The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Andrew Ladd

26 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

What a free agency day that was...

That totals $274.25 Million US dollars.

More than a quarter of a Billion dollars. For a bunch of guys who only 3 years later can barely play.

:picard:

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

No thanks. Not interested in taking on that extra year, I'd rather just wait it out with Eriksson. 

Ladd is done, but he will continue to play in the AHL until his contract is up.  LE will retire after his July 2020 bonus is paid.  LE will not get sent to the minors.  He has a gentleman's agreement with JB/ Aquilini to stay with the big club, and retire after that 2020 bonus.  

• Wat 3

As much as I disliked Ladd during his Chicago years I respect him for his work in Winnipeg and his efforts to make the NHL work in that city again.

And yes, if Ladd can skate then he is a better 4th line player than Eriksson any day.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Provost said:

As with every bad contract that comes up... you have to consider the idea of swapping Eriksson for the player.

In this case he has an extra year so that would be tough to swallow as we will need that money in the last couple years for Petterson and Hughes.

We would be far better to find a bad contract with just two years left and add a sweetener for the other team taking the extra year.

At least Eriksson can still play... look at Ladd’s numbers. He’s declined massive.

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, stawns said:

teams are built through drafting, trades, waiver picks ups and free agency..........all of them play a role

No argument there.  Just a good reason to chill on July 1st every year until the dust settles.  I think JB learned that lesson the hard way

Edited by sonoman
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Ladd is done, but he will continue to play in the AHL until his contract is up.  LE will retire after his July 2020 bonus is paid.  LE will not get sent to the minors.  He has a gentleman's agreement with JB/ Aquilini to stay with the big club, and retire after that 2020 bonus.  

And your source is?

• Cheers 1

Funny going back to that FA year, this is the guy I always wanted not Eriksson, heck I even suggest a few years ago they should trade with Islanders to swap them and hope a new team could help them both out. Now it's come to this with both the players, Eriksson better be the next one I read about on here for waivers. Hopefully the Canucks organization can start to see the picture and budge and do the same with Eriksson soon.