The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov. 27, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Anyone still laughing at my fire Green for Babcock comment? :P

On a more serious note. DO IT NOW!!!

This team is way too good to blow it this year. Babcock is the absolute best option for our team moving forward

Edited by Brock Botanen
  • Wat 1

7 minutes ago, Pete M said:

checkout Canucks 2nd goal...they actually set up a resemblance of the the "attack triangle"...Jake got the puck wide and passed to the high guy (Pettersson) in the high slot, who sniped it. 

It all starts with taking or getting the puck wide near the blue to set up the play...Canucks need to set this play up more often, rather than the dump and chase without forecheck pressure... taking the puck wide with possession needs to be thought of in the neutral zone well before the play happens. This play when done most often than not results in a scoring chance.

Set up the attack triangle, rather than the dump and chase.

It's a huge issue in general is shape for this team. Even on the powerplay we don't ever set up triangles. The only time we really ever do is on the breakout where we send it along the boards, and have the side wall send it to the middle to get up the ice. We hardly ever shape up in the offensive zone. Very perimeter oriented. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Dogcrazy said:

How many of these "we are a young team" free pass Green can use?  There are so many teams younger than us and yet they have a better record and true playoff contenders.  Green got to stop using this  "we are a young team" excuse and get the hell out of there if he can't get the team to win now.  

according to Green, the reason we imploded was because we had a lot of young forward and "Malkin kinda took over". 

13 minutes ago, gameburn said:

Agreed.  But this could be as soon as 2 weeks from now.  And our memories of this debacle will still be fresh.  I think, I hope, that Green is relieved of his duties in favour of someone who is better suited to coaching a big team.

Not saying that won't happen. I just think Green is going to be given a lot of rope to turn things around. As long as we make the playoffs, he's safe. And if we don't and it's close, he'll likely get at least 20 next season. That seems to be more our approach than turfing him now. JB knows we still have holes to fill ... that's why he's still talking trades. If I had to make a guess, I'd say he still feels Green may not have enough pieces to succeed but wants to see when we're healthy. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Not saying that won't happen. I just think Green is going to be given a lot of rope to turn things around. As long as we make the playoffs, he's safe. And if we don't and it's close, he'll likely get at least 20 next season. That seems to be more our approach than turfing him now. JB knows we still have holes to fill ... that's why he's still talking trades. If I had to make a guess, I'd say he still feels Green may not have enough pieces to succeed but wants to see when we're healthy. 

Hopefully Babcock dont wind up with a divisional team and makes us regret not going after him. Green is a slightly better WD IMO. Babcock is the kind of guy you hire when you want to win now. He wont tolerate losing and has a very good resume in utilizing talent. 

His time in Toronto didnt go well. Neither did any other coaches since before my time LOL

Edited by Brock Botanen
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dogcrazy said:

How many of these "we are a young team" free pass Green can use?  There are so many teams younger than us and yet they have a better record and true playoff contenders.  Green got to stop using this  "we are a young team" excuse and get the hell out of there if he can't get the team to win now.  

He'll be saying that at Pettersson's retirement ceremony if we allow him to stay behind the bench that long. ::D

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

according to Green, the reason we imploded was because we had a lot of young forward and "Malkin kinda took over". 

My friend that I was with tonight is a huge Pens fan. All night he was chirping me, saying, you watch, Malkin is going to take over tonight. All g-damn night he was saying that. We imploded, yes, but Malkin did make a difference... as much as I hate to say it. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, mj vic said:

Green has to go.  There's no good reason in prolonging the inevitable firing. Do it now while we still have a slim chance of hanging on to a play off spot.  

I would love to know what the organization’s succession plan looks like.  How long a life have they anticipated for Green.

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

It's a huge issue in general is shape for this team. Even on the powerplay we don't ever set up triangles. The only time we really ever do is on the breakout where we send it along the boards, and have the side wall send it to the middle to get up the ice. We hardly ever shape up in the offensive zone. Very perimeter oriented. 

Yup, they are not thinking of setting up any plays... except to shoot it in with no pressure at all, even though they hussle.

If they shoot it in then they need to set up a 5 man forecheck system with pressure coming from the middle out to funnel the puck up the boards...Me personally, I coach an aggressive forecheck with the Dman 100% pinch with the third forward patrolling the blue line to whatever side the puck is funneled. The Canucks have mobile enough "D" to create this pressure and get back in a defensive position. Usually this forecheck when executed, you play 3/4 of the game in the offensive zone.

This forecheck takes a 5 man unit to execute so I think the Canucks would not be able to do it because they are not working as a team.

Simplifying the systems by setting up the attack triangle with puck possession is a better way because you maintain possession and it takes less energy than the dump and chase and hussle (non team system) that is happening.

• Upvote 1

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lRPQSxp25z4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lorem ipsum dolor amet hashtag live-edge blue bottle, selfies post-ironic occupy banh mi hammock iPhone. Migas edison bulb raw denim, bitters cliche lyft selvage banjo. Venmo narwhal quinoa adaptogen activated charcoal mustache hot chicken cornhole affogato literally. Put a bird on it kogi godard dreamcatcher. Single-origin coffee etsy four dollar toast hashtag raclette pitchfork. Everyday carry glossier meggings plaid vice mumblecore vexillologist affogato biodiesel hexagon fashion axe poke chia salvia. Semiotics kombucha gentrify authentic fam yr artisan listicle mlkshk farm-to-table pinterest subway tile.

Scenester paleo brunch small batch cold-pressed slow-carb man bun schlitz kombucha, lumbersexual copper mug intelligentsia hella DIY. Scenester lo-fi blue bottle hella selfies etsy forage ramps gochujang salvia locavore literally umami dreamcatcher. Hella listicle hell of, normcore helvetica green juice retro fam PBR&B hoodie art party offal blog. Hoodie pickled typewriter four loko etsy vinyl stumptown air plant. Drinking vinegar schlitz mustache tilde, skateboard activated charcoal helvetica adaptogen knausgaard vexillologist ethical. Master cleanse sartorial meh photo booth affogato typewriter. Lumbersexual craft beer small batch, vegan post-ironic vinyl franzen.

Small batch fixie meh, sustainable trust fund neutra echo park hot chicken vegan. Venmo helvetica messenger bag pickled vaporware deep v, salvia mlkshk aesthetic. Cray enamel pin truffaut, tumeric VHS la croix listicle gochujang adaptogen edison bulb readymade trust fund portland yr. Waistcoat mixtape taxidermy hell of whatever fixie copper mug disrupt.

Chicharrones butcher copper mug shabby chic pork belly live-edge. Semiotics cliche vice tbh cornhole chartreuse humblebrag, la croix banjo poke adaptogen blog kickstarter thundercats cred. Green juice salvia +1 cred chicharrones tbh activated charcoal squid chia. Unicorn schlitz authentic listicle jianbing typewriter taxidermy quinoa four loko. Celiac dreamcatcher asymmetrical taxidermy freegan. Put a bird on it slow-carb blog semiotics leggings, tousled jean shorts. Taxidermy locavore air plant four loko, artisan kickstarter dreamcatcher 3 wolf moon raw denim cray cred.

Banjo banh mi craft beer lumbersexual food truck. Artisan palo santo dreamcatcher authentic food truck. Forage celiac truffaut taxidermy you probably haven't heard of them disrupt leggings pop-up mixtape pug. Vegan hoodie tilde viral banh mi heirloom. Lyft kinfolk neutra vape gastropub brunch asymmetrical blog sartorial vaporware.

Edited by Disgruntler