The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 08, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, 6string said:

100% correct.

Let's have Miller do our fighting - got it!

what a bizarre post by that guy. 

the coach decides who to dress, and he iced a soft lineup against a divisional rival that had a good chance of being heated considering the standings.

the team got pushed around all game and we have two guys in the pressbox that are 6'4 200+ lbs. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

So whats the answer to this 'push-back' problem? 

To say they've done absolutely nothing isn't fair, Ferland was a great pickup on paper but it hasn't materialized so far. Roussel's not a fighter but he can drag guys into the fight. Is Simmonds the answer? Would NJ consider moving Myles Wood? (if either of those guys are even suited)

Another part is, how tight is the group? Are they willing to battle for each other? The young core seems to be pretty tight, how do the rest of the guys blend into that.

We need to find that willingness to battle & get ourselves out of this slump. 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

All I can say is that I am glad we are going through this prior to the playoffs. By the way, this is what the playoffs will look like and Petey will be getting the same treatment as tonight. Does this look eerily familiar? Haven't we gone down this road before? Well we have Boes and Petey and before we had Hank and Dan. What is the correlation? Getting roughed up and no response. It will be worse in the playoffs. Believe me.

So how well have we done since taking Jake off of Petey's line? Have we won a game?

As far as I am concerned, Petey and Hughes are everything to this team and we aren't treating them like it. Petey needs players like Jake and Miller patrolling his wings and not Boes. It might by a mute point now that its too late and Boes is injured. Didn't I say there was still something wrong with Boes's wrist? I knew there was an issue.

Time will tell how TG deals with this but now is the time to get rid of some of the "dead weight" like Schaller and LE and get some hungry guys that are willing to "battle" and act like they care for their teammates.

actually we started losing when Jake was on that line,  but thats okay Boeser will be on IR, and Jake can take his place, then everyone can be happy. but actually I think Bailly might be a better choice on the 1st, 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

3 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

I hope we see Bailey on Monday. Dude was on fire and he's been riding the pine. Marky had a great game, but I'd like to see Demko more. 

they bring bailey up to sit in the press box like wtf....whats the point in bring him up to sit, makes no sense on some decisions 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Lucic when asked about playing in Vancouver (in the Visitors’ Dressing Room):

”It’s great. I try to look for the Champagne stains on the ceiling.”

God I hate him. 

me too!!!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

God I hate him. 

Should’ve asked him if he felt ashamed taking money he’s not earning.  Course I wouldn’t ask him for fear of getting an autograph of his fists all over my face.:P

• Cheers 1

IM tired off the finger pointing towards our top Players (Horvat) and even Green. 

Where the hell where our bottom 6 players tonight that’s what I want to know. And don’t say Green cause that horse radish.

You know the ones making 3+ million a year

2 minutes ago, bree2 said:

actually we started losing when Jake was on that line,  but thats okay Boeser will be on IR, and Jake can take his place, then everyone can be happy. but actually I think Bailly might be a better choice on the 1st, 

That’s completely inaccurate 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

HNIC showed a compilation of what Petey's night looked tonight. He got crosschecked, slew footed, held and roughed up. 

how come there's not a single clip of Gadreau or Monahan getting that kind of treatment from the Canucks?!

In our own barn no less :picard:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Vanuckles said:

In our own barn no less :picard:

the soft culture has creeped in the city, you dont ever see that much Lame fans in the stands back in the Sedin/WCE eras. 

and you will never see Naslund get the treatment Petey got tonight and go unnoticed. 

• Cheers 3

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

I have coached competitive  sport  for over 20 years...  I know  coaches can influence how players approach the game..

When the players don't support each other... it is on Travis Greeen. 

In minor hockey, sure coaches offer help in shaping players' character. 

But beyond that, babysitting stops. It's expected of the players. 

Our problem is lack of the right pieces. It's not talking the right things. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

God I hate him. 

Yup, that's about what I'd expect from a guy like that.. 

• Cheers 1