal opportunity bias. 

13 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

I just searched my post history for "CDC" and I've made one slant towards CDC when in 2013 when I was 14. And the extent of that slant was referring to CDC with my own acronym. 

If I ever see a whole thread on HF purely dedicated to thrashing a specific portion of the fanbase, I'll 100% respond to it the same way as I did here. But, I've NEVER seen threads dedicated to it. If you find me that thread on HF canucks in the past five years, I'll sit here and say it's a stupid thread. I'll even say it to you in person at the leafs game. 

But again, if you want to strawman those beliefs about me, feel free. I can't change your mind, clearly.

And if that's what you believe about HF, cool. Power to you. You seem determined, and I can tell this conversation won't go far. 

Cheers.

Dont agree with you.  More specifically, creating a thread calling out a portion of the fanbase or having dozens upon dozens of individual posts where people with opposing views are piled on is the same in my mind.  I wont bother trying to find a thread at HFBOARDs, i trust your statement enough because I suspect you are a regular there and I don't really think it makes a difference if its a thread or a myriad of posts.

But we can agree to disagree.  And for the record, I don't mind you posting here at all (even @189lb enforcers?)...its always good to get different takes no matter how much we disagree.

1 minute ago, Darius said:

But we can agree to disagree.  And for the record, I don't mind you posting here at all (even @189lb enforcers?)...its always good to get different takes no matter how much we disagree.

That’s pretty much the whole point, on a discussion board, which was Sestito’s point, initially, when he quoted the hippy. 

7 hours ago, Seinfeld said:

The standards have been set so low for this fanbase in regards to Benning's tenure that two lateral, inconsequential trades are seen as wins lol.

What happened to accountability? Shouldn't we strive to get the best GM/coach/players on every level in this organization? Why does Benning get a free pass every time.

Read the bolded as if it was part of the Full House theme.

Seriously though, it's incredible how low the expectations have gotten for some in the fan base.

Nowadays, any move that isn't a clear loss is seen as a win.

I can't count the number of times I've seen on CDC and on Canucks reddit something like "what's the big deal? it's not like it's going to cripple our franchise". We've gotten to the point to where a move that "isn't going to cripple the franchise" is a positive. How about some actual GOOD or GREAT moves? Jesus lol.

Like, people still use "well at least we didn't get Lucic" as a way to make the Eriksson signing look less awful. As if it's positive that we only signed a horrendous contract instead of a slightly more horrendous one (and it's even more baffling when you realize that Benning actually tried to sign Lucic first).

There's positivity and then there's delusion. The latter is not going to get us any closer to the Stanley Cup.

5 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Just a disappointing day in the fact that for the last 5 years of rebuilding the only extra 2nd round pick we’ve managed to get was because Columbus signed Torts. We really are doing this rebuild with just our own picks. What other team does that lol. No 2nd chances in the 1rst or 2nd rounds of the draft. So we really can’t afford to miss on a pick.

These trades are fine you traded a bad dman for what should be a good 3rd liner and a disgruntled prospect who wanted out for another prospect we thought about in the 3rd round last draft.

There just should have been more and I wanted more. We have a plethora of bottom 6 guys that are probably going to have to walk for nothing. Tired of sticking with the same vets everybody keeps saying we’d be lost without. The Edlers and the Tanevs of the team they’re here and we’re bottom 5 every year. Why not trade them for extra 1rst rounders can we really finish much lower? And if we did wouldn’t that be better?

What would be better for a rebuild

Hughes, Kakko or Byram + a late first 

or a guy ranked around 8-10

8 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

After seeing another trade deadline ,Im sure Benning is about the worst JM in the NHL . He consistently shops at the dollar thrift store . Reclamation projects running around rubbing every lamp trying to find a jinnee in a bottle. Come on  grow a pair. 

I think JB has a big pair. 

How many people do you know who are willing to admit that they were mistaken and then do something about it?

That is what JB did this TDL. 

12 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Please feel free to seat yourself in the waiting room provided in the link below for all your ZOMG BENNING related complaints.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/forums/vancouver-canucks.36/

Honestly...wtf did you want him to do?  Tanev injured.  Edler wouldn't waive.  We don't yet have the depth to facilitate the trades or returns people seem to expect to happen.  benning has been rebuilding for just over 3 years.  Since he took over he took one of the oldest teams against the cap full of NMC and NTC's and literally zero prospect or roster depth.

His first year he traded across for NHL ready youth

His second year he traded across for NHL depth, kept a few

His third year he kept it

His fourth year he kept it

Now literally just now we're starting to see the depth of prospects enter the AHL, Still have prospects in Europe and the NCAA and have arguably two of the best young players under the age of 22 on our roster.  We were not supposed to be nearly as good as we are, we weren't supposed to challenge.  People hated Gudbranson when he brought him here, now they hate that he was traded.  people seem to think Benning lost on the DelZaster trade somehow and more.

You people literally cannot be pleased or take the time to see what is currently being built.

So please have a seat in the provided waiting room and lodge all your complaints there with the rest of the crowd.

Thank You

Management.

I was glad when gud was brought in ftr.

i also like Jared macCan.

Omgz.

12 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

How?  Timing of injuries has it that there's basically no extra guys that we could really trade (Eddie, Tanev, Sutter, Baertschi, Jake all injured).  No one wants the replacement level guys throughout the lineup, and I'm pretty pleased that Guddy netted Pearson, and he potentially addressed a need instead of just getting picks.  Dahlen wasn't going to go for much.  

Then whey wait till the deadline?  Wow.  The injury excuse sure has a few purposes.

its the same injures people every year.  And we end up with same result. Next year Tanev is do for a re sign.  Edsel could walk right now.  Tanev could walk next year.  It all seems a bit off the cuff right now and every tdl because the issues need to be addressed before the tdl.

Archived