The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Dec. 29, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Loui has another great game. And I’m just in awe of Virtanen and his play. If he becomes a 20 goal guy as a middle six for a career that’s a win imo. Now I’m rooting for Joulevi to make the jump :towel:

If he could continue as is with or without the points it is a total win. I think all of us have been hoping this is the player we want and to do it consistently for a season. And give Lucic a push or two near the end... beautiful!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Qwags said:

The best take from Cassie Campbell was when she mentioned the "AHL-quality" reffing and how the game missed the more veteran refs. 

Problem being, the ref she named was TIM &^@#ING PEEL. That's some galaxy brain level nonsense. I missed Cheech and Shorty.

The reffing went both ways. Stetchers “slashing” penalty?? Tkachuks penalty was a reputation call. I’m still optimistic on OJ, tkachuk is such a punk.

• Cheers 1

I did not even know Little Johnny Godraw was playing tonight until I saw his face with 2 minutes to go in the 3rd. His big buddy Monahan was also non existent.

Lucic looks like a wounded buffalo trying to skate. When they showed his face when he was sitting on the bench it looked like he was wondering if he should strip down naked and walk into the Alberta woods never to be found.  Just mutually terminate your contract lucic....you suck now lol.

I did wonder, when Lucic was trying to bully Schaller, what that would have looked like if wounded buffalo lucic tried that with Tryamkin. Lucic would not have gotten closer than about two feet from Tryamkin before Tryamkin would have shoved the wounded buffalo to the ice. Would have been awesome!!!

Another big win!!!

Edit: oh yeah...Tkachuk....all he did is take penalties. Did nothing of substance or positive for his team today.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Found this on cowtown puck....
GOLD!  And true... Not much quality character in that line up.  I'll always hate Calgary most... But it's easy because I can't stand the star players in that team.
SUCK IT LAMES!!!!  

On 11/17/2019 at 1:14 PM, cross16 said:

Digging deeper, it’s a more worrisome issue 

Feaster in 2013:

“Is it an organizational disease? What is it?’ We have to find a way to eliminate it. This has been the M.O. since I’ve been in Calgary — win a couple of games and then we decide we can just throw the sweaters out (on the ice).“

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/feaster+blasts+flames+prospects+lacklustre+performance+overlooking+obvious+positives/8885656/story.html

Gulutzan in 2016:

“What bugs me most is we play when it’s easy. If we have that mentality, we have to fight out of it.”

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/3203764/we-were-pathetic-calgary-flames-coach-glen-gulutzan-looking-for-someone-to-step-up-after-loss-to-montreal-canadiens/amp/

now this......

7 minutes ago, Darth Canuck said:

The reffing went both ways. Stetchers “slashing” penalty?? Tkachuks penalty was a reputation call. I’m still optimistic on OJ, tkachuk is such a punk.

She was awful from the get go, the Canucks were a nuisance to her evidently!

• Cheers 1