The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

On 12/21/2019 at 3:35 PM, Locke Lamora said:

Yeah. I’ll walk that comment back a bit. ;) I actually try to err on the side of keeping prospect expectations in check.

Let me say that his “playing style” reminds me very much of Messier...that mix of  skill (some slick passes in this game) and grit (close to the borderline hit obliterated some poor Kazak kid into the boards today).

Before he loafed about in Canucks jersey, didn’t Mess have a pretty good motor? Pods has this in spades. I have noticed though that he really looks gassed in the last third of most of his shifts. I’m sure that will change as he develops some big boy cardio. :)

I’ll be laser focused on him in this tourney like everyone else.

From the little I've seen,bid say that their playing styles are definitely similar.

43 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Is it just Pods and Hogs repping canucks this year or do we have anyone else in the world juniors? 

Toni Utunen is an assistant captain on Team Finland. And Karel Plasek seems to have made the Czechs.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

He captained the U18 team, played last year as one of the youngest guys and now he's back for his 2nd year with an A.

He's basically an over the hill vet.

Yeah I've seen his name for numerous years so I thought hed be over the max age for world juniors. Didn't realize he did so much as an underager. 

Excited for him too. I think henscored the winning goal against canada last year? 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I love it when teams take guys that are young for their draft year... as opposed to arguments in years past that you take the older guy because they are further along in development. IMO the guy nearly a year older than the kid born in September will be putting up better stats simply because they are further along in physical/maturational development. If you've got a coin flip, take the younger kid. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

I love it when teams take guys that are young for their draft year... as opposed to arguments in years past that you take the older guy because they are further along in development. IMO the guy nearly a year older than the kid born in September will be putting up better stats simply because they are further along in physical/maturational development. If you've got a coin flip, take the younger kid. 

That's true but the odds grow longer the younger you select, it's three and out or a home run, Fingers crossed it's a home run

• Upvote 1