The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks on family guy

Rate this topic

linden17

Was dozing off this evening while watching family guy and had to rewind it twice to confirm he said “the Canucks game”. I wonder if it’s a reference to us rioting after game 7. Lol, pretty cool. I know the Canucks are referenced on “how I met your mother” a bunch. Anybody have any other videos of the Canucks being referenced in a show?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I totally forgot about that. Shannon was a cutie back in the day. Funny thing is one of the first games my older brother went to was the Canucks vs. The whalers and the Whalers won 1-0 in OT back in 89/90. Was that on the genesis? What game was that?

Edited by linden17

20 minutes ago, linden17 said:

Was dozing off this evening while watching family guy and had to rewind it twice to confirm he said “the Canucks game”. I wonder if it’s a reference to us rioting after game 7. Lol, pretty cool. I know the Canucks are referenced on “how I met your mother” a bunch. Anybody have any other videos of the Canucks being referenced in a show?

E9314B4E-809B-4C28-84A0-E3C70F6C789A.MOV

The beginning of the movie Molly's Game 

It had Jessica Chastain talking about various sports teams and athletes suffering heartbreaking defeats ... so you can guess what she was talking about 

Edited by iinatcc
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

The beginning of the movie Molly's Game 

It had Jessica Chastain talking about various sports teams and athletes suffering heartbreaking defeats ... so you can guess what she was talking about 

No idea about the actress or the movie lol. Fill us in.

7 hours ago, canuckster19 said:

I remember seeing Canucks pennants on various sitcoms in boys rooms and sports bars, Married With Children for example.

Really? Married with children was a show I was never allowed to watch. Maybe I should watch it 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Cobie Smulders is from Smithers...

There was one episode where she mentions getting to go to the dressing room and meet.....wait for it........Mason Raymond!

Didn’t we trade that guy along with ballard for a first? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Cobie Smulders is from Smithers...

There was one episode where she mentions getting to go to the dressing room and meet.....wait for it........Mason Raymond!

I never watched this show but saw and episode where they go to a NYR/VAN game on the day that the Canucks where in NY to play the Rangers.  

I've seen the Canucks dressing room on a Metillica doc and 30 for 30's Chuck & Tito.

Edited by Tre Mac
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

cant find a video of it but when the canucks first brought back the stick in rink jersey 50 cent was wearing it on the tonight show with jay leno. also in happy gilmore you can see a canucks pennant on his apartment wall.

happy Gilmore was filmed in van so that makes sense.. no clue on the other shows

First of all... OP deserves way more pluses... what's going on here?! Thank you for sharing, I loled pretty good. 

The below clip is great, but it doesn't catch the 2 or 3 seconds before, where it shows the rioters from the outside. It's too bad this guy putting it on youtube didn't drag it back a little. 

10 hours ago, BoKnows said:

Here's the Family Guy clip.  Video that OP had wouldn't work for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

cant find a video of it but when the canucks first brought back the stick in rink jersey 50 cent was wearing it on the tonight show with jay leno. also in happy gilmore you can see a canucks pennant on his apartment wall.

I remember that episode of jay Leno and sometimes wondered who that guy was. Thanks.