The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

I see how business works.

It's evident you don't.  Son the way you talk you'd try to milk a bull

i guess you've never been to a beef breeding ranch or a bucking bull operation.....lol but I've never personally done it but I've seen vets do it lol

sometimes you have to do some dirty work to support your family.....

oil is dirty but it can help cause fund a brighter future. 

Like you said Canada only has about 30 years to make all it can off oil....

ha you know if things keep getting worse B.C will become the most hated province around.....

kinda sad that a simple cowboy as my self can see this but you can't......

then again maybe what I call basic business knowledge isn't basic after all even when I explain it as simple as I can and you still don't get  lol

oil is more then just numbers you like to use.....in Canada oil is its biggest earner and when oil goes down so does the rest of Canada ......that's called the butterfly affect......

25 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

who's 'dragging TMX along'? that makes no sense. Sure Harper "approved" except he didn't do the proper consultation and left it in a complete mess. Again you're not working with the facts here Rob, not even close.

Your comment on the 'left coast' seemed blamey. As if no one out here would be effected by the tax changes. 

Yes, look at the links I posted before responding. If a kid between 18-24 is actually doing some work on the farm they can split the income. But there were people that abused the tax system and tried to split income with family that weren't even on the farm. And you think CRA is going to just look the other way? what planet are you on? 

Okay not to be rude....most farmers I've met barely understand the tax rights off....

sure they understand the basic ones tractor bailer and so on but a lot of the older ones lack the knowledge, they don't realize with taxes there's a whole lot of grey area.....

for example....if a farmer has a son and he has a truck....he can right it off and same for the insurance and if he has his own fuel tanks then his son can fill up for next to nothing and it's still a tax right off....

I save a lot of money thx to that grey area but I can justify everything I right off. So I have no problems with the government but I use their system against them.....

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

High speed rail is all over Europe.  I took two trains today.   I am on one right now.   Wi-fi, clean and quite inexpensive!   

But taking one from Calgary to thunder Bay, effectively a flat straight line at 400kph.  Man that makes no sense.  

Better to chug diesel pushers at 60kph instead

9 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

then again maybe what I call basic business knowledge isn't basic after all even when I explain it as simple as I can and you still don't get  lol

You haven't explained anything.  Your lack of knowledge regarding production costs and supply is shocking.  You blame BC for world market issues and investment decisions from producers.

Son you're all hat and no cattle.  There's no argument about it.  

Ignoring literal econn 101 and claiming you know business is like Jason Kenney claiming he is a prairie boy, or Trudeau claiming he knows how to lead

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Okay not to be rude....most farmers I've met barely understand the tax rights off....

sure they understand the basic ones tractor bailer and so on but a lot of the older ones lack the knowledge, they don't realize with taxes there's a whole lot of grey area.....

for example....if a farmer has a son and he has a truck....he can right it off and same for the insurance and if he has his own fuel tanks then his son can fill up for next to nothing and it's still a tax right off....

I save a lot of money thx to that grey area but I can justify everything I right off. So I have no problems with the government but I use their system against them.....

and thats how it should be, use every legal means you can to reduce your burden. 

But claiming your kid is working on the farm while clearly away at school is just dumb and asking CRA to step in.

And before @Rob_Zepp chimes in and calls me anti-farm, I do agree that we should support them in other ways, just not by tax cheating. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

But taking one from Calgary to thunder Bay, effectively a flat straight line at 400kph.  Man that makes no sense.  

Better to chug diesel pushers at 60kph instead

Hippie do you know a lot about those trains? I don't but how would they handle the winters and ice on the track?

winters here are a lot rougher then Japan, so I'm curious and I like the idea

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You haven't explained anything.  Your lack of knowledge regarding production costs and supply is shocking.  You blame BC for world market issues and investment decisions from producers.

Son you're all hat and no cattle.  There's no argument about it.  

