The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Legendary Actor Orson Bean Run Over by Cars and Killed

nucklehead

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/celebrity/veteran-actor-orson-bean-91-struck-and-killed-by-car-while-walking-in-los-angeles/ar-BBZMSOM?ocid=spartanntp

Orson Bean, actor and comedian, was struck and killed by a car in Los Angeles on Friday night. He was 91.

Bean's death was confirmed by the Los Angeles County coroner's office to the Associated Press. They said that his death was being investigated as a "traffic-related" fatality. 

Los Angeles Police Capt. Brian Wendling told ABC initially that a man had been walking in the Venice neighborhood of Los Angeles and was clipped by a vehicle, causing him to fall. Then, a second driver struck him again, which was the cause of his death. 

NBC reported that both drivers stayed on the scene and attempted to administer aid but Bean died at the scene.

ABC reported that actress Alley Mills, 68, who Bean was married to for 27 years, was at the scene at the time of the accident. 

He had a daughter, Michele, from his first marriage to Jacqueline de Sibour, and sons Max and Ezekiel and daughter Susannah from his marriage to Carolyn Maxwell.

Edited by nucklehead

1 hour ago, DonLever said:

I don't think "legendary" is the right description for Olson Bean.  Most people never heard of him.   I know of him only through an episode of Twilight Zone.

Legendary is for people like Kirk Douglas who had an tremendous career.

I never heard of the name but when I looked up what he looked like...I said to myself, "oh yeah, I remember him in ......".  I would think alot of people (at least those that weren't born like just 20 years ago [or less]) would think the same.

On 2/8/2020 at 12:51 PM, DonLever said:

I don't think "legendary" is the right description for Olson Bean.  Most people never heard of him.   I know of him only through an episode of Twilight Zone.

Legendary is for people like Kirk Douglas who had an tremendous career.

You're right. But I felt like it was such an undignified way for such a dignified gentleman to go out I wanted to give him something.