The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Apr. 06, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

Future looks bright CDC....a few more pieces and this team will contend.

,,,Go Flames Go!....what? finally they're a good team and the city will go nuts if they go all the way.

I remember when the boys who built the Canada Line LRT were in Calgary building the West LRT in 2011 ...there were many Canuck flags flying in Calgary when the Canucks went to the SCF...it's the Flames turn to go all the way...it will be fun if they do.

Petey Brock Bo Marky Quinner - tier 1

Leivo Pearson Roussel  Baertschi gaudette Demko  Edler Stecher Tanev- tier 2

Sutter Beagle Eriksson Biega Schenn Virtanen Motte Granlund Spooner Hutton Goldie - tier 3

Rafferty, Teves, Juolevi, Macewen, Gaunce, 

Some money to burn next year and possibly a top 10 pick. 

I am looking forward to next year. 

Things I'd like to see next season:

Brock Bo and Petey hit 30 goals 

Hughes Calder nomination

A 4 game winning streak

More shutouts for us

Less shutouts against us 

And one of  Hughes, Kakko or Byram 

3 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Well, now it's over to draft central...………….take it away JIm!

Elias' goal to tie it late cost them a spot in the lottery. Would've been behind the Ducks if they lost in regulation. 48 years and still no 1st overall...

2 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Elias' goal to tie it late cost them a spot in the lottery. Would've been behind the Ducks if they lost in regulation. 48 years and still no 1st overall...

Yeah that 0.5-1% edge will cost them.

Just now, RRypien37 said:

Nah,.....cant worry about that Rip

It was a good game with so much good in it.....

Ultimately, that is why we come here.....

But, you know, the hockey gods apparently have been shinning on us the last few years......I can't complain.

But I hear ya buddy!

Still, this last game, just gives our boys juice for the summer.

It's been a good ride. Nothing to complain about as far as I'm concerned. We exceeded expectations and are looking good for a better result next year. I think this is our last season out of the Playoffs. Can't wait for it.

If any Canucks actually read this stuff; Thanks for an exciting season and all the hard work.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14 minutes ago, Roberts said:

It may be the end of the season, but things are just getting started in Vancouver. I think this is the most I've ever looked forward to the next Canucks season.

Is it October yet?

So well said.

I mean, I usually don't get the "is it hockey yet?" feeling until about August.  But it's started right here and now.

I always look forward to playoffs, whether we're in or not.  This year it's hard to be excited about other teams ... only want to see more of these guys.  What a treat...going to mark off the days on a calendar like it's an advent.

I've been a bit negative at the decisions this management has made, especially in the first few years, but what's done is done. If there is a thread who's title actually invites it like one of them does then so be it. But I gotta go with glass half full now. And that is true no matter if we drop down and pick out of the top ten. I'm hoping for a bit of luck though at the draft. And also some good decisions and luck this summer in signing good acquisitions,   Maybe lock Brock up for a long term,  and shedding as many ugly contracts as possible.

Of the new acquisitions,

Keep:

Schenn,

Pearson,

Leivo.

Try and trade:

Spooner (good skill but too small)

Schaller

and vets like

Granlund

Eriksson

Sutter