The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

It would be fun to watch a Pods vs Hogs semi though.  I just think Pods is a superior player.  I see him as a difference maker.  Askarov seems to be their goalie now too.  He will even get better with more games.  

I thought Askarov was pulled when he let a bunch of goals in and the net went to their 2nd goalie?

On 12/31/2019 at 5:59 PM, flickyoursedin said:

A couple really good players that fell into the 3rd round which made me sad we added our 3rd in the deal for Miller but hey that trade has worked out well. Puistola and Dorofeyev being the guys I really wanted!

Draft all the players!!  

3 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I thought Askarov was pulled when he let a bunch of goals in and the net went to their 2nd goalie?

That was in the opening game for Russians. Askarov was good in the last game against Germany and is going to play again in the quarterfinal tonight...

• Cheers 1

On 1/1/2020 at 3:26 PM, Phat Fingers said:

Put the puck in the corner and send both Doro and Podz after it.  I know which player will come out with it 9 out 10 times.  That's why Podz was drafted at 10 and Doro wasn't.  

Jr tourney, hype is just that.  Still Doro looks great for Vegas.  

Imagine using that same line of thinking deciding between VIlardi and Pettersson in 2017. 

It's way easier to find someone who is strong on the boards than it is to find someone who can make a play with the puck. Look at what we gave up for Leivo versus what we gave up for Miller. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Imagine using that same line of thinking deciding between VIlardi and Pettersson in 2017. 

It's way easier to find someone who is strong on the boards than it is to find someone who can make a play with the puck. Look at what we gave up for Leivo versus what we gave up for Miller. 

A big difference between Doro and Ep40.  Ep40 was way too good to slip past the 6th pick vs the late second round.  

Gabriel Vlardi is a really good prospect humbled by some injuries but will be a solid NHLer.  He may or may not be a top six guy.  At least he has a solid floor.  

Fair comparison to Podz.  That said, Podz has been healthy and his issues at the draft had little to do with anything he could control.  

We have a plethora of skilled soft forwards, 2 NHLers are in Utica atm.  There is no shortage atm, but PF type players are among the harder to come by players types in the NHL. 

With players like Ep40, Hughes and I dare say Gaudette, we have creative players to get others the puck.  Having a second Miller or Horvat would be sweet.  

Remember CdC, the western playoff picture currently runs thru teams like Vegas and St Louis.  Not exactly teams you can beat using only skill.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

miller wins the battles too, though.

leivo vs baertschi would be a better comparison of trade value. 

3 hours ago, tas said:

Vilardi would be similar in the sense that he was touted as someone who could play physical along the boards and still smart and skilled enough to make a play.

Crosby wins battles too, you can still be smart if you're a physical player.

24 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Vilardi would be similar in the sense that he was touted as someone who could play physical along the boards and still smart and skilled enough to make a play.

Crosby wins battles too, you can still be smart if you're a physical player.

I was more responding to the "it's way easier to find someone who can play along the boards than it is to find someone who can make a play with the puck."

I guess what you meant is that getting a player who's good along the boards is easier than getting a player who's good along the boards AND can make a play with the puck, but that's pretty obvious I'd say. 

6 hours ago, tas said:

Agreed.  Leivo is a great 3rd/4th liner and has glimpses of the second line.  Miller has cemented himself on the first line and is playing at nearly a ppg pace.  His play has raised Ep40's play and Brock has really turned up the two way game.  His forechecking last night was better than I have seen from him before.  

• Upvote 1

podkolzin with an early assist today - passed from the corner to morosov in the slot, who riped it and scored.

it was accomplished after he kept the puck alive/kept control of it for his team by battling in the other corner.

definitely an effort of more than him- don't want to say he did it all himself- but he played a good part in a scoring play.

Edited by 112
  • Like 1