The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | January (12-18) 2020

Rate this topic

1st career shootout for Merzlikins in Las Vegas.  When Korpisalo got injured Merzlikins had never won a game at that point - he was 0-4-4 with a 0.889 sv% and 3.41GAA.  

He has now played in 7 straight games including a back to back on the road - won both.  He is 5-2-0 with 0.943 sv% and a 1.88 gaa with large stretches being played in CBJ's end - they have been outshot 228 to 188 those 7 games.  

That puck battle sequence behind the net at the 0:26 mark was crazy.  Kane lifted his arms convinced they had scored but he somehow got back in time for a diving save.  

Edited by mll
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, D-Money said:

What’s he getting a hearing for? Being waaaaayyyy tougher? Tkachuk should have not targeted him (with obvious charges).

Kassian is a target because he'll lose it and get penalized for it.  This is well known.  Kassian has always been like that.  Edler did the same thing in the Canucks game.  Tkachuk took a beating and drew a double minor which led to the game winning goal.  I don't like it myself but Kassian is being gamed.

Bieksa told a funny story on HNIC about fighting with Kassian on an elevator back when Kassian was a Canuck.  He's a loose cannon.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed the spectacle of Kass throwing multiple haymakers, while Tkachuk went with the old duck and cover strategy....

....but that's just me....B)

Tkachuks a cheap shot artist, who doesn't intimidate anyone imo. I'm glad Kass took it to him. 

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, mll said:

really torn on this

good to see Kass take a stand for himself but really he just got goaded into a stupid penalty. rendering himself completely neutered for 14+ minutes

I could criticize his teammates for not raising their level of play to support him

in the end the Flames win so I have to say Kass failed.

• Cheers 1

Love Kassian's response and whish he was a Canuck. This "two points is all that matters" mentality makes me want to puke. Sometimes it's time to be a man and $&!# kick someone. I applaud you Zack. It's unfortunate your becoming a rare type player. It's a sad refelction on the up and coming players who have grown up having others, mostly their parents, fight their battles for them. Slow clap Zack. 

Edited by rekker

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Love Kassian's response and whish he was a Canuck. This "two points is all that matters" mentality makes me want to puke. Sometimes it's time to be a man and $&!# kick someone. I applaud you Zack. It's unfortunate your becoming a rare type player. It's a sad refelction on the up and coming players who have grown up having others, mostly their parents, fight their battles for then. Slow clap Zack. 

It's not all that matters. Just what matters most.

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Tkachuks a cheap shot artist, who doesn't intimidate anyone imo. I'm glad Kass took it to him. 

I am too,but sad that he cost his team the game and two massive points.  Clean hits, he should have just tarfeted him back, as he did in the 2nd period.

• Cheers 1