The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New York Rangers at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 13, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Maybe you shouldn't divert off the point of my post? No? 

Sorry but a body slam like that isn't part of the game. I'm all for good hard nosed hockey but that slam doesn't belong. So no that is the point, it's up there with stick swinging imo. Matheson made sure he landed on/near his head. 

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Sorry but a body slam like that isn't part of the game. I'm all for good hard nosed hockey but that slam doesn't belong. So no that is the point, it's up there with stick swinging imo. Matheson made sure he landed on/near his head. 

What about this?

tenor.gif

What an awful, awful game.

Pettersson gets targeted again because Kreider knows he won't have to answer the bell. Who on this team is an actual legitimate fighter? We need a Kassian, Wilson, Reaves type player who plays regularly on the forward lines. So sick and tired of this s***.

I would trade a loss for EP40 and Roussel's health every time.

Tyler freakin' Motte of all people scores 2 meaningless goals. Unbelievable.

1 minute ago, Seinfeld said:

Pettersson gets targeted again because Kreider knows he won't have to answer the bell. Who on this team is an actual legitimate fighter? We need a Kassian, Wilson, Reaves type player who plays regularly on the forward lines. So sick and tired of this s***.

While disappointed with what happened to Rous and Pettersson I can't agree with the rest of this.

Those goals aren't meaningless to the guys in the locker room, or Motte himself who has had a solid season overall. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

While disappointed with what happened to Rous and Pettersson I can't agree with the rest of this.

Those goals aren't meaningless to the guys in the locker room, or Motte himself who has had a solid season overall. 

Save your breath, to some, calculating the incrementally small rise in lottery odds after a loss is WAY more fun than watching the Canucks score.

10 minutes ago, Seinfeld said:

that's how I feel too

The biggest problem I forsee in the Canucks future is addressing team toughness. I could see Benning drafting Kerby Dach at the draft. Could be a good winger for Petey  and addresses size issues. 

The injury to Roussel hurts us in the short term but also gives opportunities to see some fresh faces. Maybe a William 'lockjaw' Lockwood 

Tyler Motte has consistently proved he is willing to do what it takes to make this team... and now he has made himself a part of it.  Nice to see him get rewarded after being snakebit for 18 games.  He has the speed and the hand skills... he can be a 15 goal scorer on this team... maybe not this season, but its coming.

The whole 4th line was good... both Beagle and Granlund had chances and Beagle was chippy.

As I said in the live game thread, I really like Virtanen and what he brings to this team... although I would like to see him get a little mean... especially when the other team is cheapshotting every chance they get.  But what he brings in the way of physicality and speed is nice to watch... the way he walked away from the defender on the empty netter was just effortless.

Boeser once again shows why he is an important part of this team... keeps finding ways to get into position and put the puck in the net.  Also really liked Leivo on that PP goal.  Leivo is also showing he is tough kid who will bounce back... he probably was playing through an injury to his ribs from last game... that was why he reacted with gritted teeth to getting cheapshotted by Nemeshnikov.

Edler and Tanev back together made a huge difference... they are such a stablilizing influence.

And of course, Marky had another excellent game... nice bounceback.

Finally, I am sure many people will disagree with me... but the reason the Rangers were so willing to play dirty was the absence of Gudbranson.  Next year we need to get someone to replace him.

4 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Geenious Jim, and his not protecting EP by not icing a rebuild roster capable of doing so, should be $&!# canned. Tomorrow. 

Or, I suppose EP will just keep absorbing abuse until we all find out just how much it takes to break him. 

While I agree Benning needs to address toughness he doesn't need to be canned for this or any other reason right now. 

Archived