The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Andrew Ladd

As with every bad contract that comes up... you have to consider the idea of swapping Eriksson for the player.

In this case he has an extra year so that would be tough to swallow as we will need that money in the last couple years for Petterson and Hughes.

We would be far better to find a bad contract with just two years left and add a sweetener for the other team taking the extra year.

• Cheers 1

What’s happening with him? A quick stat-check doesn’t make it seem like he’s been all that bad, plus he was the alternate captain. 

Could someone who follows the Islanders more fill me in?

7 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

What’s happening with him? A quick stat-check doesn’t make it seem like he’s been all that bad, plus he was the alternate captain. 

He has been playing in the AHL likely on a conditioning stint and has 1 point in 5 games there, they likely put him on waivers to keep him there. No risk of him getting claimed

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

Coming off knee surgery but yeah...this smells a bit like a DAFUQ move...

Eriksson (34) has 3 years left at $6

Ladd (33) has 3 years left at $5.5

Very comparable players, except Ladd hasn't been in the NHL since the 2018/19 season and had knee surgery. Eriksson is healthy and has spent no time in the AHL.

Why not a trade straight up? Can Ladd still play? Has he recovered from the surgery? I'd rather have BC boy Ladd (former captain and Cup champion) on our team.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Very comparable players, except Ladd hasn't been in the NHL since the 2018/19 season and had knee surgery. Eriksson is healthy and has spent no time in the AHL.

Why not a trade straight up? Can Ladd still play? Has he recovered from the surgery? I'd rather have BC boy Ladd (former captain and Cup champion) on our team.

Ladd has an extra year

Edited by Bure_Pavel
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

4 years left for Ladd.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1