The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New York Rangers | Oct. 20, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Not tired entering the game....they came out, HARD, and established a good lead.  Then, after having flown,  played the day before in a morning game, giving their all out of the gates this game......they hit the wall.

So I disagree.

They were defending the lead...I just don't think it was strategy as much as desperation.  

If this is the case, Gaudette and LE are fresh waiting for their opportunity....use their depth....however, I see it different, they were defending the lead.

Main thing is they got the win.

...and the Ducks are going to beat the Flames...lol

Edited by Pete M
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

They seem to be winning in different ways and gaining different lessons from each win. That’s what you want.

Anyone who’s looking to complain about how we’re getting 2 points right now need to think hard about the last four seasons.

Ill take ugly wins or beautiful wins it doesn’t matter to me, it’s still 2 points.

Pretty much.
These are the games we would have lost last year. and winning those handful of games is literally the difference between playoff hockey and golf. 

This was a fun game to watch....pulse definetly rises in the third there. A game where both teams comes out to fight and battles it out all the way till the last second is over. I enjoyed the chancec created and got to see some chances being created from peteys line. It was interesting to see how petey switched from the right side to the left when on the PP, which did end up with a goal for Bo. Not saying ths is the way to go but i think they should vary from time to time to make the PP more unpredictable like it did tonight. Our 4th line was great tonight, a few clearances that didnt work out aside. And naturally :wub:Markyyyy:wub: FTW. Man was he great in that third period. Rangers fought untill the end and this is where defensive minded players gets to shine more. Enjoyed watching Benn play so solid in front of the net. So all in all this was a good hockeygame to watch, exciting till the end. Love it when the teams battle and u see how they play with their heart in order to get the win. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Speaking of 2011 I remember that group used to take their foot off the gas all the time... just felt like they took the 1st or 2nd periods off to let Luongo do his thing and turned it on to win in the 3rd. 

As a guy who follows a lot of sports, the 82 game NHL season is insane.  I don’t think it’s possible for teams not to pace themselves at times.  The difference of intensity in the playoffs kinda supports that.  

Not saying that 3rd is what the boys should be aiming for... just an overall observation.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Sometimes teams win when they should lose and sometimes teams lose when should have won.

These things even out over the course of 82 games season. 

Every team gets tired in 3rd period on back to back. It's always been that way and always will be. 

Opposing team knows this and turn it on in 3rd. It's like that for every team in every back to back game..

Canucks have a much more favourable schedule this season. They play a lot less back to back games. 

• Upvote 3