The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks all in for Jason Zucker

11 minutes ago, Strombone said:

If they're willing to take Eriksson as part of a package. I'd consider offering more.

If not, then this is the most I'd offer:

Granlund

Hutton

3rd round pick 2020 (turns into a 2nd if Canucks make the playoffs)

for 

Zucker

But Zucker has been trending down. It really looks like a cap dump for Minnesota. The Wild must be eyeing some of the big name FAs.

I understand being a major Canuck fan. But saying Zucker is a camp dump is stupid. He has had 3 good years and knowledgeable hockey scouts think highly of him. Come on...:picard:

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Boeser is not going anywhere, especially for someone like Zucker. Yeesh.

No one said that.  No one.

Edit: the rumor was Boeser for Zucker and the 12th overall.  Accuracy matters.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

17 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

So trade Boeser for Zucker and 12th overall?

Cool. So once Zucker is over the hill in 3 years or so, hopefully the guy we pick at 12th overall will have been developed into a player as good as Boeser. 

Perfect.

So...….just dreaming a bit...………..

Boeser is just an asset...………..he will sign for about 7 M....hold on to that thought for a minute...……….

So Boeser for Zucker + 2019 1st (12 OA) + 2020 2nd...…….

Flip Zucker to Edmonton for their 2019 1st (8th OA)...……..maybe we retain some????

Sign Panarin  and Duchene = 20 M (so we are expedientially better)

Walk into the 2019 NHL draft with.

2019 1st 8th OA...…...Dach/Zegras/Boldy

2019 1st 10th OA...….Soderstrom/Seider

2019 1st 12th OA...….Krebs/Newhook/Lavoie

That to me, we are way better off

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

:picard:

5 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

Really? Virtanen, the likely 3W? Gaudette, who tops out at 3C or maybe low-end 2C? We're too emotionally attached to dime-a-dozen players.

I don't think Benning will trade Virtanen. Gaudette, I don't think he will either. But if it comes to acquiring Zucker? I'd send one for sure.

Fenton is probably the worst GM in the league, and I don't think he's bending anyone over. 

Rask for Niederreiter (w no homework done on Rask)

Granlund for Fiala

which are terrible deals, and

Coyle for Donato, which was an even deal. If Minnesota wins this deal, I'd be heavily surprised.

4 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Imagine spending this much of your life going through threads to make multiple posts to $&!# on a GM about things that aren't actually going to happen. 

EDIT: Also, the thread title is misleading since nowhere in the tweet was there an indication that the Canucks were all in. 

4 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Actually, Zucker and Myers are both intriguing and would help out team pretty significantly. What matters is the price.

AV overreacted a bit but there’s legitimate reason for concern.

Remember, JB has never won a trade outright in his tenure with the Canucks. The fact there’s other teams involved and reports the Canucks are going after Zucker hard doesn’t give me confidence if I’m being honest. 

I don’t get how so many people can give JB the benefit of the doubt so blindly. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with anyone siding with caution here. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Provost said:

Yep, Zucker+Dumba for Boeser+Virtanen is the deal to be made from our side... if it is a no go from them (which it probably is), then move on.

Dumba is a 1st pairing D and worth more than Boeser. Zucker is worth quite a bit more than Virtanen. I would add a 2nd on top of it.

Dumba > Boeser (only because a 1st pairing D is worth more than a 1st line winger - every time)

Zucker > Virtanen (but Virt is younger and has size - and I really like Jake)

Canucks add a 2nd or another prospect.

Dumba Zucker for Boeser Virtanen 2nd (or Gaudette) - still not sure that would get it done

I would do that for a 1st pairing D. We would get most of Boeser's production for the first few years and a very good D for many years.

Jason Zucker just seems like a sell high type of guy at the moment. Maybe trying to sell you on the 2018 60+ point player when really probably hovers as a 20+ goal guy and 45ish points a season. I love his game but as a rebuilding team I don’t want to pay futures for a good 2nd liner.

5 hours ago, KKnight said:

You have to think Minny is asking for Gaudette. 

I would be comfortable with Sven,Hutton and an additional prospect. I know thats not enough, Zucker strikes me more as a really effective two way forward, with great speed and defensive instincts, great off the rush.  

I dont think i would be comfortable with either of Virtanen or Gaudette going the other way though. 

So spare parts?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Considering that Benning is on record saying that he's not going to be trading one of our core guys, this talk of Boeser in any sort of deal is irrelevant.

Fair enough and I agree. Just spit balling.

• Cheers 1

Just now, janisahockeynut said:

God, when are you guys going to grow up?

Wayne Gretzky was traded...…..wrap your head around that for a minute...……...

The Oilers were a dynasty and still won a cup afterwards. We are a rebuilding team. Apples and oranges. Brock Boesers dont grow on trees.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

So...….just dreaming bit...………..

Boeser is just an asset...………..he will sign for about 7 M....hold on to that thought for a minute...……….

So Boeser for Zucker + 2019 1st (12 OA) + 2020 2nd...…….

Flip Zucker to Edmonton for their 2019 1st (8th OA)...……..maybe we retain some????

Sign Panarin  and Duchene = 20 M (so we are expedientially better)

Walk into the 2019 NHL draft with.

2019 1st 8th OA...…...Dach/Zegras/Boldy

2019 1st 10th OA...….Soderstrom/Seider

2019 1st 12th OA...….Krebs/Newhook/Lavoie

That to me, we are way better off

No way Zucker is worth 8th overall. Not even close. 

We can sign Panarin anyways. No thanks to Duchene. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

The Oilers were a dynasty and still won a cup afterwards. We are a rebuilding team. Apples and oranges. Brock Boesers dont grow on trees.

Shea Webber traded

PK Subban traded

Brett Hull traded

Phil Esposito traded

Brad Park Traded

Tavares not resigned

Kessel traded

and so on and so on...……………….