The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will this be the final nail to the coffin?

Rate this topic

kacholu

55 minutes ago, IRR said:

Wow...what a mature / respectable response!!!!! Your response says it all and just reinforces what I said!!! If you read / comprehended what I posted, you would have seen where I said people are entitled to their opinion / to criticize. All I was saying is the sky isn’t falling 24/7. So, I’m not on my soapbox as you put it! I don’t agree with everything they do, but I’m not negative / criticizing them at every turn. There’s a happy medium, but apparently that’s too hard for some people. I’d hate to see how they go through their day to day lives! 

Edit: read through this guys twitter post re: the trade and tell me the OP wasn’t a complete overreaction. He’s aloud to criticize / not like the trade, but that was the definition of the sky is falling post. 

Ahhh, Twitter... 

Now I’m learned.

Thanks for the educashun, NPC. 

13 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Ahhh, Twitter... 

Now I’m learned.

Thanks for the educashun, NPC. 

My 6 year old acts more mature than you!!! If you wanted to have a civil / respectful discussion re: my original post, I’d be happy to, but you decided to come at me like that. 

1) I hope you’re not an adult, because this is an embarrassing post / response for an Adult.

2) If you’re an Adult and have kids, I hope this isn’t the example you set for them. 

1 day on here and I may have to block someone already! Ridiculous!!! 

P.S. Don’t bother responding, I’m done with this convo! I didn’t come on here for this.

Edited by IRR
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Truly - you're complaining about getting a top 6 ready to play young forward for ?????????question marks 2-4 years down the road? We have no idea what a 1st round pick from 20 or 21 will look like until further down the line.  

• Cheers 1

Why are people so upset about this trade? 

I think it is a great sign of where we are at as a franchise.  

We have built a new, talented young core. 

Sure the defence is a little patchy, but that is what trades and free agency is for.  

We are done with the hard part of the rebuild.  

Now it’s time to fill those empty spots with a supporting cast of quality players and start to compete. 

Its time to start teaching these kids how to win.    You can’t keep the constant losing for too long or you end up like Edmonton and Toronto.  

If we dont make the playoffs for the next two years, it might be a little bit of an overpayment, but for a player who plays such a complete game, is young, good contract, and is going to be a solid piece of our top 6 for years to come..... it’s probably worth it. 

Im stoked to start seeing some wins again!

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Why are people so upset about this trade? 

I think it is a great sign of where we are at as a franchise.  

We have built a new, talented young core. 

Sure the defence is a little patchy, but that is what trades and free agency is for.  

Now it’s time to fill those empty spots with a supporting cast of quality players and start to compete. 

Its time to start teaching these kids how to win.    You can’t keep the constant losing for too long or you end up like Edmonton and Toronto.  

If we dont make the playoffs for the next two years, it might be a little bit of an overpayment, but for a player who plays such a complete game, is young, good contract, and is going to be a solid piece of our top 6 for years to come..... it’s probably worth it. 

Im stoked to start seeing some wins again!

Agree. It’s like the majority thinks Miller is Leipsic or something. 

• Cheers 1

On 6/22/2019 at 12:54 PM, kacholu said:

There is no secret JB got absolutely bent over on the TB trade today. Even the Homer fans won't be able to defend him now. 

Other teams are handing out assets to take on cap dumps yet our incompetent gm hands out a 3rd AND 1st for a cap dump. This his way of taking advantage of the cap. I'm about to puke just thinking about how bad this trade is. 

Nothing against Miller but he's a 50 pt guy on TB. Do you homers really think he will get that here in Van? 

Anyways, I truly hope this will be the end of JB. We have been a train wreck ever since he's been in charge. Our farm team is a joke, our trades are a joke and let's hope he's gone before it's too far. 

Absolutely horrible post. JB got a top 6 forward that plays any position and has size and paid market value for him when other teams were in on him to. 

Are you even a fan of the Canucks? 

On 6/23/2019 at 3:54 AM, kacholu said:

There is no secret JB got absolutely bent over on the TB trade today. Even the Homer fans won't be able to defend him now. 

Other teams are handing out assets to take on cap dumps yet our incompetent gm hands out a 3rd AND 1st for a cap dump. This his way of taking advantage of the cap. I'm about to puke just thinking about how bad this trade is. 

Nothing against Miller but he's a 50 pt guy on TB. Do you homers really think he will get that here in Van? 

Anyways, I truly hope this will be the end of JB. We have been a train wreck ever since he's been in charge. Our farm team is a joke, our trades are a joke and let's hope he's gone before it's too far. 

This post is poo and belongs on hockeysfuture

• Upvote 1

Is Benning done drafting high level Dmen in Vancouver? He never took any D in the Draft last week. He's also traded away the Canucks 1st in the next year or two for a middle 6 player IMO. 

Notable Ds drafted by Jim:

Tryamkin

Juolevi

Hughes

Woo

Is this enough? Has Benning dropped the ball on this rebuild?

On 6/22/2019 at 12:54 PM, kacholu said:

all-these-flavors-and-you-choose-to-be-salty-meme-4843706.png

• Haha 1

It’s done. Can’t do anything about. If anyone’s upset plz contact your Doctor and get back on your anti depressants.

i admit this past season I was a vivid supporter of team tank, but I also said it was because I wanted one more young core guy. We got 2 Podkolzin and Hoglander . I’m happy. Plus I really like the others we got this draft

Team Tank and whining is old news and it’s time for playoff pushes. This Canuck team is bulking up getting ready and I’m super excited.

Go Canucks Goooo

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, magicman12 said:

As long as he doesnt turn out like Erickson who had similar numbers, on a good team. 

JT was used in a pretty different fashion than LE on their ex teams. It’s not a given at all but an uptick in points from JT wouldn’t surprise me. 

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:38 PM, magicman12 said:

As long as he doesnt turn out like Erickson who had similar numbers, on a good team. 

I agree if turns out to be as advertised im happy with that but if becomes Lui 2.0 then what does that say about our team?

I don't get the angst over the the 1st round pick. If we are in the lottery next year then the pick moves back a year when hopefully it's a later one. JB protected the pick next year and is betting that we get a lot better with the kids developing and whatever other moves he can make, then it's a leter pick for Tampa. The sky IS NOT falling

On 6/23/2019 at 12:22 PM, drummerboy said:

I don't think drafting near the top of the draft every year constitutes the hard part of the rebuild.  The hard part just started.  Need to win trades and make smart signings to make this team deep.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, canucksnihilist said:

Well... obviously I’d eather take pk subban for 2 second round picks.

the op has a point.

but is it a terrible trade?  No.  It’s ok.  But not a home run.

It is a conditional first round pick on 2020.  What is the condition?

At $9 million a season, when we'd need to sign others a couple years down the line, and when he's coming off a down year?
Sure P.K. is pretty good still but what's done is done.

Edited by Phil_314

18 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

I don't think drafting near the top of the draft every year constitutes the hard part of the rebuild.  The hard part just started.  Need to win trades and make smart signings to make this team deep.  

The hard part for me as a fan was having to be cool with failing year after year and finishing in the bottom of the standings so we could build a strong young core.