Ignoring literal econn 101 and claiming you know business is like Jason Kenney claiming he is a prairie boy, or Trudeau claiming he knows how to lead

You look at numbers and I look at first hand facts or things I've seen with my own eyes......can you say the same?

i see things simple but there not. 

kinda ironic a hippie tryin to teach me about oil lol

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

and thats how it should be, use every legal means you can to reduce your burden. 

But claiming your kid is working on the farm while clearly away at school is just dumb and asking CRA to step in.

And before @Rob_Zepp chimes in and calls me anti-farm, I do agree that we should support them in other ways, just not by tax cheating. 

I agree but most accountants don't talk about the grey area or use the grey area unless someone brings it up.....cause like you said it can be dangerous and do more bad then good....

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I was a long term conservative and thought how Canada was ruled could be changed. No longer. I will vote Wexit both federally and provincially. Many parts of BC would gladly join AB & Sask. 

Disagree. I'm think the Peace River area would be on board, but not much else.

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Disagree. I'm think the Peace River area would be on board, but not much else.

I think sparewood all the way to golden might join alberta lol fernie area  , they ship their cattle to Alberta and cranbrook is the only one I'm not sure of cause all the towns leading to crann benefit from oil.....

edit* cranbrook doesn't really see the oil money so I could see them staying with b.c

Edited by RowdyCanuck

Just now, RowdyCanuck said:

I think sparewood all the way to golden might join b.c lol fernie area  , they ship their cattle to Alberta and cranbrook is the only one I'm not sure of cause all the towns leading to crann benefit from oil.....

I think that's Wexit wishful thinking...but I guess we'd never know, unless a poll was taken.

And it's Sparwood.

7 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think that's Wexit wishful thinking...but I guess we'd never know, unless a poll was taken.

And it's Sparwood.

True and sorry my bad. But say if that area all the way to golden goes with Alberta....that's three mills I know off the top of my head that would be leaving b.c or relocating and can for just moved their mill from canal flats to radiam so I doubt they want to bite that bullet again....

Edited by RowdyCanuck
I hate autocorrect but it's so handy

Just now, RowdyCanuck said:

True and sorry my bad. But say if that area all the way to golden goes with Alberta....that's three miles I know off the top of my head that would be leaving b.c or relocating and can for just moved their mill from canal flats to radiam so I doubt they want to bite that bullet again....

like I said earlier, there's no way to know for sure, but AFAIK, there isn't even a plurality in Alberta that support Wexit, so I remain unconvinced that much of BC would be inclined to throw their lot in with Alberta....

.....especially if it looks like it will just end up being Puerto Rico North...

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

like I said earlier, there's no way to know for sure, but AFAIK, there isn't even a plurality in Alberta that support Wexit, so I remain unconvinced that much of BC would be inclined to throw their lot in with Alberta....

.....especially if it looks like it will just end up being Puerto Rico North...

True ha one of the reason why I'm thinking about leaving Alberta lol

1 hour ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I think sparewood all the way to golden might join alberta lol fernie area  , they ship their cattle to Alberta and cranbrook is the only one I'm not sure of cause all the towns leading to crann benefit from oil.....

edit* cranbrook doesn't really see the oil money so I could see them staying with b.c

Include all the East Kootenay. We elected Reform in '93 and our MP regularly polled +65%. Reform appeal was across the political spectrum NDP to Conservative. We were being screwed by the east then and still are. Feelings have not changed. A lot of retired Albertans or descendants of Albertans. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Include all the East Kootenay. We elected Reform in '93 and our MP regularly polled +65%. Reform appeal was across the political spectrum NDP to Conservative. We were being screwed by the east then and still are. Feelings have not changed. A lot of retired Albertans or descendants of Albertans. 

the mythology dies hard. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Yes, lots of Albertans arriving in my city too.... looking for work in their nice new trucks.....

Seem friendly enough ..... but don't really recommend talking economics or politics with them......

250px-The_Beverly_Hillbillies.jpg

Edited by kingofsurrey