The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Luongo Retires

Rate this topic

11 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

The "Best we ever had" were Burrows and Hansen who were the true "Character" players of that regime who tried to help THIS TEAM going out. Not the Sedins, Not Kesler,Not Luongo and sadly,neither will Edler. Only Tanev remains to be seen.

I am so glad that era is over and a new one has begun.

Unfortunately, time has let you down.  Luongo, unfortunately, did not show his true character while he was here in Vancouver.  If you saw Strombone1. You would know his true character.  There is no reason that he always had to show it for the parasites here in the Vancouver media.  He finally showed his character when he left.  He performed his hardest while he was here.

**oh and best we ever had means - best goaltender ever (didn’t think it needed to be clarified). 

Burrows and Hanson?  LMFAO.  Love their compete level, but although they are in a 1a and 1c level, I love them too don’t hate me too much (debloves)? Forget the name....

Luongo changed the entire swag of this team.  Question that.

Edited by I_AM_CANUCKIAN
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, I_AM_CANUCKIAN said:

Unfortunately, time has let you down.  Luongo, unfortunately, did not show his true character while he was here in Vancouver.  If you saw Strombone1. You would know his true character.  There is no reason that he always had to show it for the parasites here in the Vancouver media.  He finally showed his character when he left.  He performed his hardest while he was here

Nah, Burrows and Hansen will always be my favorites from that era as they gave their all right to the very end. That's the epitamy of a "TEAM PLAYER" in my books. You have your opinion I have mine.

17 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

The "Best we ever had" were Burrows and Hansen who were the true "Character" players of that regime who tried to help THIS TEAM going out. Not the Sedins, Not Kesler,Not Luongo and sadly,neither will Edler. Only Tanev remains to be seen.

I am so glad that era is over and a new one has begun.

“Only Tanev remains to be seen”

- $&!# man I would not have even responded if I read through your entire dribble.

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Nah, Burrows and Hansen will always be my favorites from that era as they gave their all right to the very end. That's the epitamy of a "TEAM PLAYER" in my books. You have your opinion I have mine.

No problem sir.  We are all Canucks or maybe some of us just began following. All the best.  Pick your own players, but don’t discredit greats in a retirement thread.

Edited by I_AM_CANUCKIAN

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Buffalo's ownership ponied up.  It's hard to believe Aquilini would have been unwilling to pony up the necessary dough to ensure the health of the franchise given the way he has invested towards staying competitive.  It's far more likely the idiot he had as a GM lacked the intelligence to realize that a buyout was the only sensible solution.  Instead, he doubled down on the bad contract with the trade.    You don't need hindsight to realize how brutal of a decision this was; it was painfully obvious to everyone but GM Neckbeard.    There is a reason no NHL team is willing to hire Gillis after the debacle he caused here.

Buffalo did pony up I agree.

They also didnt want Ehrhoff anymore, they didnt hand him 30 Million or whatever it was and then turn around and give him another 30 mil, they wanted him gone.

We didn't want Luongo gone.

I wish it didn't all go down like it did and he never left, but then we probably wouldn't have our new core that we do.

We have different opinions that's fine

I'm happy to have watched Luongo all those years and he deserves a good retirement. Hopefully we can agree on that.

1 minute ago, I_AM_CANUCKIAN said:

“Only Tanev remains to be seen”

- $&!# man I would not have even responded if I read through your entire dribble.

HAHA to each their own. Like I said we each have our favorites and I have seen a lot of players wear the Canuck jersey, some good, some not so good. I tend to like the ones with a lot of character and fight in them over the "popular" ones. 

4 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

HAHA to each their own. Like I said we each have our favorites and I have seen a lot of players wear the Canuck jersey, some good, some not so good. I tend to like the ones with a lot of character and fight in them over the "popular" ones. 

Noted.  Cheers.  Like I said, this is a Luongo retirement thread.  Have some respect. Sorry for my disrespect in regards to that one post.   Create another Tanev thread then mate. :)

Edited by I_AM_CANUCKIAN

1 hour ago, AllWeatherFan said:

I appreciate Tim & Sid empathizing with some of the complexities of this from a Vancouver fan's perspective:

These guys are both clowns who know Ish all about hockey or the Canucks.  They just spew BS in a semi we-like-y’all-in-Vancouver kinda BS.  Absolute morons.

3 minutes ago, I_AM_CANUCKIAN said:

Noted.  Cheers.  Like I said, this is a Luongo retirement thread.  Have some respect. Sorry for my disrespect in regards to that one post.   Create another Tanev thread then mate. :)

Hey all the best to Luongo I just commented on the thoughts he was this god, this savior for this team and I don't see it that way. Great player, no doubt, but we needed him and a few other key players in 2011 and they could not pull it off. Some are OK with that, some have excuses for it, but he is just another hockey player who played for the Canucks. If we won a cup? I would be talking like he walked on water too. 

I see the team first and the player second and I know others have a different opinion and that's fine. Like I said, to each their own. Cheers.

4 minutes ago, I_AM_CANUCKIAN said:

Luongo is the best goalie we ever had and was the best player on that cup running team.

end of story.

night and so long

Now on those 2 statements you are probably correct. He had a bad game in the finals but for the rest of it he was pretty good. Scoring was our main problem.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I loved Lu but he is not hall of fame worthy.

Too bad he didn't go out on the LTIR like other old players.

Oh well.

lol he's the only goalie in the league history to record 200+ wins on 2 seperate teams.. he's 1 of 2 goalie to lead 2 different franchise in all time wins.. although the other goalie shouldn't even count because he's the only goalie so far in that franchise and likely his record will be broken shortly (Fleury). it's also likely that franchise win record on 2 different team will never be broken. not that many goalies play for 1 franchise for 10+ year and let alone be a starter for almost 18 years.. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

You clearly didn't read the article :picard:

You clearly don't have an open mind about naturopathic medicine. 

I had eczema for years... Go to your regular family doctor or dermatologist and they'll supply you with some big pharma medicine that doesn't work on many people. 

See a reputable naturopath and they will find the right remedy for it in short order. 

If marian tried big pharma and they didn't work in curing his ezxcema... Then he could have easily resolved it naturally. 

Marian signed the exact same deal as Luongo aside from his having 4 years at 1 million in real money. He called it quits as soon as his first of 4 one million years... Give me a freaking break. You don't call bs and believe the media?! How convenient for marian... Saves his team over 2 million in cap, which wins them multiple cups and this cheater is getting off Scott free and so are the pathetic fans of Chicago?!?! Yet we as Canucks fans are being punished?! 

LENGTH: 12 YEARS
EXPIRY STATUS: UFA
SIGNING TEAM: Chicago BlackhawksChicago Blackhawks
VALUE: $63,300,000
C.H.% q.svg: 9.29
SIGNING DATE: July 1, 2009
SOURCE: CapGeek

The nhl is a joke. Theres teams like Chicago that are in the old boys club and not only influence the refs to buy them wins, but even the league to turn the blind eye to their actions... 

• Wat 1

2 hours ago, Oregon.Duck said:

As a person with Degenerative Disc Disease in my L3-L4...I’d Call Callahan going on LTIR because of it BS. The word disease throws people off, but man, it’s not career ending by a long shot. 

Fair enough. Thanks for calling it like it is.