The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 27, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

In the context of the game it makes sense. We were defending a lead. Had we been the team down a goal Petey and Bo would of course be getting more ice time than Beagle. 

In the context, the 4th line played so much because they couldn't get out of their own zone when their shift came up, so it made a little more sense in this game. My problem is that Green did this early in the season and the Canucks were getting caved in 3rd periods. He changed it up starting in December, to great success. I don't want to see him revert back to holding leads with the 4th line playing crazy minutes in the 3rd because it'll come back to bite us. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

How and why in God's name is Beagle the 2nd highest amongst forwards in TOI?

Yikes.

Thankfully Demko was on his game to bail out the Canucks after some silly deployment by Green in the third. 

They were stuck on a few icing calls for quite a while, Boeser failed to clear it a couple of times there in the 3rd.  Otherwise, I think Boeser would have had the least ice time for the team.

5 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Fire it up

But make sure everyone knows - you started it

Demko has been a stellar backup. Marky has been playing too many games....

If Markie, wants to get paid like a #1, then he has to earn that contract and see if he cracks playing meaningful/playoff hockey.  This roster will be competitive these next few years and it would be good to know if we have a goalie that wont crack under pressure.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Bo is great, but when he was playing 26 minutes a game that was way too much.  Now Bo’s minutes can be softer, so he can be more offensively. 

Sutter makes that 4th line a lot better too imo hence why I see Green letting the gas off a bit with Horvat. Sutters health is pretty important down the stretch here 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, oldnews said:

exactly.

and when you're facing SCC - the hard minutes get harder.

outstanding night for Beagle (and Motte, Sutter).

Bad giveaway on that one late shift in particular made up for with some serious  grinding. 2 shot blocks. Total crunch time defensive forward. Beagle really impressed tonight. Man we are killing it on face offs this year 

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Bo is great, but when he was playing 26 minutes a game that was way too much.  Now Bo’s minutes can be softer, so he can be more offensively. 

Bo produces better with defensive minutes. I've shown this in older threads. No different this year. When Sutter and Beagle were the bottom two centers this year, he struggled. With both on the same line and as the second defensive option, he's producing. 18-20 minutes is good for him and our 2nd line has been amazing since Eriksson came back in the lineup. He shouldn't be playing less than Beagle unless we have a 5-0 lead early in the game. 

5 minutes ago, iBlueGreen said:

They were stuck on a few icing calls for quite a while, Boeser failed to clear it a couple of times there in the 3rd.  Otherwise, I think Boeser would have had the least ice time for the team.

Boeser starting to get some Green love. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Roberts said:

I was there for his first!

IMG_0597.thumb.JPG.7b05534c28a2c75a64f5adc795058bd8.JPG

I was at that game against Columbus as well. Remember the Canucks blow at 3 goal lead late in the third and I was hoping please just win this game for the kid. It is his first. And Edler scores the game winner in OT like a boss in the end.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, iBlueGreen said:

Boeser looks lost out there at times, he's really struggling right now.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

In the context, the 4th line played so much because they couldn't get out of their own zone when their shift came up, so it made a little more sense in this game. My problem is that Green did this early in the season and the Canucks were getting caved in 3rd periods. He changed it up starting in December, to great success. I don't want to see him revert back to holding leads with the 4th line playing crazy minutes in the 3rd because it'll come back to bite us. 

The current strategy will change once the league makes there adjustments.  Good to the staff and team dealing with it on a game by game basis.