The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Detroit Red Wings at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 15, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

I just saw a gif of it, it looks clean, maybe a charge but schaller didn't leap elbow or target the head?

Look like a clean hard hit? 

I am not here to defend Detroit. they played one good shift and then lost the rest of the game, but Schaller, clean or not, took a run at their best player. and Detroit reacted exactly like we wanted last year and the year before and the year before that. And for a change our team stood up for themselves. Good on them.

Just because the game got a little testy does not mean we need to cry wolf.

good night.

57 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Alex Edler managing 25 mins tonight again.  That makes it 4 out of 5 games where Edler has averaged 25 or more minutes a night.

I know we are on a roll right now, but man Baumgartner needs to do a way better job managing Eddie's mins.  Reason Edler keeps getting hurt and looks tired by December is the lack of in game managing of his minutes.  We have a balanced defense now, limit his minutes so he is more fresh and makes less mental gaffs because he gets tired.

Yes he plays important minutes in all situations, but need to start taking some away so he is fresh and less susceptible to injury chances.  If anything I would like to see change is Baumgartner being more wise with Edler's mins

Most of Edlers injuries are from shot blocking.  If Benn and Tanev are playing key minutes?  Maybe he survives...

He is still killing penalties?

STETCHER showed what i have been saying for years...i just want that kind of attitude with every player...you  need to be tough in that way..if a guy gives you a cheap shot you let him know rite away in a smart way by not taking a dumb penalty..team toughness and i really like the way the team plays smarter hockey...they know what i mean.... the power play is good when they keep it simple...the fancy plays can come as other teams let them unfold...but thats the kind of hockey you need to play...im sure tougher teams would give more of a push back but hey thats why we have guys that will go when needed...good hard fore check and guys at the net.....simple break outs with guys making themselves open...

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2