The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 08, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Jetliner said:

Ahh the fire green comments are back

Buts it's no surprise we lose if we can't score 5 plus goals for this team. We can't play defense since the start of the season. We rely on Marky too much. 

Honestly if we gotta fire someone fire the assistants. Get someone with more experience to help

All roads lead back to the head coach 

the entire coaching staff needs to go 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, BarnBurner said:

Right. But who's setting the tone as a leader on our team? Everything always starts at the top. Someone has to take responsibility and as is always the case, it starts from the owner down, to GM, Coach, Captain, etc. So who's going to step up to the plate?

Owner ain’t going so it’s either GM or coach, I think Bo could use a better coach.

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Well ... odds are greater this year. I'm just not crying over this game. They've overcome a lot of adversity this year to earn some faith rather than the usual negativity.

Odds are better of winning a cup this year if they fired their coach mid season.

• Wat 1

People honestly need to get real. On paper nobody expected this team to even come close to the playoffs and 3/4 quarters through the season there first in the division and all they want to do is fire the coach. Half the roster is having career seasons and the 3 of the 4 best players on the team are under 22. Yes the team is going to struggle from time to time!! Our young guys will get tougher and overcome the in game tactics other teams do to throw them off there game.

• Cheers 1

This team needs a big mix up. Boeser out a while and Petey should sit until he's healthy.

Miller - Horvat - Baertschi

Pearson - Gaudette - Goldobin

Virtanen - Sutter - Bailey

Roussel - Beagle - Eriksson

Let's go nuts see what happens but one way or another this team needs change.

1 minute ago, Sweathog said:

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. If an opposing player takes shots against anyone on our team, especially our star players, then the team needs to pushback. If it costs us penalties, fine. If it costs us a game or two, so be it. But it has to start now.

It is essential that the Canucks stand up for each other, not only to send a message, but to also show each other that they got their back. If they don't, then I can't see how this team goes anywhere in the playoffs. They'll get intimidated to the point where they'll stop playing their game and that's it.

With your comment about Petey being underdeveloped, that's all the more reason to come to his defense.

Great points.  If EP40, bit back hard that would perhaps send the right message about biting back at that very moment - especially against potential playoff competition.....

If I was EP40 or any other player, I would not wait for someone, screw what the coach says (or not saying) and deal with it right at that very moment (of course, there will be exceptions and some situational awareness will matter).

• Cheers 1

Well I must go. These forums have been disappointing to say the least. I got caught up in it again. Wasting to much time in a cesspool of negative energy and it’s actually effected my love for the team and what I do with my time.

We just lost Boeser to injury and nobody cares. Another flavour of the week. It’s just fire Green this, and this guys garbage and so on. 

Take care guys.

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 2

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Well I must go. These forums have been disappointing to say the least. I got caught up in it again. Wasting to much time in a cesspool of negative energy and it’s actually effected my love for the team and what I do with my time.

We just lost Boeser to injury and nobody cares. Another flavour of the week. It’s just fire Green this, and this guys garbage and so on. 

Take care guys.

Dev if people didn’t care they wouldn’t say anything.

everyones getting frustrated that game after game our best players are getting worked over and the players who were brought in to create the safe environment don’t even bat an eye. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Take care guys.

Bye.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Dev if people didn’t care they wouldn’t say anything.

everyones getting frustrated that game after game our best players are getting worked over and the players who were brought in to create the safe environment don’t even bat an eye. 

No it’s different. everyone is worried about Petey. I am too but it’s stupid. After every loss. People want to pitch fork Bo. And nobody has said a single thing about Boeser.

It consuming me and I don’t like it.

Do you know how to delete the account I can’t figure it out lol

Just now, Devron44 said:

No it’s different. everyone is worried about Petey. I am too but it’s stupid. After every loss. People want to pitch fork Bo. And nobody has said a single thing about Boeser.

It consuming me and I don’t like it.

Do you know how to delete the account I can’t figure it out lol

Fair enough. Just sign out of Your account and don’t come on the forum for a while. It’s not always as you describe on here 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Fair enough. Just sign out of Your account and don’t come on the forum for a while. It’s not always as you describe on here 

Yeah, the energy was so different when they were on there last point streak but this is to be expected.  

Edited by ShawnAntoski

Schaller can fight. He doesnt do it because he thinks this team is not worth it. Hes just waiting for his next contract with another team. And yet the management doesnt notice this and still gives him that roster spot with 10 minutes a game. For someone who isn't producing, nor contributing physically. In place of a handful of deserving players whom we have buried in the AHL. Boucher, Baertschi, Goldobin, Lind, Bailey. 

Same with Eriksson taking a roster spot. 

• Wat 2
  • Upvote 1