The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Did Travis Green mishandle Nikolai Goldobin?

*Buzzsaw*

Travis Green and Nikolai Goldobin  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Did Travis Green give up on Nikolai Goldobin too soon?

• Yes, Goldobin should have stayed in the lineup... he was improving
    • Nope... Goldobin was a bust... headed for the waiver wire

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/29/2019 at 01:24 PM

6 hours ago, oldnews said:

And this is what limited Goldobin's minutes - in addition to the fact that EP and Boeser - particularly when the lineup wasn't very healthy, needed more heaviness out of their other linemate, and Horvat's line, playing a lot of shutdown was also not a good fit for Goldobin.  Goldobin was 'good' but unfortunately not good enough to tailor a line around - so it's really on Goldobin in the end to command minutes - and certainly not on Green to feed him them regardless of circumstances.

Go Canucks Go, right?

On 4/10/2019 at 8:38 AM, Drakrami said:

RU SERIOUS, may be Goldobin is not serious enough that is why he gets benched. Goldobin is basically Baertschi. He was benched and gave up on by the Flames/Brian Burke, so he sucked it up, stepped up his game and played his ass off to where he is now. 

Has Goldobin suck it up and played his ass off? Why has he been written off by 1) Sharks 2) Desjardins 3) Green? 

lol written off by desjardin? bruh he was not even ready for the NHL at the time and the canucks traded for him and just tossed him in.. Sharks was in a win now so they had to give up asset to get players to help them push for the cup.. green? he wants every player on his team to be a selke finalist of course. 

6 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

If you think this is true ... you haver zero clue on how athletes and coach relationships work in competitive sport...  

Let me simplify this for you. 

Willie Desjardins was the coach of the Canucks. 

Travis Green was coach of the Utica Comets. 

Tryamkin refused to be assigned to Utica. Ergo Travis Green had nothing to do with Tryamkin. 

Seems as though you are the one with zero clue here. Why would Green waste time coaching a player refusing to report when he has his own team to worry about...

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Let me simplify this for you. 

Willie Desjardins was the coach of the Canucks. 

Travis Green was coach of the Utica Comets. 

Tryamkin refused to be assigned to Utica. Ergo Travis Green had nothing to do with Tryamkin. 

Seems as though you are the one with zero clue here. Why would Green waste time coaching a player refusing to report when he has his own team to worry about...

Haha . - yes of course.     Tryamkin and Canuck management never seemed to be on the same page.

It was a real waste of the Canucks lost a great prospect.     Seems like poor communication was the key.... probably both player and managements fault. 

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Haha . - yes of course.     Tryamkin and Canuck management never seemed to be on the same page.

It was a real waste of the Canucks lost a great prospect.     Seems like poor communication was the key.... probably both player and managements fault. 

You're still celebrating 420, aren't you? :lol:

17 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol written off by desjardin? bruh he was not even ready for the NHL at the time and the canucks traded for him and just tossed him in.. Sharks was in a win now so they had to give up asset to get players to help them push for the cup.. green? he wants every player on his team to be a selke finalist of course. 

What age do you live in, like 15 years ago? 1st rounders are already playing their first NHL seasons at age 19. Yes, written off by Desjardin. If Sharks liked Goldobin they wouldn't have traded him away, how hard is that to understand? 

I didn't know Boeser and Baertschi are selke finalists? Green loves to play them. 

All your points are basically meh, dont know why Im spending time debugging them. 

What's your point by the way? If Goldobin, given the right opportunity, will flourish? Highly doubt that. So basically you have no point? 

9 hours ago, Drakrami said:

What age do you live in, like 15 years ago? 1st rounders are already playing their first NHL seasons at age 19. Yes, written off by Desjardin. If Sharks liked Goldobin they wouldn't have traded him away, how hard is that to understand? 

I didn't know Boeser and Baertschi are selke finalists? Green loves to play them. 

All your points are basically meh, dont know why Im spending time debugging them. 

What's your point by the way? If Goldobin, given the right opportunity, will flourish? Highly doubt that. So basically you have no point? 

whelp i guess boeser is a bust then coz he didn't play till he was 20? written off by the organization based on your statement. Juolevi is a bust coz he's not playing in the NHL like Dahlin and Heiskanen. all 1st rounder not in the NHL by 19 are all written off by their organization and coaches

On 4/23/2019 at 8:54 PM, kingofsurrey said:

Green did not fail with Goldy's deployment / development.

Greed did fail big time with how he deployed and treated Tryamkin though....

this is a joke right.? desjardins was coach when tryamkin was here. 

goldy would show flashes of his talents. got you exited, then he’ld disappear. green tried talking to him, but that didn’t seem to get him to be consistent with his effort. his only other option was to sit him out a few games, so he knew he was expected to be consistent with his effort. i’m not an analyst but, just maybe, it isn’t in goldie’s makeup to play that way on a regular bases.  some people think that if a coach can’t bring a player up to a desirable level of play, then the coach failed. 

i wish goldie well, but i don’t see him long term here. i’ve been wrong before.

Archived