The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No attending Canucks games until Vaccine is found broad treatment is available or herd immunity is developed,

Rate this topic

Screw

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/covid-19-no-vancouver-canucks-until-a-vaccine-is-found-but-pubs-can-open-next-week/wcm/de80eab0-5a89-4ab2-ba15-86c0d7204d90/

There will be no live audience professional sports, international tourism, gatherings of more than 50 people (except in big stores), conventions or large concerts until either a COVID-19 vaccine is found, broad treatment is available or herd immunity is developed, the B.C. government revealed today.

Edited by Screw

Not only a vaccine found but available.  I suspect that all players and support staff will have to be vaccinated before they are allowed to travel from city to city as it is done in the regular season.  Until that happens, we may have games under quarantine conditions in hubs.

• Cheers 1

The title is a bit misleading. We won't be seeing any Canucks games live for the time being but Horgan mentioned that he'd written to the NHL and offered Vancouver as a host city; provided they come up with a plan for how the games could be played with minimal risk.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Screw said:

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/covid-19-no-vancouver-canucks-until-a-vaccine-is-found-but-pubs-can-open-next-week/wcm/de80eab0-5a89-4ab2-ba15-86c0d7204d90/

There will be no live audience professional sports, international tourism, gatherings of more than 50 people (except in big stores), conventions or large concerts until either a COVID-19 vaccine is found, broad treatment is available or herd immunity is developed, the B.C. government revealed today.

UFC says hi lol. No audience but card this weekend. 

10 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

The title is a bit misleading. We won't be seeing any Canucks games live for the time being but Horgan mentioned that he'd written to the NHL and offered Vancouver as a host city; provided they come up with a plan for how the games could be played with minimal risk.

Exactly.  Title should be "No Canucks Live at Rogers Arena for Fans until Vaccine is Found".

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Screw said:

The disappointment comes for me knowing that if they return it will be to empty arenas.  Just imagine winning the Stanley Cup inside a mausoleum.  

I think we'd all be pretty freakin happy about that. Plus think of the party in Stanley Park once there was a vaccine. 

19 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

UFC says hi lol. No audience but card this weekend. 

At least security will have it easier when post fight scrums happen if they do. Usually hell to get into the Octo when the place is packed.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think we'd all be pretty freakin happy about that. Plus think of the party in Stanley Park once there was a vaccine. 

Dude, I'd certainly fist bump my cat and would be stoked but and OT cup clinching goal in silence would be weird.

Edited by Screw

5 minutes ago, Screw said:

Dude, I'd certainly fist bump my cat and would be stoked but and OT cup clinching goal in silence would be weird.

this is our year man, covid cup has our luck written all over it. 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

this is our year man, covid cup has our luck written all over it. 

Sutter usually looks like he hasn't slept in weeks.  Maybe other teams will give him a wide berth and he becomes Chris Kontos!!

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1