The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign F Brock Boeser to 3 year deal with AAV of $5.875 million

Adarsh Sant

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Well at least one (or two) of Petey, Bo, Hughes, Podz, OJ or Boes will be gone in the next 4-5 years.  Boes' is a leading candidate, imo.

Boes will be signed long term in 4-5 years...OJ might not make it so I will give you that...Horvat is the low hanging fruit - if he wants the best deal he can get it might not be from Vancouver..

• Upvote 2

good signing...a bridge deal is good for both sides...BB6 can prove himself in the next 3 years to be an elite top 6 player...40 goal sniper in order to get paid more dollars. Management gets a good player cheap for the next 3 years, in-line with the Bo and Miller, and they have more time to assess if BB6 can be an elite top 6 player...I like the fact that the player, if he proves himself, will eventually get paid what he is worth by playing through a bridge contract. This is very good for both sides because it is fair.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Somewhere someplace Iain McIntyre is trying to spin this 

As I posted above his tweet with Brock’s quote. It’s hilarious looking at all these chicken littles of the media running around with their heads chopped off with their toxic takes. Glad you said this, so true.:)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, EP Phone Home said:

So Ian Mac says this yesterday on the tweet above... and our Flow says this today...

My god how I hate our media and how they try their best to be a bunch of drama queens. Forfit your journalist license there Ian, our players our team and our fans don’t need anymore toxic

$€!+ in our lives. We watch, read and listen to hockey for an escape of the BS not to eat up your negative spin. 

FEC2A588-6473-4AE8-99E1-2B02FCDE1A3D.png

B961476B-1D37-4897-BBBF-88BEBEA36970.png

The agent screwed Brock by turning down the 7x7 offered back in June.  Long term deal with a guaranteed 49 million.  Now Brock has a short term deal worth 17.5 million.  Brock is a loyal guy, so he will not fire this agent.  But he should. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nucksfansincebirth said:

About 3 years too long and about 2 million too much money. First of all, hes American. We all know Americans are arrogant douchebags who only care about themselves. You dont win a cup with American players. Second of all 5.8 mill for an injury prone second line winger who hasnt done anything and hasnt shown he will be any better? Hes no leader nor captain unlike guys like Eriksson for example. If I were the aquiline I'd be calling jim to the office and grilling him on his scouting. Let's see a player do something before he is given nearly 6 million. 

1 hour ago, Nucksfansincebirth said:

That'sgreat Brock but let's be real. 6 million for 20 goals is far too high of a cost, especially since coach green never plays you right. I'd rather have a leader and heart and soul guy like Eriksson than a selfish player like that. Not happy bout the contract.

Really?

• Cheers 3