The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 27, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Duodenum said:

Yup, we should take their example and not play him more than our top players as well ^_^.

I don't usually post negative things but man, you seem salty. Canucks won against a really good team in a pretty evenly matched game. Be happy! Enjoy what the team is doing. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Wow... Do you have something against Beagle?
The guy is a warrior. He was one of the biggest reasons we won the game. St Louis played their big guns a lot so he was relied upon heavily to shut them down and on the PK. 

wadr, Beagles line got out worked the whole night...it was Demko that kept that line from getting scored on....they stood around and watched StL...Beagle stopped moving his feet and got worked by StL....he better go and thank Demko. 

Thanked Oden when they were taken off the ice...f'n brutal. He is old that's why he stands around and watches. 

2 hours ago, Duodenum said:

How and why in God's name is Beagle the 2nd highest amongst forwards in TOI?

Yikes.

Thankfully Demko was on his game to bail out the Canucks after some silly deployment by Green in the third. 

Haha man people are really reaching now for something to complain about it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Haha man people are really reaching now for something to complain about it.

you should have been at the game...that line got hemmed in and were scrambling on most of their shifts....or can pretend not to notice.

Can really see this team's strengths and their limitations (weakness)...Beagle needs to improve his play, or this team will get burned.

Edited by Pete M

Gaud's line got worked a bit tonight. They also got the only goal scored against. So did Beagle's line and they saw a lot more ice-time trying to defend a lead. STL was coming on hard. Green probably trusts Beagle out there more defensively since he wins draws and is better in that regard. PK was pretty good.

We won the game so I am not complaining.

Hope Gaud can eventually get better in his own end and at the dot. That way we can see more of him.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Isn’t playing the hardest minutes (and freeing up Petey and Bo) why we have Beagle?  

with jake, in your posts, you wanted too trade him for scraps, might of been on the scotch, still your bi-polar posts gotta stop

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

To be fair, if this had been the Jake from earlier seasons he probably would have just taken the shot himself and shot it right into the goalies pads. It speaks to his increasing confidence and greater sense of on-ice awareness that he thought to make that pass to Miller instead. 

True... all part of learning... 

As a lot of posters said regarding Jake...Patience please... 

He has definitely reached a new level in his play...

What an unbelievably hard fought and exciting win. I feel like this win is really meaningful, look at the standings, we could potentially win the division. Oh my goodness, we are such a better team than the Chaput-Megna years, this is a really good feeling. Come on playoffs!!!  we are on such a good roll now 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

EP Miller Virtanen

Pearson Horvat Boeser

Roussel Sutter Gaudette

Motte Beagle LE

(LE can still rack up the empty net points!)

ewww,gross. boeser is no way a shut down player, and sutter is no way a scoring centre. but thanks for playing

• Wat 7

1 hour ago, xereau said:

Solid team efforts usually start with the first and fourth lines clicking.

The first line draws out the top D.

The fourth line, pushes the secondary scoring / checkers of the other team.

That leaves open a lot of room to deploy Bo when the other team wants to push.

Sutter Beagle Motte were beastly again tonight! Just grinding the puck is a necessary part of the game, and they crack me up at times out there.

I swear they give the puck to the other team just so they can go get it again.

Stecher with Edler on most shifts was great to see again. He's a valuable piece to this team, and I doubt he is traded any time soon.

Nine at home in a row means you are doing something right. Outshot every time, but playing to the system.

Good thing we have two goalies clicking.

Feels like 2009-2010 to me.

Remember those games where Lu made 50 saves? Holy shades of...

Was the crowd Luu'ing tonight a couple times? I swear I heard it..

if you could never type like that again, that would be great.

• Wat 3