The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Lames | Oct 5 | 7 PM | CBC

Rate this topic

AlwaysACanuckFan

27 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Jesus, I would not be able to keep up with you. Cheers lol. 6 beers for me and i'm silly like a goose :towel: My buddies always try and get me drunk like someones little brother, always out to get me! 

Haha I'm a big boy. I won't drink it all I don't want to be really hung over.

I like a six pack for the Leafs game, 2 beers for the Canucks then scotch the rest of the way.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

I like him with Leivo.  I think Leivo doesn't get enough credit some times for how good his overall game is.  His underlying possession numbers are VERY good.   Very responsible and perfect third liner in my opinion.  I am hoping him and Gaudette form a so called "pair" TG can rely on.  Virtanen just needs to keep his head in the game and this could be a very good line.

image.png.59b513c2f7f40c6252258dc432016ff9.png 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Roberts said:

Eriksson is scratched?

Eriksson is scratched.

:frantic::frantic:

Eriksson scratched!!

I actually thought he looked ok. He had a rush where I thought he was another player. He actually skated hard for 5 seconds :lol:

25 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If there’s any truth to the rumour that he nixed a trade then he has no reason to complain.

He should expect a lot more of this this season.

He also moved his family down to Dallas according to those same reporters. Did that actually happen? That rumour quietly disappeared.

I think our depth makes it likely that he and others will take turns sitting depending on play and opponents. His comments probably didn't endear him to Green, so this was to be expected.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jack Fig said:

I remember that game, a Sunday afternoon, I think. I also believe that's the day they retired Stan Smyl's uni. 

I’m not sure.  I remember being at my brothers house in Nanaimo ( still in LM at the time), and seeing the headline in the Province.  Haven’t ever been able to find a photo of that headline despite a couple of google searches.

I'm looking forward to watching our team settle in and starting rolling. Now that guys like Ferda and Miller have their families feeling settled it should naturally transpire into them doing the same with the season. Chemistry is only going to get better. 

Also looking forward to Gaudette being in tonight. He's one hungry NHLer. What's his ceiling? 30 goals? 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1